What new AAA game defines the Xbox One?

Jun 4, 2007
Every generation of Xbox had groundbreaking successful AAA titles that continued into the next console. Titles such as Halo, fable, Forza and Gears. I think I listed them all. You're more than welcome to correct that.

What new AAA Xbox One exclusives would you hold to the same level of Gears, Halo, and Forza/Horizion on the Xbox One? Do you think the Xbox One has any? What Xbox One title would you want to see given a 2nd chance to become a big hit?

Jan 19, 2018
Every generation of Xbox had groundbreaking successful AAA titles that continued into the next console. Titles such as Halo, fable, Forza and Gears. I think I listed them all. You're more than welcome to correct that.

What new AAA Xbox One exclusives would you hold to the same level of Gears, Halo, and Forza/Horizion on the Xbox One? Do you think the Xbox One has any? What Xbox One title would you want to see given a 2nd chance to become a big hit?
I would like to see what they could do with Recore (not even sure they own it), with a big budget like Halo. I like the game, but you can tell it has an indie vibe to it. Make the game deeper in features, give it a more thorough story, lock it at 60fps, add multiplayer co-op as an option, and then dump in a bunch of textures to make it look pretty. It wouldn't be a defining game for Xbox, but it would get more respect and offer AAA instead of just AA or A.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
What do people even do in Sea of Thieves that is so exciting? The video review I watched of that game a while ago had such bare-bones, boring gameplay, I would be surprised if anyone was still playing it.

And before anyone says, "it's more fun with friends", doing what exactly?

May 20, 2008
What do people even do in Sea of Thieves that is so exciting? The video review I watched of that game a while ago had such bare-bones, boring gameplay, I would be surprised if anyone was still playing it.

And before anyone says, "it's more fun with friends", doing what exactly?
I’m not into the whole pirate thing with SOT but it obviously has a lot of gamers who like it. Not everyone likes playing God of War or Halo. The real question is why would anyone care so much about what other people play or what they like?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I’m not into the whole pirate thing with SOT but it obviously has a lot of gamers who like it. Not everyone likes playing God of War or Halo.
You say you're not interested in Sea of Thieves but give it the benefit of the doubt. What about the game itself runs contrary to common criticism that it's repetitive and lacking in content?

The real question is why would anyone care so much about what other people play or what they like?
You presume that I or anyone else not saying something nice about Xbox or its games cares too much, yet you and other Xbox fans (or people who play almost exclusively on Xbox) care too little to post positive news, opinions and such yourselves.

Jan 19, 2018
I have Sea of Thieves. It was pretty baron at the release, but now they have released a ton of great content. It ended up being in 3 author's recommeneded games for the year at Eurogamer because of the added content. I played the Alpha for a bit, but it was boring. After monitoring the development and all the stuff being added, and it going on sale, I bought it recently. It really is a great game. I know what their intent was for online game, but I would love a campaign in the future.

May 20, 2008
You say you're not interested in Sea of Thieves but give it the benefit of the doubt. What about the game itself runs contrary to common criticism that it's repetitive and lacking in content?
You asked a question saying what do people do in the game that is so exciting so I just pointed out your opinion of a game doesn’t equal another gamers actual experience.

You presume that I or anyone else not saying something nice about Xbox or its games cares too much, yet you and other Xbox fans (or people who play almost exclusively on Xbox) care too little to post positive news, opinions and such yourselves.
I didn’t presume anything. Your question made it clear that you’ve never played the game nor have you been keeping up with the updates to it that Rare has been doing since the game launched. Lots of people are still playing the game too just so you know.

As for Xbox fans not posting positive news I think you know the answer to that. There is very little interest in anything positive about Xbox around here. Anything positive quickly goes left but I don’t have to tell you that because you already know.

As for SOT , you just made assumptions about a game you have never played or know very little about . Is it that difficult to believe that there are gamers who like this type of game?

Ask about Forza Horizon 4, Ashen or Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox one x. You won’t because it doesn’t fit the usual narrative.

I have Sea of Thieves. It was pretty baron at the release, but now they have released a ton of great content. It ended up being in 3 author's recommeneded games for the year at Eurogamer because of the added content. I played the Alpha for a bit, but it was boring. After monitoring the development and all the stuff being added, and it going on sale, I bought it recently. It really is a great game. I know what their intent was for online game, but I would love a campaign in the future.
It’s nice to hear from someone who actually played the game.

Jun 4, 2007
Boo hoo. Get over it, Sub. MS are terrible making big new AAA i.ps. That's no one's fault other than MS lol. Too bad it hurts your feelings. This whole generation has been a nightmare for you and I love your pain.

May 20, 2008
Boo hoo. Get over it, Sub. MS are terrible making big new AAA i.ps. That's no one's fault other than MS lol. Too bad it hurts your feelings. This whole generation has been a nightmare for you and I love your pain.
Lol... my point exactly. I knew sooner or later ilthat would come. All this feigning interest in Xbox is quite funny though.

Jun 4, 2007
Lol... my point exactly. I knew sooner or later ilthat would come. All this feigning interest in Xbox is quite funny though.
How about you answer the questions in the op instead of being a crybaby over spilled milk.

You won't answer the op because it makes your beloved xbone generation look a certain way. It brings you back to reality about these big xbone exclusives compared to the Xbox and 360. It also says a lot about Phil when it comes to games.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
How about you answer the questions in the op instead of being a crybaby over spilled milk.
Why answer a question you apparently already have the answer to.

You won't answer the op because it makes your beloved xbone generation look a certain way. It brings you back to reality about these big xbone exclusives compared to the Xbox and 360. It also says a lot about Phil when it comes to games.
See there. You already have the answer. Xbox sucks and so does Phil. Rinse and repeat.

Jun 4, 2007
Insomniac wanted to make Sunset Overdrive 2 but MS didn't pull the trigger. Now Insomniac has created one of the biggest exclusives ever on the PS4 with Spider-Man. Their priority is probably on Spider-Man 2. Remedy wanted to make Alan Wake 2 and MS canceled it. Remedy wanted to make a sequel to Quantum Break but that's not going to happen either based on Arron Greenberg. Remedy is fed up with MS's shit(to keep it short). Remedy bust their ass to create these worlds that was made to continue and MS decides to hold on to the publishing rights while not funding a sequel. This was talked about in one of their Control interviews.

It's well known that MS loves sticking their nose into things and just fuck them all up. Phil canceled Scalebound and Fable Legends. I don't recall much behind the Scalebound cancellation but we do know that MS screwed up the Fable series. Lionhead wanted to create Fable 4 and MS wanted Fable Legends instead. $75 million sunk into a Fable that the studio didn't want to make nor have the experience in creating. Project Spark was shutdown less than 2 years after it had launched. MS canceled an Obsidian xbox one exclusive also. This is pure hell and xbox fanboys would paint the picture that everything is fine. Everyone is being mean to MS for no reason during this time period.

MS has been messing up for so long that it's hard to take them serious on anything they say. "Look at us. We're buying studios." Cool story, Phil. That shit means nothing if they're going to produce mediocre titles when you need highly successful exclusives(with scores and sales) to wipe away the tarnish that they created. You'll get praise when it's deserved with killer new titles.

May 20, 2008
Insomniac wanted to make Sunset Overdrive 2 but MS didn't pull the trigger. Now Insomniac has created one of the biggest exclusives ever on the PS4 with Spider-Man. Their priority is probably on Spider-Man 2. Remedy wanted to make Alan Wake 2 and MS canceled it. Remedy wanted to make a sequel to Quantum Break but that's not going to happen either based on Arron Greenberg. Remedy is fed up with MS's shit(to keep it short). Remedy bust their ass to create these worlds that was made to continue and MS decides to hold on to the publishing rights while not funding a sequel. This was talked about in one of their Control interviews.

It's well known that MS loves sticking their nose into things and just fuck them all up. Phil canceled Scalebound and Fable Legends. I don't recall much behind the Scalebound cancellation but we do know that MS screwed up the Fable series. Lionhead wanted to create Fable 4 and MS wanted Fable Legends instead. $75 million sunk into a Fable that the studio didn't want to make nor have the experience in creating. Project Spark was shutdown less than 2 years after it had launched. MS canceled an Obsidian xbox one exclusive also. This is pure hell and xbox fanboys would paint the picture that everything is fine. Everyone is being mean to MS for no reason during this time period.

MS has been messing up for so long that it's hard to take them serious on anything they say. "Look at us. We're buying studios." Cool story, Phil. That shit means nothing if they're going to produce mediocre titles when you need highly successful exclusives(with scores and sales) to wipe away the tarnish that they created. You'll get praise when it's deserved with killer new titles.
I'm tryin to figure out if you're angry at Microsoft or are you angry that xbox gamers aren't angry at Microsoft :confused:. If any corporation made me this upset I wouldn't waste any time worrying about what they do. Maybe your gaming needs aren't being satisfied elsewhere so you feel the need to just vent or as you say "be mean" to Microsoft because it makes you feel better or you think it bothers people like me. Well, I think you know by now that it doesn't. I think it kills you that Microsoft has fans that are willing to forgive their faults and stick with them just like fans of the other console makers. Oops, I forgot that no other console makers makes any mistakes and have always been perfect. What the hell was I thinking?:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that me and other xbox gamers here have said on numerous occasions that Microsoft needs to improve their first party gaming, but you go right ahead and keep beating that drum. Like I said before, why would you care so much about something you have no interest in? That's strange to me. And oh, I bet Phil Spencer is just a a wreck right now. I can picture him sitting in his multi-million dollar mansion shaking in his boots and worrying about people being mean to Microsoft...lol

Just please do us a favor. Next time just make a thread about how you think Microsoft 1st party hasn't been up to standards or is crap or whatever. This "what new AAA games define the Xbox one " is just not candid. Especially when we know you don't really care about it. You don't need to make any excuses to remind us how much you dislike Microsoft and xbox. You never have before so no need to change now.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
I would say State of Decay 2 is a good game but it is the same of the first game
I'd like to see them have a big budget while creating SOD3. It has a lot more potential and AA budgets is only holding it back.
Didn't read your post at all since you've stated that you have no interest in answering the OP. It's not my fault MS fails at anything not named Halo, Gears or Forza in the AAA side of things. At least they have another year or so to squeezzzze an amazing new AAA i.p out but I doubt it. They've been doing a bang up job the entire generation. Back to the ignore list you go.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
You asked a question saying what do people do in the game that is so exciting so I just pointed out your opinion of a game doesn’t equal another gamers actual experience.
Maybe that's the problem, you focus almost exclusively on the opinion because it's negative, rather than that I asked why anyone was interested. All you had to say was, "It actually doesn't suck anymore" but instead you argued that every game doesn't need to be like Halo or God of War. So not only did you give Sea of Thieves the benefit of the doubt but you defended its mediocre gameplay.

Lots of people are still playing the game too just so you know.
How many? More than other Xbox One exclusives? If so, then it must be a game that defines the Xbox One experience (something you could argue is a reason to own an Xbox One).

As for Xbox fans not posting positive news I think you know the answer to that. There is very little interest in anything positive about Xbox around here. Anything positive quickly goes left but I don’t have to tell you that because you already know.
So you're telling me you posted positive threads and/or positive posts in said threads only to be met with negative responses? You've given up promoting any semblance of meaningful discussion regarding Xbox?

It’s nice to hear from someone who actually played the game.
It really is, but mainly because she mentioned things that could still be improved with Sea of Thieves. She didn't make it sound like a 6/10 experience that jumped all the way up to a 10/10. Halo and Gears of War weren't even perfect upon release (my opinion anyway) but they had much better reception (why can't Rare release a good game at launch instead of following the "we'll fix it later" trend)?

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I'd like to see them have a big budget while creating SOD3. It has a lot more potential and AA budgets is only holding it back.

Didn't read your post at all since you've stated that you have no interest in answering the OP. It's not my fault MS fails at anything not named Halo, Gears or Forza in the AAA side of things. At least they have another year or so to squeezzzze an amazing new AAA i.p out but I doubt it. They've been doing a bang up job the entire generation. Back to the ignore list you go.
Yea, sure you didn’t read the post. I’ve heard that one before from you.

But anyway, there isn’t just one game that defines my Xbox one. I love my Halo but I also love playing Killer Instinct, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive and others. Being able to go back and play games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow and Fight Night Champion is a plus too because every now and then I like to go back to my old library and play through those. Gamepass is also a huge plus.

Those are things that define the Xbox one to me and why it’s the best place to play.

Maybe that's the problem, you focus almost exclusively on the opinion because it's negative, rather than that I asked why anyone was interested. All you had to say was, "It actually doesn't suck anymore" but instead you argued that every game doesn't need to be like Halo or God of War. So not only did you give Sea of Thieves the benefit of the doubt but you defended its mediocre gameplay.
I didn't call your opinion negative. I just pointed out that what doesn't float your boat may be just what someone else is wanting. I wont say the game doesn't suck because I haven't put any time into it but I do know that its still popular on Xbox live. Hence why I said not everyone is into Halo or God of War. Some people like the single player experiences and some like games with more replay value like Sea of Thieves.

yea, I probably should of said that it doesn't suck anymore but there is a 99% chance of it being blown off as "you just love anything Micsrosoft", so why bother. However, you could of easily asked who here has played the game. Sometimes the simple things will do just fine.

How many? More than other Xbox One exclusives? If so, then it must be a game that defines the Xbox One experience (something you could argue is a reason to own an Xbox One).
Well I don't know just how many so you're gonna have to do your own research but Rare has gone on record thanking fans of the game for their continued support of the game.

So you're telling me you posted positive threads and/or positive posts in said threads only to be met with negative responses? You've given up promoting any semblance of meaningful discussion regarding Xbox?
lol...meaningful discussion? That's not gonna happen and you know it. Im just one of the few with the courage to call a spade a spade when I see it. I've been here long enough to recognize when certain members are genuine. It never takes long for the true intentions to show up. Im not saying its you but its obvious who it is 99% of the time.

It really is, but mainly because she mentioned things that could still be improved with Sea of Thieves. She didn't make it sound like a 6/10 experience that jumped all the way up to a 10/10.
Or mainly because that person actually owns and plays the game so that opinion may hold more weight than someone who only watched a video review and make certain assumptions. And I don't see anything wrong with a 6/10 experience. That tells me that there are more positives than negatives. There are no perfect games IMO. That's one of the problems with gamers today. Anything considered good has to be a certain score.

Halo and Gears of War weren't even perfect upon release (my opinion anyway) but they had much better reception (why can't Rare release a good game at launch instead of following the "we'll fix it later" trend)?
Rare has released "good games" at launch. If your definition of a good game is not releasing updates or fixes then 99% of the industry make bad games. No Mans Sky and other games on PlayStation released lacking content and needed updates to fix bugs or whatever. Were those considered "good games" or does that rule only apply to games that Rare make?

Last edited:

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
Another Alan Wake or remastered version as I did not finish that game and maybe another exclusive game like Splinter Cell Conviction

Jan 19, 2018

It really is, but mainly because she mentioned things that could still be improved with Sea of Thieves. She didn't make it sound like a 6/10 experience that jumped all the way up to a 10/10. Halo and Gears of War weren't even perfect upon release (my opinion anyway) but they had much better reception (why can't Rare release a good game at launch instead of following the "we'll fix it later" trend)?
I am a he with a fetish for Emmy Rossum:)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I am a he with a fetish for Emmy Rossum:)
I too must confess, I'm not an anime sky pirate.

Rare has released "good games" at launch. If your definition of a good game is not releasing updates or fixes then 99% of the industry make bad games. No Mans Sky and other games on PlayStation released lacking content and needed updates to fix bugs or whatever. Were those considered "good games" or does that rule only apply to games that Rare make?
No, I also voiced my disbelief with No Man's Sky. Supposedly it's a better game now too but it should be a good game when it launches, like countless games that have come before.

This has nothing to do with PlayStation vs. Xbox to me. Although I do miss Xbox experiences like Halo 2, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Crimson Skies and Worms 4: Mayhem (the only Worms I've played, to be fair).

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I too must confess, I'm not an anime sky pirate.

No, I also voiced my disbelief with No Man's Sky. Supposedly it's a better game now too but it should be a good game when it launches, like countless games that have come before.

This has nothing to do with PlayStation vs. Xbox to me. Although I do miss Xbox experiences like Halo 2, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Crimson Skies and Worms 4: Mayhem (the only Worms I've played, to be fair).
Eveything is about playstation vs xbox here or else we wouldn't even be discussing this. We can talk about how things should be when it comes to gmes until we are blue in the face but thats not the reality of it. I just used NMS as an example. There are plenty others out there i could of used. Additional content whether it be add ons, fixes or whatever are just part of the whole process now. There are pros and cons there imo. I think Rare are good devs. They are very unique. I dont play all their games but the ones i do play are good. They've been doing it for over 30 years and still creating unique games. They arent the same as they were back in their Nintendo days but how how many others are thats been around that long.

I would never expect mutiplayer only games to be more polished than scripted single player games. So it doesnt surprise me when games like Sea of Thieves continue to release content.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Forza, Halo, Gears of War. Those are the only franchises I think of when I hear AAA and Microsoft. They ruined Fable which is a shame. They never made a sequel out of Kameo for some stupid reason. I loved that game.

Microsoft does not seem to go the same route as Sony does when it comes to quality franchises. Sony is good at getting IP's that people want more and more of.

The Last of Us
Uncharted
inFamous
God of War
Gran Turismo
MLB The Show
Killzone
Resistance (would love for this one to come back!!)
Little Big Planet

I think Microsoft would be smart if they went and brought back Alan Wake. I thought that was a really good game on the 360.

So for me they should bring back Alan Wake and Kameo. And probably Left 4 Dead.