White Knight Chronicles 2 - First screens!!

Cyklops

Super Elite
Aug 19, 2008
Looks good.

WHAT! A new female White Knight! I never expected that! Anyway, good to see some variety.

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
Doesn't look as good as FFXIII but it still looks great.

Just hope Level 5 and Sony can cooperate well enough to get a simultaneous release or at least within 4-6 months after the Japanese release.

zerkulo

Apprentice
Sep 9, 2008
I'm not blown away but it does look good and I like the art directions. I just hope these guys learn a lesson and include English voice/text as they go so we don't have to wait as long for it as WKC1 :(

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]Looks awful. :| Textures look like they've been taken from some N64 games, horrible aliasing, PS2 games have better character models and everything else sucks too. Hopefully these are just screens from some VERY early build.

Edit: There's cross-dressing in the game?

http://www.gamed.nl/messages/122122.jpg

:???:[/quote]

I see a lot of stuff wrong with the graphics but horrible aliasing ?

SolidGreg

Superior Member
Sep 5, 2007
[QUOTE="duomtl, post: 0]looks like white knight chronicle 1 screens[/quote]

It is.

I've heard they intentionally cut the game into 2 or 3 episodes.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="SolidGreg, post: 0]It is.

I've heard they intentionally cut the game into 2 or 3 episodes.[/quote]
AFAIK, the ending of WKC was cut short, but WKC was always meant to span over more than just one game, maybe even become a trilogy if it wasn't a horrible flop. While some stuff that was originally planned to be in the first game will be in the second game, WKC2 is still a full-blown sequel and not just "the other half" of the first White Knight Chronicles. These screens HAVE to be from some early pre-alpha version of the game since they show a downgrade in every aspect when compared to the finalized first WKC.

Aug 1, 2007
The locations are very good and i love them... but the game itself it's like PS2 game in HD :\

I wished they didn't think about the Trilogy thing and they made WKS a whole game with the full story and an ending to it.

I feel like this trilogy thing ruined everything for me.....

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
Looks like WKC1, when may mean they're keeping the engine mostly intact and working on content.

AKA, direct sequel like .hack//series.

This means a good chance of it getting release very fast, since it's mostly content they're working at as oppose to the something new.

Guess we can get a complete wrap up fast, as oppose to the forever unfinished trilogies.

Targetboard

Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2007
Visually, the screens are a mixed bag. Environments look really good, but the character models are pretty darn weak, coming from a mid-tier developer like Level 5. It still looks fine overall, but I was expecting a bit more. Oh well. The more JRPGs, the merrier.

A

atomsk

i'll care when i'll be able to buy WC1 ...probably never, judging by the rate they're localizing the game

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]Looks like WKC1, when may mean they're keeping the engine mostly intact and working on content.

AKA, direct sequel like .hack//series.

This means a good chance of it getting release very fast, since it's mostly content they're working at as oppose to the something new.

Guess we can get a complete wrap up fast, as oppose to the forever unfinished trilogies.[/quote]

Yeah a good chance it could release late next year. (Japan)

Seems to be using the exact same engine as WKC1 and I bet they will re-use a lot of the environments from WKC1 and character/enemy models.

They will probably just slightly tweak the battle system as well and maybe just add 1 or 2 new features to it.

Nov 10, 2005
[QUOTE="The Praiseworthy, post: 0]The locations are very good and i love them... but the game itself it's like PS2 game in HD :

I wished they didn't think about the Trilogy thing and they made WKS a whole game with the full story and an ending to it.

I feel like this trilogy thing ruined everything for me.....[/quote]

Dragon Quest 8 was the same, it was weak graphically for a PS2 game, but then again, level 5 has never been about graphics, and they don't need to be because their games are generally awesome and the graphics add a unique feel to the game, that's my opinion anyway.

Muntu

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2008
[QUOTE="PS3 rocks, post: 0]Dragon Quest 8 was the same, it was weak graphically for a PS2 game, but then again, level 5 has never been about graphics, and they don't need to be because their games are generally awesome and the graphics add a unique feel to the game, that's my opinion anyway.[/quote]
And I agree with this opinion. People complain way too much about graphics nowadays. I think it looks good.

Jun 29, 2006
DQ8 was weak for a ps2 game!?!?!?! It looked stunning when it was released... and had the best overworld ever in a JRPG

Its obvious from the screens above that they are showing SP and online mode since their is a fair difference in environmental detail. The screens do seem to be an ugrade over the first. Environments did look very nice in the first, as good or better than any jrpg thus released, but character models were fairly simple...

I would say people need to wait to see it in motion to say it is not an upgrade, because the forested scene already looks promising

Only the first 5 or so and the new knight and character screens are from SP, the rest are from online mode and look noticibly worse....

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
WKC should have been release a year & a half ago, and even then it would have looked dated. now we got WKC2 which looks the same and WKC still ain't been released :no
WKC has gone right off my radar & I ain't gonna bother with this one

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
[QUOTE="sergeriver, post: 0]What lot of crap, they didn't release WKC outside Japan and they are showing WKC2 off. Hey, I've heard GT6 is coming out before GT5.[/quote]

Well their main market is Japan and considering WKC1 released December 2008 in Japan then I don't really see an issue.

They most likely started developing it slightly before or after they finished number one.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="sergeriver, post: 0]What lot of crap, they didn't release WKC outside Japan and they are showing WKC2 off. Hey, I've heard GT6 is coming out before GT5.[/quote]
Don't talk stupid **** about stuff you don't know anything about. You CLEARLY don't have ANY idea how Level 5 do their job. They released WKC in Japan and it got quite a lot of criticism about a few things. That lead to Level 5 wanting to IMPROVE the game before bringing it outside Japan. This is the exact same thing that happened with Rogue Galaxy.

WKC should have been release a year & a half ago, and even then it would have looked dated. now we got WKC2 which looks the same and WKC still ain't been released
No, WKC shouldn't even have been released in Japan in December 2008 when it did because it was incomplete. Sony just needed SOMETHING for PS3 for that Christmas and it had to be released early. Since when has the level of graphical quality been the deciding factor in when a game should be released? That's just stupid. WKC1 looks nice, not even close to a game like FFXIII, but it's still a decent looking game even today. Hopefully WKC2 will improve, since it's probably just in its early development stages.

Man what is it with impatient people nowadays and their need of getting everything NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW and if they don't they cry like little babies about it?