Whats your favorite band????

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
^^^ whats your favorite band?

My favorite is Slipknot, thats my top favorite. But i like many others 8) 8) 8)

EDIT: also favorite song. Slipknot-Before I forget

Mr. Solanky

Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2005
www.freewebs.com
I think there is a thread similar to this, but it's title is: "what song are you listening to right now?"

But my favorite band is System of a Down

runner ups:

+Rage Against the Machine
+N.W.A.
+The Black Mages
+Asian Kung Fu Generation

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
Ya, but this thread is different. Some of my favorites:

*Pantera
*Black Sabbath
*AC/DC
*Metallica
*Slayer
*Black Label Society
*Nirvana
*Judas Priest
*Iron Maiden

Sypherssj209

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
My favs are

*Metallica (obviously)
*Pink Floyd
*Lynyrd Skynyrd
*Van Halen
*Pantera (RIP Dimbag)
*Dire Straits
*The Eagles
*Queen
*Deep Purple
*Motorhead
*Limp Bizkit
*Godsmack (probably one of the best new bands)
*3 Doors Down
*Creed

And I dont think its all that different warhawk, also there have been "Fav band" topics before..

c.a.p

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2005
Here are some of mine (no particular order)

Aerosmith
Limp Bizkit
AC/DC
Three Doors Down
Creed
Disturbed
Godsmack
Motörhead
And there's more, I'm just am too lazy to list them all.

PS Gamer

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2005
www.ps3land.com
All the oldies, that are still good today:

Guns N' Roses
Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Metallica
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Led Zepplin
Deep Purple
Queen
Slash's Snakepit
Velvet Revolver (Just because it has 3 ex-guns n roses members)
KISS
Jimi Hendrix
Billy Idol
Sammy Haggar
The Doors
The Stones (Rolling Stones)
Tom Petty
Styx
ZZ Top
Meat Loaf

I mean there are so many great bands from my generation.

Nov 27, 2005
The Bled
Everytime I Die
The Receiving End of Sirens
Underoath
Boys Night out
Fordirelifesake
Thrice
Sparta
Explosions in the sky
The Toadies
Deftones
Clutch
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Bloc Party
The Roots
Snot

If anyone ever wants to get schooled on real music, let me know.

surtur

Super Elite
Oct 5, 2005
Ok i could be here for a while
in no particular order (i dont have a single Fav)
At the Gates
Pantera
Slayer
Megadeth
Opeth
Children Of Bodom
Kalmah
Hate Eternal
Decapitated
Cryptopsy
Death
BloodBath
Grave
Iced Earth
Into Eternity
Ozzy
Black Label Society
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Dying Fetus
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
ok i should stop before this gets to big and no one wants to read it lol
Anyone who like Metal i know lots of killer bands and if you want to know some to check out i can give you some names just let me know what type of metal
Oh and December Spade I would love to get schooled ahah i am a musican and know music and talent so please do ... i would enjoy a lesson. just mess'n with you

Edit: i like PS gamer's list of the oldies also good list man and some great tunes from those guys...

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
I'm a massive music fan and have a fairly diverse taste in music. Here's a list of my favourite bands/artists:

Bjork
Ludovico Einaudi
Radiohead
Muse
The Raveonettes
Leaves
Suede
Queen
Warren Suicide
Interpol
The Smiths
Mansun
The Secret Machines
White Rose Movement
M.I.A
The Dears
The Verve
Massive Attack (Blue Lines/Protection/Mezzanine era - not the horrible new stuff)
Charlotte Hatherley (Ash bassist)
The Prodigy
Timbaland
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Peaches (filthy, but good - in moderation)
Garbage (quite possibly the only decent thing to have come out of Scotland, ever)
David Bowie
Fischerspooner (the campest band, ever - they make brilliant videos though)
Alec Empire/ATR

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
December Spade said:
The Bled
Everytime I Die
Underoath
Boys Night out
Fordirelifesake
Thrice
Sparta
Explosions in the sky
The Toadies
Deftones
Clutch
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Bloc Party
The Roots
Snot

I...I love you. lol Seriously I'm speachless.

The Bled. Deftones. Everytime I Die. Boys Night Out. The Receiving End Of Sirens. THRICE!! (Probably my favorite band this week). Underoath.

So many good ones.. Oh geez.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
NIN

Ashes Fall

Static X

Pantera

Deftones

BloodHound Gang

Weezer

Paul Oakenfold

Chopin

Stravinsky

Bach

Ella Fitzgerald

Etta James

God, I have eclectic taste :D

Doh! Can't forget Ozzy!!

PS Gamer

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2005
www.ps3land.com
December Spade said:
The Bled
Everytime I Die
Underoath
Boys Night out
Fordirelifesake
Thrice
Sparta
Explosions in the sky
The Toadies
Deftones
Clutch
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Bloc Party
The Roots
Snot

No offense what-so-ever, but the oldies are a ton load better then the new bands today. You don't see any good guitarist such as the guitar gods a.k.a Slash (Ex-Guns N Roses, Now Velvet Revolver) Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen. You just don't see the effort that these guy put into learning how to play the guitar.

Even to this day, I wish one day that Guns N Roses get back together. All there members are currently alive and well (Slash, Axl, Duff, Alder, and Dizzy) althought Axl being a moron, wants to change guns n roses to make it more techno. He'll be crying when the album fails, and then go crawling back to Slash. How can axl do this you wonder? He bought the Guns N Roses name legally, which is a ton of bull.

Guns N Roses, has been quoted to be one of the best rock bands ever.

ALSO, I can't believe I forgot Megadeth!! Whats the world coming to...

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
Easy: Manowar.

A lot of others like it:
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Motörhead
Dio
Sonata Arctica
Accept
Yngwie Malmsteen

A lot of Oldies as PS Gamer said
Kiss
The Doors
etc.
But I'll add: Deep Purple
Black Sabbath

Some more extreme bands like Sweden's At the Gates, Dissection and Hypocrisy, and our own (Belgian) Ancient Rites and Enthroned.

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
PS Gamer said:
No offense what-so-ever, but the oldies are a ton load better then the new bands today. You don't see any good guitarist such as the guitar gods a.k.a Slash (Ex-Guns N Roses, Now Velvet Revolver) Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen. You just don't see the effort that these guy put into learning how to play the guitar.

Even to this day, I wish one day that Guns N Roses get back together. All there members are currently alive and well (Slash, Axl, Duff, Alder, and Dizzy) althought Axl being a moron, wants to change guns n roses to make it more techno. He'll be crying when the album fails, and then go crawling back to Slash. How can axl do this you wonder? He bought the Guns N Roses name legally, which is a ton of bull.

Yeah okay this is "Whats your favorite band" thread, not give people a speech about how older music is better than newer music. For someone that supposedly works for Sony you sure have a lot of time on your hands to complain about that...

Not like you see me on here saying "Well new Greenday sucks if you like it your an idiot. Older Greenday was better. (I mean, it's true older greenday is a lot better, but I'm not going to give someone a speech about it.)

PS Gamer

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2005
www.ps3land.com
DeputyDon said:
PS Gamer said:

Yeah okay this is "Whats your favorite band" thread, not give people a speech about how older music is better than newer music. For someone that supposedly works for Sony you sure have a lot of time on your hands to complain about that...

Not like you see me on here saying "Well new Greenday sucks if you like it your an idiot. Older Greenday was better. (I mean, it's true older greenday is a lot better, but I'm not going to give someone a speech about it.)
You must have not read what the other guy wrote:

December Spade said:
Leaving me to have another opinion. And like I said, there was no offense what-so-ever.

And what does me working with sony have anything to do with this?

AND have you ever heard of getting off for the holidays?

Nov 27, 2005
PS Gamer:

In response to your talk about guitar players, lack of talent, new bands, etc. I am sad for you, and the fact that you cannot broaden your horizons, and take a concerted effort in finding good music. Do I like 80s bands? Absolutely. I'm 22 and have 2 older brothers, my whole childhood was Poison, Ratt, the Crue, etc. The problem with those bands is that there is a COMPLETE lack of substance.

Your talk about Guns n' Roses is pretty silly. A great rock band? - Yes. They only had 1 killer album. And it was basically the same song. You sound... uneducated and immature. I sincerely mean that in the nicest way possible. Your jibba-jabba about Axl, and how he owns the name and all that crap. You're just slinging out opinions, trying to make them fact when all you're doing is making yourself look kinda silly.

Most of my favorite bands, are my favorites due to powerful lyrics. And more importantly, their music is far superior than power chords and drum solos. In my personal opinion, it is infinitely more difficult to make blastbeats, distortion, offbeat time signatures, and non-rhyming lyrics come together, and make a great sounding song. Those bands I listed are, for most people, types that you need to train your ear for. I'm not a music snob, and my ending line wasn't meant as a jab to people with different opinions. I just really enjoy opening peoples ears, and letting them see that there is a vast, VAST world of incredible music... you just have to know where to look.

Up until about 5 years ago I was into totally radio, junk, CRAP rock. Then I got a job a record store, started exposing myself to new things, talking with people, going to see more 'real' shows. Do I still ike all the old crap I liked, haha, of course. I just know that it's junk. I have far more respect for real music, real passion, innovative sound, and fearlessness. I enjoy music that isn't... manufactured.

It's a very rewarding experience when you realize what music should be.

Don't forget man, you own those albums. Nobody can ever take them from you, and you can always love your bands, and all the memories that come along with them.

...Why not get to know more?

PS Gamer

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2005
www.ps3land.com
I never said any of my opinions were facts, I was just stating on how I like those bands a lot more then today's newer music.

I do listen to todays newer music:

System of a down
Rise Against
Cradle of Filth
ect.

but then again, I will still take my favorite band of all time guns n roses over any of them (Once again, my opinion.)

I personally, really can't understand the "screamo" bands. Thats mainly because they are sort of new and upcoming, even though there are some that are good. It really depends on what your personal preference is.

Oh and the whole Axl wanting to change GNR to techno and axl owning the name is actully all true. If you want to you can read some of these here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses

Pink

Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2005
The Beatles
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Alexisonfire
Blink 182
Radiohead
Foo Fighters
The Postal Service
Bob Marley
Motion City Soundtrack
Modest Mouse
The Arcade Fire
Greenday

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
I agree, i hate those bands that scream the whole song, and then you look at the lyrics and they are crap. Its all about the real metal rock. Nobody will ever forget going to Kmart and buying Live after Death, putting the cassette on a walkman, and listening to it over and over again.

Nov 27, 2005
War Hawk said:
I agree, i hate those bands that scream the whole song, and then you look at the lyrics and they are crap.
It's tough not to raise the volume of your voice, when purging your body of your emotions. Feeling someones voice, coming from the bottom of their belly, poured out into the speakers, all the while in words you could only ENVY being able to conjure... that's music.

Singing about bangin' chicks, Los Angeles, warlocks, wizards and demons, indians running to the hills, doing drugs, etc. That's junk. That's 80s empty, souless money making rock, manufactured rock. Do I enjoy a lot of 80s stuff - without question. Not because it's music, because it's entertainment.

Never confuse the 2. There is a line.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
December Spade said:
War Hawk said:
I agree, i hate those bands that scream the whole song, and then you look at the lyrics and they are crap.
It's tough not to raise the volume of your voice, when purging your body of your emotions. Feeling someones voice, coming from the bottom of their belly, poured out into the speakers, all the while in words you could only ENVY being able to conjure... that's music.

Singing about bangin' chicks, Los Angeles, warlocks, wizards and demons, indians running to the hills, doing drugs, etc. That's junk. That's 80s empty, souless money making rock, manufactured rock. Do I enjoy a lot of 80s stuff - without question. Not because it's music, because it's entertainment.

Never confuse the 2. There is a line.
I respect your opinion brother, in my eyes Iron Maiden is the best band ever, but its my opinion. And in my opinion the 80s was the best decade for real music.

Run to the Hills is awsome....

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
I do feel the love!!! who else? we all have different taste, but thats what makes music so unique and powerful.I would say i like any song, as long as it has strong lyrics and a powerful guitar. LOL :lol: