Who is not getting MW2 on Tuesday?

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
Who all other than me isn't getting MW2 on Tuesday? I was gonna buy it today, because gamestop had a trade in deal,but I don't have a ride to get there. So I'm probably going to get it around Christmas.

Stefan

Forum Elder
Jan 8, 2008
Hopefully getting it for Christmas. If not than I won't be buying it. Unless the game goes down to £30, which it won't.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until the holidays to get this. Was planning on purchasing it via launch, however I can't see that happening now. However, I'm going to do my best to rent it. Considering I have a subscription at my local blockbuster, I can basically rent Modern Warfare 2 for as long as I want. In which, whenever I finally get my hands on it, I'll be renting it until Christmas. :)

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]Unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until the holidays to get this. Was planning on purchasing it via launch, however I can't see that happening now. However, I'm going to do my best to rent it. Considering I have a subscription at my local blockbuster, I can basically rent Modern Warfare 2 for as long as I want. In which, whenever I finally get my hands on it, I'll be renting it until Christmas. :)[/quote]

That sounds like a great idea. How much does the subscription cost? I really don't want to wait until Christmas to play it.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]That sounds like a great idea. How much does the subscription cost? I really don't want to wait until Christmas to play it.[/quote]

Well it's called the 'Movie/Game Pass'. You can get any movie, and rent it for as long as you want. The price can be annoying, considering it's monthly. I pay roughly $20 a month. :-x However, when a new game is out, or you simply want to play through an entire game without purchasing it, it's definitely a great thing to have.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
I had it since Thursday (11/5) but if I didn't have the connection to a place to get my games early id get it at 10am on release day. That is probably the only good thing about working graveyard shift im off work at 6:30am play some games at home to kill time and im right up there when they open play for a hour or 2 then knock out (if I have to work that night).

Smorkin Panda

Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Arg that deal ****** me off. I litterally traded 2 of those games in last week. Instead of being 20 dollars short for both my copies of the game I would have been paid off on both. Man after this launch I am buying my games from anywhere BUT Gamestop. Arg!

Anyways was that deal today only Boxman? You could always trade the games you were going to in later this week if you could get a ride? Anyways hope you get it asap, but whenever you do feel free to shoot me a friend request so we can throw down (obviously you don't have to wait till you get MW2 to send me the request heh).

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]Well it's called the 'Movie/Game Pass'. You can get any movie, and rent it for as long as you want. The price can be annoying, considering it's monthly. I pay roughly $20 a month. :-x However, when a new game is out, or you simply want to play through an entire game without purchasing it, it's definitely a great thing to have.[/quote]

Come to think of it, I'll pass. :lol: Mabye you can try out this Gamestop offer, if you trade in 2 games on that list (for me its Uncarted: DF since I didn't like it and WAW) you only have to pay 20 dollars for MW2.

[QUOTE="Smorkin Panda, post: 0]Arg that deal ****** me off. I litterally traded 2 of those games in last week. Instead of being 20 dollars short for both my copies of the game I would have been paid off on both. Man after this launch I am buying my games from anywhere BUT Gamestop. Arg!

Anyways was that deal today only Boxman? You could always trade the games you were going to in later this week if you could get a ride? Anyways hope you get it asap, but whenever you do feel free to shoot me a friend request so we can throw down (obviously you don't have to wait till you get MW2 to send me the request heh).[/quote]

I don't get how you were ripped off, you were 20 dollars short, or I read it wrong.

The deal ends today. It was like a week long but I just found out last night. Thing is, Uncharted + WAW won't get me the 40 this deal would, and my older sister wants me to keep LBP. So I need to give Uncharted , WAW, and Killzone 2 (if I need another 20).

Hell yeah, I'll take your challenge.:D

Smorkin Panda

Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]I don't get how you were ripped off, you were 20 dollars short, or I read it wrong.

The deal ends today. It was like a week long but I just found out last night. Thing is, Uncharted + WAW won't get me the 40 this deal would, and my older sister wants me to keep LBP. So I need to give Uncharted , WAW, and Killzone 2 (if I need another 20).

Hell yeah, I'll take your challenge.:D[/quote]

I traded in a bunch of stuff and some of them were on that list. If I had gotten credit for the deal I would have had both copies paid off instead of just one and still owing 20 on the other. So in essence I lost out on 20 dollars heh. See you online.

spyrde

Master Guru
Feb 18, 2009
Finland
I will get it eventually, but because of my massive debts I cannot buy any games until Christmas which totally sucks donkey kongs. I'll also let my friends (who are MASSIVE COD fans) buy it first and see if they are pleased.

dakidx

Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2007
No i dont have money and if i did im not on the hype train... Ive been disappointed by hype way too much.

Umdlye

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2009
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 0]50/50 I may pop into Tesco in the morning.[/quote]

I'd buy it if I were you.
Here in the Netherlands we get ripped off!!
70 EURO for MW2?!
Still buying it tho :dunce

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 0]not going to buy it at all. if i get if as a gift or something ill take it, but COD games seem to be the "Madden" of shooters. and there hasnt been a good one since COD1[/quote]

Are you saying that a Madden hasnt been good since the first one or the cult-like following?