White Knight Chronicles Confirmed for North America

Saix7

Superior Member
May 5, 2007
Japanese gamers have been enjoying the Level 5 developed RPG White Knight Chronicles since December 25, but until now we were never quite sure whether or not the title would make its way to other territories as well. Now, in an interview with Game Trailers, Level 5 President and CEO Akihiro Hino confirmed that the game would indeed be coming to North America. Unfortunately, Hino wasn't able to confirm an actual release date, nor whether the game would be coming to other territories as well. But given the long localization that is required for a game of this type, it will most likely be quite a while before the game makes its way to these shores. Hino also discussed the possibility of cross-online play between different regions, and while he didn't confirm the feature, it wasn't outright denied either.
With Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform, White Knight Chronicles is the only big, exclusive RPG currently on the horizon for PlayStation 3 owners. And given Level 5's strong track record with the genre, chances are this will be a great title. Let's just hope it doesn't take too long to get here.

But still not release date! I expect it to release around April/May

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
With the wait we've had, that's not too long of a wait (regarding your estimate). I've heaerd that localizations don't take too long and I'm patient. I would play this game in Japanese if it had english menus and subs

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Ah, jeez man. I read the thread title and got my hopes up. Way to go. Nah, it's alright, didn't have any doubts on the subject. Still, thanks for the info.
FatesServant

sorrow880

Forum Guru
Mar 18, 2007
www.myspace.com
The video interview that this info was from talked about how they were undecided about online playability between the US & JP, it would definitely be cool if we could play with Japan.

Lethalmind

Fister Roboto
Mar 13, 2008
ISIS HQ
[QUOTE="Sieghardt, post: 0]It's been confirmed for a US release since 2006 lol
an actual date would be nice though[/quote]
It would be lovely. I can show those n00bs playing the game how to play it right :lol:

I've seen one person execute combos right. The rest of the people are awful. Makes me not want to watch gameplay videos

Grinchy

Christmas Thief
Feb 9, 2007
A little cave outside of Whooville
[QUOTE="Lethalmind, post: 0]With the wait we've had, that's not too long of a wait (regarding your estimate). I've heaerd that localizations don't take too long and I'm patient. I would play this game in Japanese if it had english menus and subs[/quote]

Yeah man, me too. I have a bad feeling that it's going to take forever for them to localize this game, and I want it so bad now.

I don't care about english voices whatsoever either :(

La_Resistance

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2008
Man I was hoping this was an actual release date lol Whyyyy must you torment me!? Just take my money Level 5! :)

"With Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform, White Knight Chronicles is the only big, exclusive RPG currently on the horizon for PlayStation 3 owners."

^That is false lol

S

Stig

I am surprised it took this long to get this news up. :mrgreen:

Either way, its great to hear the official word on it, but yes, a firm release date would be stellar...along with news of a few tweaks being made to it.

B

Bakudannar

I'm pretty sure we'll have the JP audio track included in the localized release. With blu-ray, it shouldn't be a problem, and there is a demand for it from RPG fans. However, if they used some J-pop vocals in the soundtrack, the vocals might be removed and we'll get an instrumental track, due to possible licensing/royalty issues.

BakaMaster

Forum Guru
Dec 22, 2007
[QUOTE="Bakudannar, post: 0]I'm pretty sure we'll have the JP audio track included in the localized release. With blu-ray, it shouldn't be a problem, and there is a demand for it from RPG fans. However, if they used some J-pop vocals in the soundtrack, the vocals might be removed and we'll get an instrumental track, due to possible licensing/royalty issues.[/quote]

Most of Nis America & some of Atlus Publish game has done that.

Even if they dont keep the org dub i hope the opening song is org. Its sad to see alot of tales series losing the vocal songs, Shinning series, an many more.:mad:

The best opening song i realy love was Gundam True Odyssey aka MS Saga: A New Dawn theme song Take a chance by savage genius. I just dont get why take it out.:evil:

Scape

Forum Elder
Nov 7, 2007
we have known about its US release for about 2 years now. for a long time now it is suppose to be reaching us before the end of the fiscal year.

With Final Fantasy XIII going multiplatform, White Knight Chronicles is the only big, exclusive RPG currently on the horizon for PlayStation 3 owners.
Oh really? What about VersusXIII? lol

Anyway, it's good to see it's confirmed for a English version. I am currently playing the Japanese version, and it's the best next-gen JRPG game i had played so far, JRPG lovers will definitely enjoy this game. :DD

BakaMaster

Forum Guru
Dec 22, 2007
[QUOTE="godofspeed, post: 0]Oh really? What about VersusXIII? lol

Anyway, it's good to see it's confirmed for a English version. I am currently playing the Japanese version, and it's the best next-gen JRPG game i had played so far, JRPG lovers will definitely enjoy this game. :DD[/quote]

Theses no info yet on vs13 for 2009 of outside region. I all i hearing is FFXIII for 2009. I guess they gonna release vs13 later.... ????

Tho to me the best next gen JRPG would probly Cross edge while makes white knight chronicles in 2nd place. Im hoping theres more listing jRPG.

Even if theres less in 2009 at less my PSP will be the chArm for 2009.:twisted: I got 13 PSP games so far n close to finishing my 1st PSP game ( Arc D Jeanne )

A-SIN

Dedicated Member
Dec 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Sieghardt, post: 0]It's been confirmed for a US release since 2006 lol
an actual date would be nice though[/quote]

I know lol. And wasn't it out in the open that they had begun english localization for the game a few months back? Anyways I will camp for this game if i have too. Need to get high on some JRPG madness.

Jun 28, 2007
Well it actually wasn't confirmed for a release. You may have thought that, but nothing was said...

I hope it releases soon... If it releases late it will never be able to compete with other games being released in the future.

and123re

Superior Member
Jan 2, 2009
good news.. ps3 is still lacking rpg games...
these japanese game producers could make english menu and subtitles in every game they release couldn't they... so the games could be released wordwide and we didn't have to wait for a us version,,

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
[QUOTE="and123re, post: 0]good news.. ps3 is still lacking rpg games...
these japanese game producers could make english menu and subtitles in every game they release couldn't they... so the games could be released wordwide and we didn't have to wait for a us version,,[/quote]

Then we will just end up with somehting like this again.

Vercetti

Forum Elder
Dec 22, 2005
I hope it doesn't come out at the same time as FF. I'm actually looking forward to this title more since it's going to be exclusive.