what operating systems do you use?

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Fedora on most PCs. Windows 8 on my Ativ tablet (only because can't install Linux since it has a CloverTrail Atom CPU. XD) Android for my phone and car stereo. :p

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ash91

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Currently rocking Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre on my PC.
Windows 8.1 Pro on my Sony Vaio.
Mac OS X Mavericks on my Mac Mini.
iOS7 on my iPad mini and iPod Touch.
Android 4.3 on my Nexus 4.
Android 4.2.1 on my Xperia Tablet Z.

Oct 16, 2015
i'm currently using windows 8 and it's good, bit glitchy becuase it thinks my computer is also a touchscreen. i hate mac os, especially now that everything has started synching and becoming unbearably integrated. i actually want to move on to ubuntu linux though. does anyone know how the installation of wordpress goes with it and if the updates are accepted as qucikly? i used a managed hosting services with these guys: https://www.1and1.com/managed-hosting, it's through wordpress. it'll be a huge pain to switch over just to find out it doesn't work as smoothly. does anyone know of any problems i'd have? also, i use adobe, which i know doesn't work with linux operating systems, but is there a way around that? cheers.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
I'm currently running Ubuntu on my home machine and will be glad to be switching on my new Windows machine soon. Ubuntu is good if you're somewhat tech-savvy or a linux coder but if you can't tick either of those boxes I'd advise against Ubuntu for the long term. Stick with Windows, it just works.

You can use things like Wine to run windows apps on a linux machine but unless you really need to use linux i'd say why bother, just run Windows proper. Good luck!