Which Would U Perfer?

Nov 28, 2006
well i have a question right now its the hardest decession so ima need some help from yall as well I WANT TO KNOW AT THIS POINT IF U HAD NO GAMESYSTEM WHICH WOULD U WANT PS3 OR 360 ????? im basically asking this question cause i played both system and both have thier good games and both have thier bad games so just help me out a bit so i can see what system yall would get and maybe i can see what i want also thanks
OH YEAH THIER IS NO NEED TO COMPARE THE SYSTEMS TO ME JUST POST WICH ONE U WOULD GET PLEASE

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
PS3. I mean, I couldn't play any games I care about on it, now, but I could run Linux on it, have a Cell to play with, and eventually get some decent RPGs.

Nov 16, 2006
[QUOTE="sonicflood2420, post: 0]well if you like resistance well then get the ps3 and if you dont get 360 due to the fact that its the only game out for ps3 thats good[/QUOTE]
exactly... but I actually didn't like Resistance at first but now its grown on me. Great game but I think I'm still leaning towards Gears... As for the question in the thread I'd say 360 and maybe a PS3 next winter when all the great games come out. But I already have both.

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
If you're talking about right now...360...hands down.

Six months from now my answer could change, but as it stands right now, if someone said I had to get rid of two consoles and could only keep 1, I'd keep my 360.

Leviticus

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
I say get a ps3 not because I have one.
The reason why I said pick the the ps3. Is because I think that most (not all) 360 fans have no repect for others and gaming world. However; THIS IS MY OPIONION.

S

SharkBait1980

360. Definetely. The games are excellent, great graphics, fantastic multiplayer & Xbox Live is very well planned & executed. Multiplayer on CoD3 is WICKED!!

I forgot to mention, Worms is coming out on XBLA soon. Need I say more??

PLease do not double post. - Keesie

B

babaostyle2

You would make your decision based on a bunch of anonymous responses that aren't even allowed to explain why? i assume you are retarded or joking. either way- you are a moron. 360 all the way!

N

narutoboy

Playstation 3 of course. 360 can't touch Playstation 3 in any aspect, so yea, that's an obvious choice. Choosing 360 over PS3 is like choosing a four-eyed pimpled faced pre-teen girl over a hot woman (only when choosing one over the other).

I think both are good consoles though :D

LittleB69

Elite Member
Jun 9, 2006
I would pick a PS3 since 360 took one year to bring out one decent game and PS3 had one at launch.. on the other hand if you like gaming you should buy a good PC insted :)

Oct 11, 2006
Well, a lot of that depends on other factors… Genre of games you play (a lot of that normally has age factored in). Also, a lot of the benefit of these systems depends on your entertainment center. You’re not going to note much of a difference between the 360 and PS3 graphics if you only have a 1080i HDTV (for cross platform games) but if you own a 1080p you’ll be pleasantly surprised on the graphics comparison (don’t listen to the graphic reviews ps3 vs. 360, they “gimp” the PS3 down to the 360 level… and admit it!!)

but biggest I feel between PS3 and 360 is, what other systems you have.

Personally, I wasted my money on the 360… only because I’m also a hardcore PC gamer; I have 2 rigs that blow away the PS3 and 360 combined. 1080i/1080p who cares, with a SLI rig and UXGA screen, that would be 1200p! (1600x1200*or 1920x1200 wide)

I love some Doom3, Quake, and im a 3 ½ year Final Fantasy XI fan, all xbox / pc exclusives, but they look MUCH better on the PC and I rarely play them on the 360…

PS3 is great and all, but it has not proven its self yet… remember the PSP, this thing was going to put Nintendo out of business, well….

Regardless, you are taking a gamble on either system. Sony has a lot of ?’s out there right now. The xbox has never been a HUGE seller out side of the US… I’d hate anyone to tell you to get one, and it turn out to be the next dreamcast…

mone

Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2006
It comes done to personal preference. I wouldn't touch a x360, because it continue to fail to interest me in the type of games I want to play. The PS3 and Wii are differnt. I could choose one over the other in that selection. Still, I'm not ready to choose atm, because both of them have uncertainties about them a this point in time. But if you asked me what console, I'm leaning towards, it would be the wii, but only slightly.

Scarl

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2006
Belleville, ON
Buy a PS3, and if you really want to play Gears you can probably find a friend with it. That's what I did. ;)

The PS3 has amazing exclusive games coming out, and if it is your first console (as it is mine) then you have thousands of PS2 games to pick from as well! Graphically they are not the same, but there is a *lot* of fantastic gameplay for low prices there. I know they are "last gen" and that a PS2 is much cheaper than a PS3 (I guess that is why it still sells like crazy) but the PS3 will give you that plus Blu-ray movies plus all the great next-gen games while also giving you access to thousands of inexpensive PS2 games!

mun_316

Apprentice
Dec 16, 2006
You can't go wrong with either system. But I would go with the PS3. It has a lot of potential. The games are only going to get better.

Jul 23, 2006
Im a Sony supporter but at da moment i only have a 360. I got it to hold me over till i get my PS3. Da 360 is great in its own right tho, so I could recommend either one. But in the long run i think u should get the PS3 if u are able to, dats what im waiting to do

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
You are asking for preference when comparing a brand new system, to one with a years worth of games under it already.

I am and always will be a strong supporter of Sony. Thus, I will always buy Sony. But for a person that doesnt place his/her support into any one specific franchise, then I'd say at the moment, go for the 360.

Your question is regarding a "right now decision", so I'll give you a "right now answer". 360 has more playable titles for you to benefit from. Over not only ps3, but wii too.

6months from now though, things completely change. And the 360 will be doing a 180 so to speak in terms of progress and competition to the ps3.

P

phranctoast

get the ps3, and play ps2 and ps1 games on it until somehting appears for the ps3 thats really good.

tmendick

Apprentice
Jul 26, 2006
I wouldnt base getting 360 on Gears, because the actual campaign takes like 2 hours, it looks cool, but resistance has gears beat in gameplay, unless you really like to just run from cover to cover. The online aspects of both are fun, im not a big online person though The only thing i liked about Gears was sneaking up and chainsawing people.
That being said, save your money get a PS3 and enjoy.

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="narutoboy, post: 0]Playstation 3 of course. 360 can't touch Playstation 3 in any aspect, so yea, that's an obvious choice. Choosing 360 over PS3 is like choosing a four-eyed pimpled faced pre-teen girl over a hot woman (only when choosing one over the other).

I think both are good consoles though :D[/quote]

Going with that analogy...(Bear with me fellas, and no disrespect to any ladies ;)) Here is how the PS3 and 360 compare with each other right now.

The PS3 is of course the hot looking chick that everyone wants to take home. She is sleek, she is sexy, and god damned does she promise you a hot evening of torrid sex.

But after the sex, you go to look for me...maybe some conversation to change the mood(more arcade titles to download, or demos), or heck maybe you even want to change things up with a new position(new games). Nothing there. Just the same blank vacant super model stare as you slowly realize that looks aren't everything, you need the total package ;) Sure she's in college, and learning new tricks, and soon...maybe in three to six months, you'll actually be able to sit down and have a conversation with her, instead of the same old same old(Resistance).

The 360 is the girl you want to bring home to mom, the one you'll end up marrying after you realize that the sex while good,(tons of retail titles) is also enhanced with a well rounded personality(hundreds of demos, trailers, movies, arcade titles, unified friends list with in game matchmaking, unified voice chat, easy to navigate menus via the blade interface, and she won't force you to pay an extra 200 for a boob job you don't want(blu-ray player).
Sure she might not be the best looking gal at the dance, but you won't grow bored with her after five weeks, and start looking for other ways to entertain yourself during the cold winter nights.

So there you go ;)

noble

Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="LittleB69, post: 0]I would pick a PS3 since 360 took one year to bring out one decent game and PS3 had one at launch.. on the other hand if you like gaming you should buy a good PC insted :)[/quote]

Hmmmm....Since you're obviously talking about Gears I'll leave that out.

So Oblivion, Fight Night Round 3, Tomb Raider Legend, Condemned, Dead Rising, Saint's Row, F.E.A.R., Lego Star Wars 2, Burnout Revenge, Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon A. W., Splinter Cell Double Agent, Call of Duty 2, and Project Gotham Racing 3 werent' good games at all?

So why is sony bothering to port half of those to the PS3 then? ;)

Oct 11, 2006
So Oblivion, Fight Night Round 3, Tomb Raider Legend, Condemned, Dead Rising, Saint's Row, F.E.A.R., Lego Star Wars 2, Burnout Revenge, Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon A. W., Splinter Cell Double Agent, Call of Duty 2, and Project Gotham Racing 3 werent' good games at all?
none of those are 360 only... oblivion and F.E.A.R play much better on the PC for example....

gears is the first 360 only "must have" (for tennie boppers)

CURVE

Apprentice
Nov 9, 2006
www.xboxliveaddicts.com
[QUOTE="ogt462, post: 0]your in a ps3 message board...what system do you think people are going to tell you to get? man, these threads are dumb[/quote]

don't be such a prick..people like you make this forum a pain in the arse..

as far as what you should buy...ask yourself this, what games do you want to play the most RIGHT now.. for me it was 360 games, BUT i will be getting a PS3 when GT5 and or Moto GP come out...