What will you remake in Dreams next?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
UPDATE:

Check out what Bearly Regal has been working on for several weeks...

Original post:

Milbox R said:
Finally finished the Crash puppet for the most part. The crash was mostly made by me, but the first level/map itself was made by Erdeppol, I just added Wumpa Fruits, the second snow level was made by R-Doman and i just added Wumpa Fruits again, the last level was a Dev level. And yes i did release it online so you can copy it and do whatever you like with it, I might add a few more stuff
This is pretty cool.

Here's a gameplay video by the same person featuring another iconic platformer mascot, Rayman:

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I'm curious to see what else people come up with. The first major update is coming in May.

The May update will include:
  • More tutorial and templates
  • New assets for creators to use
  • Raising the level cap past 100
  • Various Dreamiverse social abilities, such as blocking other users
Additionally, the studio told Game Informer it is aware of the desire for non-motion control support and is working on non-motion control alternatives, with mouse and keyboard controls being a possibility for the future. Currently, the game requires the use of the DualShock 4 or PlayStation Move controller’s sensors to control the on-screen cursor (known as an “Imp”).

“For us accessibility is really important and that includes accessibility for people who have difficulty using motion controls, so things like mouse and keyboard help with that,” senior designer Jon Beech said. “So yeah, anything can happen in regards to [accessibility]. For us it’s just a matter of prioritizing motion-free control that uses the PS4 and then later down the road we can look into possible mouse and keyboard support.”

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Just to add to my earlier post, Metal Gear Solid:

I think remakes will be a popular creative theme with Dreams.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Gran Turismo 7 looks... interesting. ;)

That's a MotorStorm level towards the end of the video (4:40). I love the visual style of this game too. Whatever you create looks like something you remember from a dream - some details might be missing but the overall picture is convincing enough.

@Lethal

Last edited: