Which PS3 game(s) are going to be extremely rare in a few years?

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
I saw a similar topic to this at NeoGAF and I thought I'd post the same one here to see what games we think will be very hard to find and once found, will be at a steep price.

My list for now:

Ni no Kuni
Tales of Xillia
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Lair

That's my list for now. I'll edit this post after a week or two with the top 5 voted games.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
I have a sealed copy of Ni No Kuni, expecting it to be rare. I also agree on Folklore
Something tells me that Demon's Souls might find its way on the rare list.
Valkyria Chronicles and 3d Dot Game Heros as well.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6174962]3D Dot Game Heroes because I can't even find it now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Atlus games in general get short runs and tend to become extremely rare later on. And now with them having the problems they are having....they will either be scooped up by someone else or gone for good. You best believe the rarity of their games will skyrocket if they are gone for good.

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6174962]3D Dot Game Heroes because I can't even find it now.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has it in stock and is only $16.19

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Rainbow Six Vegas. All the hype surrounding it. GFX were fucking shit, like something you see on previous gen. But the online was so fun! And the face mapping was quite ahead of its time. It was nice to have your face in the game, even though you looked stupid lol. That's my first PS3 game, btw.

Jul 21, 2010
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 6174953]I agree with Ni No Kuni. I don't know any games in which not a lot of copies were produced this gen.[/QUOTE]
Bleach Soul Resurreccion. I could not find a copy to save my life

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
[QUOTE="KillingSpree0, post: 6175381]Bleach Soul Resurreccion. I could not find a copy to save my life[/QUOTE]

Peculiar then that I found copies for sale within 20 seconds of reading your post.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 21, 2010
I'm talking about in a store, with internet you can still find the Odyssey.....

Edit-I'm sure Aaron meant the same as me about finding it withing a store

Last edited:

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
[QUOTE="KillingSpree0, post: 6175409]I'm talking about in a store, with internet you can still find the Odyssey.....

[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I just assumed that when you said " I could not find a copy to save my life" that you actually went hard trying to find a copy of the game. How am I suppose to know that you put limitations on your search?

Time and eternity will be rare eventually

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Pretty much most of Atlus'/NISA's catalog, and almost anything by the smaller Japanese studios (Gust, Idea Factory, etc.) are already pretty rare. (Gust, for instance, seems to just barely print more games then they have preorders for. Though even buying "rare" games isnt safe now, they may remake it 3 years later..)

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 6175462]
And Valkyria Chronicles. It kinda is now anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Glad I bought it then

[QUOTE="KillingSpree0, post: 6175452]Because it was obvious[/QUOTE]

If u say so

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
Actually finding the games I don't think will be too hard. With Gaikai they may not even be too expensive. I have a copy of Africa and I haven't seen to many of those in any stores.

May 2, 2014
folklore definatly its such a criminaly overlooked classic its a shame it sold as poor as it did but yeah it is gonna become quite a pain to find soon so get it while its still farley cheap

atelier games are probebly gonna be pricey aswell over time (hell meruru is getting that way already i had to get my copy off ebay)

katamari forever will probebly become rare over time most katamari games other than the first one do anyway especilly in europe

lair again poorly sold games usualy get hard to find

hyperdemensio series i may hate the games with a burning passion but theres no denying these are gonna become collectors items i mean it bound to happen considering how ott the games are

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6175462]Ni No Kuni.

And Valkyria Chronicles. It kinda is now anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

I was going to say Ni No Kuni as well, I think a lot of people will forget about that game

Jul 30, 2014
Final Fantasy VII, black label. Chrono Trigger, boxed and sealed. The gold Nintendo World Championship cartridges. Each console generation has brought us a slew of highly collectible, really hard to find games. Some are deluxe editions of prominent titles, other are games you may not even have heard of, much less remember they existed.

The following is 15 of the top ticket items for the PlayStation 3. Throughout its seven-year tenure, these games have become the hardest to get our hands on. If you bought them when they released, good on you, but we hope you took care of them.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
[QUOTE="giovannamcmullin416, post: 6365314]Chrono Trigger, boxed and sealed.[/QUOTE]

I don't have it sealed but I have the US import with the cartridge, map, box and everything in mint condition, same with FF6 cartridge. I even have Zelda 1 + 2 gold cartridge release. :D

Faselei! is my favourite rare title though which is from the NeoGeo Pocket. :)

Anyway reiterating Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore, those two titles were almost immediately impossible to find after a month they were released. Having said that though you can easily pick up Valkyria Chronicles on eBay for pretty cheap and I think some places like Play and Amazon have a limited stock remaining. Folklore on the other hand is literally impossible to find except for eBay now - going for cheap though.