Who are you gonna call?

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
The first full GhostBusters trailer is out. If the original didn't exist; this would be a hit but since its not. Looks alright for a reboot and cast of females, really refreshing too.

[video=youtube;w3ugHP-yZXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw[/video]

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Terrible. Humour feels forced and it tries to be a carbon copy of the original, but without any good humour to boot. Also, it panders to a certain demographic lol.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I was a big fan of the original Ghostbusters and it's cast really made it a great film......

Not so sure on this one, as @Lebowski days it seems to be trying to hard to be 'right on' and PC. Then again I have been wrong before!

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
Sorry, I just can't see anything good about this. I guess we wouldn't have equality if the women couldn't get in on the idiocy though.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This trailer is terrible. Movie would be best if the original cast (all but 1) were called because ghosts have returned to New York city. However they are too old and need to recruit some new people.

The original had humor without trying. This movie absolutely looks like it is trying to be funny instead of occasionally being funny. It actually looked more like a Saturday Night Live skit to me.

I think this movie will flop.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
It looks like a generic slapstick comedy with a Ghostbusters skin over it. This almost feels like a parody movie meant to make fun of the original not 'reboot' it.

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6505050]It looks like a generic slapstick comedy with a Ghostbusters skin over it. This almost feels like a parody movie meant to make fun of the original not 'reboot' it.
[/QUOTE]
I get that, it's just weird. Parody of a comedy? WTF is that?

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="Major, post: 6505055]I get that, it's just weird. Parody of a comedy? WTF is that?[/QUOTE]
I remember the original being somewhat serious and comedy certainly wasn't slapstick like this is. The important thing is this doesn't feel like Ghostbusters and that's bad.

But yeah I know what you're saying. A parody of a comedy? What?

Sent from 2000ft under the crust

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6505028] Movie would be best if the original cast (all but 1) were called because ghosts have returned to New York city. However they are too old and need to recruit some new people.

The original had humor without trying. This movie absolutely looks like it is trying to be funny instead of occasionally being funny. It actually looked more like a Saturday Night Live skit to me.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. If you're going to do it, make it a proper follow up to Ghostbusters II. Now of course they're going to be 1 man down since unfortunately the actor passed away, but they could have written that into the story. Then maybe halfway through we could be introduced to a couple new faces who the OG Ghostbusters are considering passing the torch to.

It very much feels like a long SNL skit, especially with the casting choices. I think we could have done without Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy, added 1-2 men and focused more on the OG cast from the start.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Chewbacca, post: 6505074]I agree. If you're going to do it, make it a proper follow up to Ghostbusters II. Now of course they're going to be 1 man down since unfortunately the actor passed away, but they could have written that into the story. Then maybe halfway through we could be introduced to a couple new faces who the OG Ghostbusters are considering passing the torch to.

It very much feels like a long SNL skit, especially with the casting choices. I think we could have done without Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy, added 1-2 men and focused more on the OG cast from the start.[/QUOTE]

It would have been cool if maybe these women were the daughters of the Ghostbusters. I am not even a film writer and I feel like I have already come up with a better damn story lol.

** Original Ghostbusters are out playing golf. The mayor or NYC calls and tells them ghosts are back!!! Ghostbusters look at each other for a second then continue playing golf. Suddenly all of their phones are ringing with ghost complaints.

Back at home they discuss the situation and all agree that they are just too old to bust ghosts. One of the daughters overhears the conversation and insists she knows enough to continue the legacy. Dad replies, "You went on 2 bring your daughter to work days, and we staged those days. You literally caught ghosts that were already caught!"

Sounds like a great story so far!

Last edited: