What PS2 games would you like to see remade in HD/3D?

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
Some amazing titles being mentioned here, people, but remember, please try to keep it to one game/series and specify a reason why you'd want to see them remade. The best answers will be put foward in to an upcoming article.

Jan 26, 2010
I'm gonna have to go with Champions of Norrath and Champions Return to Arms. One of, if not the best and most addicting action rpgs I have played. The fact that you can import your character into the second game and then choose to be good or bad adds to the experience. Throw in the 4 player co-op and you have a winner. Easily my favorite Ps2 games next to Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars Battlefront.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Oh, this is easy FFX. This game is hands down one of the reasons you needed to own a ps2. The dialog was good imo and i dare say it was the best looking game on the ps2. The characters all made you like them thus you always wonder what's going to happen to one of them. I would love just to play this timeless game again. DO IT SQUARE.
Runner up.
War of the monsters with online!

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
People, I'm going to need better answers than 'Because it would be awesome...' if your choice has any chance of being entered into the article. I'm going to need at least fifty words on why you think the game you choose should be remade in HD/3D. Remember, your choice could be put into an upcoming PSU article with your input being available for all to see on the main page.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 5631626]People, I'm going to need better answers than 'Because it would be awesome...' if your choice has any chance of being entered into the article. I'm going to need at least fifty words on why you think the game you choose should be remade in HD/3D. Remember, your choice could be put into an upcoming PSU article with your input being available for all to see on the main page.[/QUOTE]

I have to interject here...

You need to be a little more appreciative of the data you are getting. You are throwing requirements on members to write 50% of your article for you?

Just treat these guys with a little more respect here, and ASK for things, not demand them. Saying "i'm going to NEED " does not make people want to post, it does the opposite if they can't swing an essay. Plus, several folks use tapatalk.. would you want to type out a paragraph or more on that?

All I am saying is, you are coming off pretty harsh when you are really asking them for a favor.

GTR1986

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
If it has to be exclusive to Playstation I would have to say Gran Turismo 4. The game was so in-depth and there was so much to do. It set the bar for racing games and there were plenty of tracks to race on. It also featured the Nurburgring in all its glory - brilliant game.

If it was non-exclusive I'd go for the Tony Hawks series (early ones 3, 4). Those games were good back in the day where you didn't need a skateboard to participate, slow-mo wasn't necessary and there was no 'cheap' spin off of the Skate control system.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 5631647]You need to be a little more appreciative of the data you are getting. You are throwing requirements on members to write 50% of your article for you?[/QUOTE]
You mention 50% but where exactly are you getting that from? I'm writing the article, and there will be a few select statements from members. Find me the part where I said "Hey guys, you're writing 50% of this article..." and I'll gladly apologise

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 5631647]All I am saying is, you are coming off pretty harsh when you are really asking them for a favor.[/QUOTE]
That's me, that's who I am, that's how I speak and sound in real-life. I always come across sounding harsher than I intended.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
How no one hasn't mentioned SOCOM II yet i'll never know !!! That game almost single Handedly Started Console online Gaming it really did it had a Good Solid campaign and it's Multi player component is still played today.

[video=youtube;GBNHAgfjDU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBNHAgfjDU8[/video]

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
I'd love a GTA Collection with 3, Vice City and San Andreas in it. This is because they were 3 of the best games last gen and I'd love to play them again in HD and with trophies. I'd also like a Ratchet & Clank HD Collection since I only played the first one on PS2. Oh, I'd like a Jak & Daxter HD COllection since I never played any of them before.

rene2kx

Dedicated Member
Jan 23, 2011
[QUOTE="Martijn_, post: 5631892]Haunting Ground!

one of the gems that didn't get the fame it deserved.[/QUOTE]You are so right about that. Haunting ground was an underrated hidden gem from capcom which not many people tried. The relationship between the girl and the german shepherd dog was alone the selling point for me. I very recently re-visited this game on ps2 it can even be played in pro scan (480p).
I'm glad atleast one person on a playstation board brought this game up!

Last edited:

Chulo

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2011
I would like to see a legacy of kain HD anthology :)

soul reaver - dreamcast
soul reaver 2 - ps2
blood omen 2 - ps2
defiance - ps2

all in that order :p

Nov 26, 2007
SSX 3 - Because it's lack of sense of speed was it's only flaw
Burnout Takedown - Because it was flawless
Def Jam Fight For New York - Because it is my favorite fighter ever
Downhill Domination - Because it was stupid fun
Black - Because it was the greatest FPS of last generation
Mark of Kri/Rise of the Kasai - Because Bottlerocket never got the recognition it deserved for this storyline

And some of the games already mentioned, The Zone of Enders games, GTA: San Andreas...

Last edited:

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
Onimusha series: because it'll look fantastic in HD
Xenosaga series: I had to import those & while they may of not been everyone's cupa tea, they was good & Episode III was fantastic

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2007
TimeSplitters 2 (and/or) TimeSplitters Future Perfect
The TimeSplitters series seems like a perfect candidate for an HD remake collection, or just an individual game from the series. TS2 was rather universally accepted to be one of the great offline multiplayer shooters of the previous generation. TS3 took its multiplayer online for the first time in the series and was fantastic, in my opinion. The fast-paced arcade multiplayer is loaded with humor and is such a great change of pace from all of the other FPS out there today, plus the mapmaker system would attract all of the creative players out there. The story modes in both games allow for co-op which would be a bonus over PSN.

If the recent rumors are true and it does turn out that a TimeSplitters 4 is currently in the works at Crytek UK, then what better way is there to gain interest in the series than to release an HD remake with the multiplayer playable over PSN?

EDIT: Oops, TS wasn't exclusive to PS2.

Last edited: