What PS2 games would you like to see remade in HD/3D?

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
It's becoming a fast-growing trend amongst developers and it's clear to see that we're far from seeing the end of it. I am, of course, talking about the recent release of several last-generation classics updated to fit in with the high-definition crowd. Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell and God of War have all taken a trip to the proverbial videogame spa and recieved a high-definition facelift, but there are plenty of other classic games out there that are being left behind and ignored. What I want to know, PSU, is what PS2 games you'd like to recieve the HD/3D treatment?

You are limited to one choice. This choice can either be a stand-alone game or it can be part of a series. For example, you may choose Okami as a stand-alone game or you can choose the Kingdom Hearts series. The game/series you pick must be exclusive to PS2. When you choose your game, please give a clear, concise explanation as to why you would like to see that game remade in high-definition.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5630963]KH series UNLESS they redid the GTA series with an online mode. (Does timed exclusive count lol)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5630971]Dark Cloud 1 & 2 HD Collection. Would love that. >_>[/QUOTE]
Both excellent choices but any particular reason why you'd want them to be remade? Is it because you have fond memories of these games and would love to relive them or do you perhaps want another generation of gamers to be able to enjoy the same game as you did?

May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
Jak & Daxter collection

Reason? Because I loved the series. The gameplay was the best around, the visuals were amazing. The acting was great, the good characters were lovable and the bad characters were lovably evil. The story was fantastic (Especially starting With II ) and the whole package together with new trophies would be perfect for my Xmas stocking :)

Last edited:

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
It is essential you put a reason WHY you want them to be remade. The results from this thread may be used in a future article for PSU. We need reasons why, not just one word answers.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 5630981]Both excellent choices but any particular reason why you'd want them to be remade? Is it because you have fond memories of these games and would love to relive them or do you perhaps want another generation of gamers to be able to enjoy the same game as you did?[/QUOTE]

Honestly would just love to replay them

Agriel

Forum Sage
Mar 7, 2007
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5630998]All the good ones. Can people not use abbreviations I have no idea what KH is.[/QUOTE]
Kingdom Hearts

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Oh there are so many that can come to mind but one remake that I have been waiting patiently on is Onimusha 1-3. This was one of my favorite series of the previous generation. Games like this reminds me a time of when I was excited when Capcom was releasing a new game. Cannot say the same for them this gen. It has been so long since I have played these games that playing them again would be like playing it for the first time all over again.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5631007]Okami[/QUOTE]
Good choice, mate, this would probably be my pick too. I loved Okami when it first came out on PS2 but I just don't feel Clover Studio used the hardware to it's best potential. With the processing power of the Cell, I bet Okami HD would look gorgeous. Not only that but it'd give a new generation of gamers a chance to play it too.

S

Soldier 95B

None. I would like new games, not old games I already own and have played (and pay for them again).

[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5631031]None. I would like new games, not old games I already own and have played (and pay for them again).[/QUOTE]

Could've fooled me.

[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5425307]I will play Gears 3, Forza 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3 AND Halo CE around that time :)[/QUOTE]

http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/2...ing-on-November-15-2011?p=5425307#post5425307

That was a post from the Halo CE remake thread. I guess it depends on the game/series.

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5631086]Could've fooled me.[/QUOTE]

I could have, but I didn't!

That was a post from the Halo CE remake thread. I guess it depends on the game/series.
Yup, CE is an exception, as I never got to play that co-op, and I want the maps for my Halo Reach (which I never got to play). I am also getting God of War remakes, because I never played them.

But 99.9999999999999% of the time, I want new.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
The Warriors (haha) - I LOVE the movie and so when the game came out I was on it like white on rice.

Predator: Concrete Jungle - This was 110% a love letter to any predator fan. It had all the weapons, vision modes and tricks that you would expect, in a bad ass sandbox type game.

Okami - A timeless classic, really beautiful. I don't really know how much they could improve upon this one, as it has the whole cell shading graphics going on, but an HD version would be great, in 3D!

I also would of added MGS 2 and 3 and ZoE 1 and 2...but, ya know :D

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
My most wanted HD collection for PS2 games is coming out thankfully in Silent Hill 2 and 3. Can't wait to play those again.

Same with the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Great times will be had and with trophies it makes it all the better.

I'd really like to see a Grand Theft Auto HD collection. Jak and Daxter HD collection would be welcomed. Kingdom Hearts too.

There's so many great PS2 franchises that would be great to see in HD form with trophies.

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
Hmm, I recently started thinking about how awesome would be HD Remake of Deus Ex 1&2.
For one, they are indirect sequels to the latest Deus Ex, and they were quite good games (at least the first one, never played the second one).
People deserve to know how this awesome Franchise used to be back in the old days.

Though I doubt this will happen.

B

Basketball Is Life

I would love to see GTA SA re-made. It was my favourite PS2 game of all time. It would sell double the amount on PS3 if it was re-made.

Jun 4, 2007
Killzone & Killzone:Liberation

I still enjoy Killzone but my 60gig is wearing thin and I'm not buying a ps2 just to play it. Having all the bugs fixed and allowing people to experience some things that Guerilla should have kept in the series would be great. I never finished KZ:L. I'd like to be able to do that because I had fun for the levels I did play.

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
Kingdom Hearts and the Final Fantasy games...and I know it won't happen but the SMT games I'd love to see...SMT 3, DDS 1 and 2 on one collection and then a Persona Collection with P3:FES and P4.