What's your best value game on current gen?

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Just throwing this one out there, curious what the communities opinion is on the best value game so far on PS4, by that I don't mean the cheapest or best sale but what you have got the most time and enjoyment out of for the money.

I'll start by saying that mine is Driveclub, I paid £40 for it (£20 for the PS plus edition full game and £20 for the season pass) and, as a conservative estimate I reckon I've put 250 hours into this game, SP and MP. So for me that makes 16p / hr for the entertainment. Could have gone for a few beers and a curry for that money but it would only last a few hours (unless you're a really slow drinker).

So my esteeemed forum brethren / fellow JMC Red Dwarf crew members, what's your best value PS4 title?

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
Had hours and hours of fun with Don't Starve and that was a PS Plus game so didn't cost me much at all. Just bought Disgaea 5 also and that has tons of playability so I imagine i'll be sinking many hours into that too.

Bloodborne has given me some of the best value for money this year, both SP and MP. Sheer quality in that title.

Destiny Legendary Edition (original game with all current expansions, including The Taken King). Paid €58. Worth every single penny. Really enjoying it!

And of course Bloodborne. Paid full price (€65). Played it for 56 hours so far. Definitely far from done with this game!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
What old Rimsy Wimsy my bestest ever pal.......

The Witcher 3 I would say, has tonnes of content for the price, if you where to take your time to complete every single mission and side quest it would take ages, not to mention all the free DLC it had before it's paid expansion!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="ArnoldRimmer, post: 6483259]Good god Duffers you're like a Red dwarf quoting stalker you rectum-faced pygmy! :D[/QUOTE]

I don't get to quote it with anyone else lol, I shall stop if you want me to?

On topic, I would also say MGS 5 has been a great value game too, plenty of ways to replay missions and now the online part of the game is live there are even more ways to play!

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6483261]I don't get to quote it with anyone else lol, I shall stop if you want me to?[/QUOTE]

Fill your boots mate, it may confuse the Americans though (don't know if they have RD over there or not? Can any transatlantic cousins confirm?)

Now.....stop derailing my magnificent thread you ugly goit!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Tough one to call for me but I have the stats to hand for Battlefield 4 which is 222 hours so I'll go for that.

Followed by Driveclub and GTA V. Then again, The Crew could possibly 3rd (got that for free and logged over 200 hours too).

Battlefield 4
Driveclub
GTA V / The Crew.

BF4 takes the crown for all though:
- Best price paid (free in my PS4 bundle)
- Premium DLC for my birthday
- Longest played
- Most enjoyment, especially when in a squad with people working well together and them 'Battlefield moments' + the DLC maps/extras have been ace
- Server browser/filters for finding the specific game meeting your criteria
- The list could go on...

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6483273]The Binding of Isaac, the wife and I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing it.[/QUOTE] I read that as your wife being the best value. :snicker

Witcher 3 for me, then Bloodborne.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
PS+ for ps3 era beats all :lol:

If this not count,
Last of Us, I still play the MP, there are awesome matches if the teams are not noob, call of duty wannabes.
Skyrim, I don't know how many hours I spend for this game, probably tried every build, I am sure there are some caves I didn't enter but still an amazing world&story.
Driveclub, My only racing game that I paid, and my only Season pass, totally worth it tho.
Bloodborne, the only game I feel I need a budy, the satisfaction for killing is best in this game.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I spent $30 on Unity and have played it a good amount. Spent $40 on GTA:V and played it a lot. I think the most played has been FIFA15 though, which I bought at full price.

Fallout 4 will definitely take the cake, though. Spending under $20 on it and it'll likely be my most played game this gen within 3-4 months after release.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Scheller, post: 6483344]Fallout 4 ...Spending under $20 on it...[/QUOTE]
How can you manage that? Surely it's gonna cost more than $20 when it's released?

Completely forgot Skyrim as well. Played it for about 400 hours on PS3 and 50 on PC. Shame I lost all of my PS3 save files when I used its HDD in my laptop as a temporary solution (laptop's HDD broke) and forgot to back it up. I hated myself so bad when I found out. I did actually have a backup of my Skyrim save on a USB stick, but it somehow ended up corrupted.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Major, post: 6483345]How can you manage that? Surely it's gonna cost more than $20 when it's released?[/QUOTE]

From past 20 on the 20 contests here as well as money in PSN wallet from previous $10 PSN codes that Sony occasionally sent out.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Far Cry 4 (don't recommend it)
AC4: Black Flag (only cause of the sea faring aspect)
Don't Starve
The Binging of Isaac
Minecraft
The Last of Us

Edit: Rocket League, of course.

Those are the ones I have played enough to warrant good value.

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Hmm... Forgot about AC Black Flag. Got that for PS3 when it was on sale and at the time you could upgrade it to the PS4 version so I got that pretty cheap and logged a huge amount of hours! Once my Jackdaw was fully upgraded it was unstoppable!!

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Hands down MGS5. PS4 has been very boring for me, and I've only liked a few games so far. The last of us is a favorite game, but MGS5 is getting a lot more play time.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Scheller, post: 6483355]From past 20 on the 20 contests here as well as money in PSN wallet from previous $10 PSN codes that Sony occasionally sent out.[/QUOTE]
Nice, sounds like a bargain then :) gonna be a great game I'm sure.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I think I put the most hours in to MGS5. I put in around 160 hours.

2nd would probably be The Witcher 3.

I'm not in the same boat as you early adopters, and there doesn't seem to be many sports game fans around here, but I got The Show as part of a Gamestop bundle, and it's absolutely awesome. Whether you want to say it was $30, or $15 dollars for me, it doesn't really matter. I've already sunk so much time into that thing it's kind of embarrassing. I also bought Wolfenstein: The New Order last week used, for less than $20...and I gotta tell ya, that game is absolutely cool. I can see me playing it, to some degree, for quite some time. Online first person shooter antics hold a limited appeal for me, and the single player for this game is fantastic!

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Dr. Doofenshmirtz, post: 6483744]I'm not in the same boat as you early adopters, and there doesn't seem to be many sports game fans around here, but I got The Show as part of a Gamestop bundle, and it's absolutely awesome. Whether you want to say it was $30, or $15 dollars for me, it doesn't really matter. I've already sunk so much time into that thing it's kind of embarrassing. I also bought Wolfenstein: The New Order last week used, for less than $20...and I gotta tell ya, that game is absolutely cool. I can see me playing it, to some degree, for quite some time. Online first person shooter antics hold a limited appeal for me, and the single player for this game is fantastic![/QUOTE]

I get the Show every year. RTTS is like a drug for me. The Show IMO is the best sports sim out there.