What is your favorite TV show of all time?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Self explanatory really, can be any TV show of any genre but what is your favorite show of all time? The one you can go back to and never get bored of it? The one that you still remember lines from it off by heart?

I shall go first:

Red Dwarf

Some of the funniest comedy I have ever had the pleasure to watch, remembering lines from the show always makes me laugh even today! It was British comedy at it's finest and the jokes from it are writing at it's best!

What's everyone elses?

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Too hard to answer

X Files
Breaking bad
The Shield
lost

Pick one out of those

Note that im picking old shows.

Prolly x-files tho, that was my 1st foray into american tv and opened my eyes to soooooooooooooooooooooo much

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
The Wire.

Just no contest. It's the best TV series that there has ever been. Breaking Bad is good but not in the same league.

Mind you, I'm about to start The Sopranos soon so this might change.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
Tie between Dragon ball/ dragon ball z and Buffy the vampire slayer/Angel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6470760]I found the wire slow to get into, i got the box set on sky so imma try it soon[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it. I'm currently watching it again with my girlfriend, think this is my third time rewatching it.

I can see how the slowness puts people off, especially the first season. I had to watch the first season twice the first time I watched it as I couldn't get into it. But when you are into it and you understand all the connections. It just blows everything out of the water

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
christopher morris's Brasseye. absolutely brilliant show. duped a few celebrities too. loved it. followed by soa.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
This really is too hard. There are so many I've enjoyed over the years, for different reasons too.

I'm going to have to say Blackadder. That has some of the most unparalleled brilliance in script-writing.

[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6470758]The Wire...Just no contest.[/QUOTE]
Gonna check this out soon. People keep saying it's great, I need to see it.
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 6470782]christopher morris's Brasseye. absolutely brilliant show. duped a few celebrities too. loved it.[/QUOTE]
I remember the one where Kim Wilde gets persuaded they were clamping homeless people in London :lol:
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6470776]Oz, because it was probably the first one, but I really loved it back in the day.[/QUOTE]
I remember Oz! Pretty cool, only saw a little though. Prison drama right? Guy in wheelchair would talk to the camera.

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Probably would say it's a tie between Rome and Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad coming in at a very close second. Rome was sadly cut short much too early and had t0 be rushed to the end in the second season. I'm a little biased because that is my favorite point of history so seeing all the sets and props made it so much better for me. But it's not to take away from the fact that the show was amazing. The most common running theme was deceit, murder, and war.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The X-Files is my favorite television show of all time. I'm mainly interested in the show's mythology and characters. I also watched The X-Files: Fight the Future (the 1998 movie set between Season 5 and 6) and read the ongoing comic series (Season 10 and 11) written by Joe Harris and art by Matthew Dow Smith and Jordie Bellaire who capture the atmosphere of The X-Files very well.

Fringe is my second favorite television show which is like a spiritual successor to The X-Files. The relationship between Peter and Olivia isn't as memorable compared to Mulder and Scully from The X-Files but Walter Bishop's eccentric personality and relationship with his son are entertaining. And some of the season finales were really mind-blowing.

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Major, post: 6470802]

I remember Oz! Pretty cool, only saw a little though. Prison drama right? Guy in wheelchair would talk to the camera.[/QUOTE]

Yea mate, that one! It was over-cool for it's age. Loved every episode. There are groups which have their own aim, lots of thing going on in that small rathole.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
So many to choose from: on the British side I think comedy is the forte, I'd have to name Red Dwarf (of course) and Not Going Out as 2 of my particular favourites.

Over the pond it's a toss up between Californication or Game of Thrones, quite partial to a bit of Grimm as well.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Share quality I'd say The Wire. Kidsshows I'd say Mumindalen or Sonic SatAM. Long running series I'd say Naruto. Fantasy, I'd say Xena Warrior Princess. Sci-fi, I'd say Battle Star Galactica. I'm tempted to put Twin Peaks up somewhere, but because of the direction the last few episodes, I'll leave it in obscurity. Hannibal, best thriller, and True Detective S1 best.. detective series?

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6471302]I've never heard of Red Dwarf.[/QUOTE]

Oh....you need educating....

And yes easily my most favorite show ever.

[video=youtube;LRq_SAuQDec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec[/video]

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2013
Sweden
Breaking Bad and Seinfeld would be my favourite shows. Gone through all the seasons of Seinfeld numerous times and just can't get sick of it.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6471312]Meh. I guess it was one of those had to be there in that time kind of deals.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, you need to sit down and give it a go, the show is brilliantly written, and I know you like you sci-fi shows, this just mixes it up with a large dose of some of the funniest dialog.

[video=youtube;NEu0o62ycmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEu0o62ycmg[/video]

[video=youtube;hRMORP8ykLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMORP8ykLA[/video]

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Nille, post: 6471333]Breaking Bad and Seinfeld would be my favourite shows. Gone through all the seasons of Seinfeld numerous times and just can't get sick of it.[/QUOTE]

I've never understood the appeal to Seinfeld. I've watched multiple episodes and only slightly chuckled at most. Jerry is very nasaly and whiny. I guess I just don't get that kind of dry humor.