Where is the marketing for the Vita?

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Its out in 2 weeks and the only commercials i have seen for it are those Taco Bell ones.
Most people i talk to had no idea it was even coming out this month.
Sony really needs to get on the ball with this.

Zswordsman

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2007
Tacoma
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 5766253]Its out in 2 weeks and the only commercials i have seen for it are those Taco Bell ones.
Sony really needs to get on the ball with this.[/QUOTE]
hell yeah, i thought it was coming out next week but it comes out the 22nd :( lol
i saw the taco bell commercial ONCE, sony really needs to pump out advertisements.

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
I haven't seen one commercial honestly. Hell I wouldn't have known it existed if I wasn't for this site lol.

Banned from my iTouch using Tapatalk

Epyon_1

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2008
On The Rooftops with Faith
I've only seen the Taco Bell commercials. They had the Vita on ESPN on some shows where they had it advertised. Other than that, I think Sony's marketing/advertising is a joke. So many great games and they either dont advertise them or do some dumb commercial.

May 5, 2011
USA
I agree, the Taco Bell commercial is okay, but they need a commercial that focuses more on the PS Vita and what it offers. Maybe we'll see one closer to Feb. 22.

tbx59

Apprentice
Jun 4, 2010
[QUOTE="Epyon_1, post: 5766318]I've only seen the Taco Bell commercials. They had the Vita on ESPN on some shows where they had it advertised. Other than that, I think Sony's marketing/advertising is a joke. So many great games and they either dont advertise them or do some dumb commercial.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the only thing I've seen is college bball saturday the logo was on the desk.

Epyon_1

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2008
On The Rooftops with Faith
[QUOTE="tbx59, post: 5766515]Yea, the only thing I've seen is college bball saturday the logo was on the desk.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also saw it on SportsNation when they were at CES (i think). the vita was displayed on the desk as the show was on and they were giving it away

Nov 23, 2005
Associated press. Breaking news: In order to learn to make their future visits on earth more discreet, aliens from unknown regions of the universe have abducted the Sony Vita marketing team. With this abduction they hope to learn to be a "no show" on different medias across the world when they land on Feb 15 and Feb 22 respectively!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.117104,-73.983199

Last edited:

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 5766253]Its out in 2 weeks and the only commercials i have seen for it are those Taco Bell ones.
Sony really needs to get on the ball with this.[/QUOTE]

I work at a local Walmart and I have told so many people I've even compiled all the official ps vita trailers together and been showing it off I think it's helping but for the company to not be advertising it it's insane

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
There are no commercials / ads or even billboards here in germany.
Not even Gamestop has a booth or anything.

Tbh i think the sales will look like in japan.
Alot of sales in the first week(s) (from all the Playstation fans and gamers that actually know about the VITA) and then a massive drop.
I almost feel sorry for repeating what alot of people have said lately but how could it be any other way?
People don't even know this thing exists, how could i expect them to buy it?

Last edited:

Inzane2050

Super Elite
Jun 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5767255]There are no commercials / ads or even billboards here in germany.
Not even Gamestop has a booth or anything.

Tbh i think the sales will look like in japan.
Alot of sales in the first week(s) (from all the Playstation fans and gamers that actually know about the VITA) and then a massive drop.
I almost feel sorry for repeating what alot of people have said lately but how could it be any other way?
People don't even know this thing exists, how could i expect them to buy it?[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Without commercials, only the big Sony fans or hardcore gamers are going to have any knowledge of the PS Vita's existence. And thus a repeat of what happened in Japan. It kind of has me pissed knowing Sony refuses to release a commercial. It's pure insanity! :(

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2005
I have a feeling SONY will pull out a desperate campaign last minute banking on revenues from the first edition buyers and "second" week pre-order sales. It's a big risk that COULD potentially work. I still say the sales killer is the mandatory memory card for some games. SONY will eventually have to make all games capable of saving on it's own media. Can the board of directors and investors be that hard to convince they need some serious marketing in order to drive sales? Or are they still stuck with the Kutaragi "it could be a brick, if it says SONY on it, it will sell" mentality?!?!?!?

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
From PS blog post
+ dragonmagician on February 10th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

Never. Stop. Playing. Is that the Vita slogin?

Does this mean we will see ads for it soon? It seems there is no hype of the Vita outside of the hardcore PlayStation fans. Luckily, I am one of those fans, so I’m just counting down the days.

+ Rey Gutierrez on February 11th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

Yes. Expect to see Never Stop Playing, everywhere and anywhere you go, very very soon. We’re very proud of the massive media blitz we’re about to unleash.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/10/welcome-to-playstation-vita/#comment-687273

Got something planned, at least

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I had no idea Vita was launching soon and I'm an administrator on a PlayStation site. lol

I see they have something planned though...

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
For a device costing 250-300 (+ games, accessories), they really should've begun at least SOME kind of marketing 2-3 months ago. Like, have it featured in every talk show from US to Zimbabwe. That way people would have at least a fleeting image that there's this cool looking device coming in the near future.