Who needs games? PlayStation 4's first year(Article)

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
NOTHING TO DO WITH MKS THREAD

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-15-who-needs-games-playstation-4s-first-year

<section class="" style="float: left; width: 600px; clear: both; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Proxima, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px;">
One year ago today, PlayStation 4 launched in North America. It arrived on these shores two weeks later. The build-up really couldn't have gone better for Sony; the preceding year had been one of good fortune, smart marketing, aggressive PR and rampant opportunism for PlayStation as its chief competitor, Microsoft's Xbox, had blundered from one hubristic public relations catastrophe to the next. To cap it all off, it had emerged that PS4 had a significant technical advantage, too, with faster memory and a more powerful graphics processor. Sony's executives could scarcely believe their luck; after the tough PS3 years, they had been offered an open goal.....stop
It's a familiar narrative, but the machine's first anniversary offers an opportunity to take stock of the story since then. How well has PlayStation 4 served its users - and how well has Sony served PS4 - since 15th November 2013? (We'll write a similar report card for Xbox One's first anniversary next week.)
To be fair, Sony made some canny choices and had some natural advantages. The machine's launch feature set was limited, missing some ancillary functions like media playback, but this was managed with care to play into its fanboy-friendly image as a no-nonsense, thoroughbred games machine. Sony's PRs wisely flooded their media and industry contacts with machines; the Xbox 360's early start had made it the default console in industry circles, an influential inner sanctum of friends lists and early code that PS3 could never crack. PS4 would not suffer the same fate.The PS4's launch set the tone for its first year: the games weren't stellar, but it didn't seem to matter. The first-party line-up was thin - Knack was dire, Killzone Shadow Fall was dazzling but hollow, DriveClub was delayed - but Sony was carrying so much momentum and goodwill, nothing could stop it. Gamers weren't even complaining too loudly that online gaming had been locked behind the admittedly good-value PlayStation Plus subscription - something Andrew House, Mark Cerny and Shuhei Yoshida must be pinching themselves about to this day. The only bum note was the quickly disintegrating rubber of the DualShock 4's sticks (still a sore point).
And the third-party launch games were a gift from heaven. There were plenty of them and some were good, but most importantly, their "cross-generation" engines and the lack of time their developers had been able to put into optimisation showed the PS4's horsepower advantage over Xbox One in the best possible light. A single message from Call of Duty: Ghosts producer Mark Rubin, confirming that the game would run at a higher resolution on PS4, told a story that Microsoft is fighting to counter to this day: multi-platform games are better on PlayStation.
PS4s flew off shelves. The conventional wisdom that must-have games sell consoles was shattered. The exclusives were nothing special and third-party games were mostly available on PS3 as well, never mind Xbox, a state of affairs that has persisted all year. But if publishers were hedging their bets, gamers weren't. It had been a long console generation and, in the intervening years, the rhythm of the consumer electronics industry had changed beyond recognition; mobile phone manufacturers had somehow persuaded a gadget-addicted public to upgrade their equipment every couple of years, whether there was a compelling reason to or not. We were hungry.
It was thus that a stunned and delighted Sony announced in February that it had smashed its five million sales target ahead of schedule, ahead even of its launch in Japan. PS4 was trouncing Xbox One at the tills even though Microsoft's machine was selling pretty quickly by any previous standards. As early as February and March the sales of cross-generation games like Thief and Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes were an order of magnitude higher on the new machines than the old - and PS4 had the lion's share of the action. No-one had expected the generation to get off to such a flying start.
It wasn't all good news, however. In stark contrast to the US and Europe, PS4's Japanese launch was a disaster; it seemed Sony had no better answer than Nintendo to the death of home console gaming in its native land. Smilin' Jack Tretton, PlayStation's popular American chief, saw an opportunity to drop the mic on a high and retired. DriveClub was delayed, again, to October - which is just as well, because The Order: 1886, Sony's exclusive action game for the end-of-year season, was later delayed until 2015. Suddenly, the major exclusives propping up the latter half of PS4's year were a shaky-looking racer and a handsome but rather cheeky reissue of the 2013 PS3 hit, The Last of Us. Yet still those consoles sold.
Surely it wouldn't be long before PS4 owners started to look for software that really made sense of their new hardware. In late May, a game many had hung their purchases on arrived, with marketing backing from Sony: Ubisoft's crime thriller, Watch Dogs. It was nothing new, and not quite what early videos had promised it to be. Gamers were underwhelmed and getting restive. Why had we bought these machines again?

Sony even felt bullish enough - which is to say, confident enough in its own subscription offering, PlayStation Plus - to refuse to allow EA's Early Access programme on PS4. Its knack for surprisingly hip PR hadn't left it, either. At Gamescom in August, it partnered with Konami and Hideo Kojima to release PT, a free "playable teaser" for horror reboot Silent Hills, which caused a stir and opened a door to new kind of video game marketing that actually benefited players.
You could hardly argue that Sony was on the back foot, though. In Los Angeles in June, it had a solid E3, showing stunning footage of Uncharted 4, announcing Bloodborne, an exclusive game from fan-favourite Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki, and hitching itself to the hottest indie hype train around - Hello Games' dreamy sci-fi opus No Man's Sky. Sony's indie charm offensive was paying off: it hadn't yet brought a true sensation to the PlayStation Store, but the PS4 was slowly collecting a critical mass of cool games like Transistor and Towerfall, and the bigger names were being drawn in in their wake.

If PlayStation 4 owners had one complaint at this point, it was the unreliability of PlayStation Network's online services. PS4's background downloading and updating was a step forward, but connection problems and downtime were still frequent, and the subscription requirement threw a harsh light on a gaming service that still wasn't the equal of Xbox Live. That was unfortunate, considering Sony had spent a marketing fortune aligning another third-party game with PlayStation 4, and this one required an internet connection: Bungie's Destiny.
Destiny seemed like a make or break moment, not just for PS4 but for the promise of a new console generation. It proved to be a make and break moment. The huge hype climax of a big console launch clashed uncomfortably with a game that, like a massively multiplayer PC game, couldn't meaningfully be reviewed before it was in players' hands. Confusion reigned. PSN's servers buckled, and many players were disillusioned with the dry experience they found when they eventually did log in. Was this really the future? Yes, it was: the game could be hamfisted and boring, but also addictive and intense, a bewitching and clever hybrid that gave console gamers their first true taste of the MMO's infinite spiral of engagement. Like it or not - and despite the fact you could play a decent version on the old consoles - Destiny was the first true game of the new generation. Everyone was playing it, and everyone was playing it on PS4. Check your friends list; many still are.
Whether or not you chalk Destiny up as a win, it was followed by a painful, ugly loss. Almost a full year after its original release date, DriveClub finally arrived. And it didn't work. Its social-gaming hook, the focus of all its marketing, turned out to be beyond developer Evolution's ability to write server code, and the game broke online. Was this really the future, too? We can only hope not; online games will always have teething troubles, but DriveClub's are stillsevere enough that the free PS Plus edition, a carrot Sony had been dangling for a year and a half, has been indefinitely shelved. Factor in its lengthy delay and lacklustre core and you have to conclude that DriveClub's failure isn't so much a sign of the times as another example of the mismanagement and erratic quality control that are the unhappy flipside of Sony's adventurous record as a first-party publisher.
And so we find PS4 facing Christmas with one of the weakest exclusive line-ups on record, and a third-party slate that's not much better. PS4's best games, from Shadow of Mordor to Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, can almost without exception be played on PS3. True new-generation games like Batman: Arkham City and The Witcher 3 have retreated into 2015 - and a good thing too, if the shambles that is the one exception, Assassin's Creed Unity, is anything to go by. The rest are remasters. Once again: why have we bought these machines?
Even allowing for DriveClub, and PSN's ups and downs (mostly downs), and those damned rubber sticks, Sony has had a great year. PlayStation 4 has had a great year. But PlayStation 4 owners haven't, not really. We've done our part: bought the machines in good faith and persuaded ourselves that those extra frames per second, those extra lines of resolution, are really worth it. It's getting hard to keep that up. The PS4 must be the most successful console without a killer app there's ever been, but its momentum can't last forever, its feelgood factor has worn off, and its opponent has got its act together. Sony - and all your partners - it's over to you.

I fully agree with this article and only fan boys or people who never had a ps3 would stick up for sony. I dont need to hear oh the 1st year is always poor, its not good enough, we are supposed to be in next gen and yet all i have is games that are on ps3/360, remakes, delays, shit games and .....well....nothing.

Those who say its been a great year are kidding themselves, the only people who have had a great year are sonys pockets by making mugs of us by giving us a awesome console with no features and no so called next gen games.

I will post EG's MS one when they write it</section>

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
IF it was a good year for games I would have bought a PS4. I initially wanted Drive Club, but that seems to be somewhat average from many peoples opinions, itsnot reason not to buy and play it, but if you do not have a console it is certainly no reason t buy one.

I have yet to see any games that stand out as must haves that are not on other consoles or PC yet. For example I have been able to play Planetside 2 for 2 years andits only just starting beta on PS4.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
People choose Sony over MS , this is the important part they missed, Xbox was soooo00o0o0o0ooo fucked up at lunch, gamers has no choice but to go with ps4.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
The article misses one big point, FFXIV. Many PS3 only players upgraded, and a few pc players moved to the PS4 for the better graphics and gameplay.

Jan 13, 2007
That whole article is complete and total garbage IMO. I read the whole thing and it's some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Nothing is perfect and the PS4 isn't without its flaws, but I've never seen a first year this good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Also diregarding other peoples argument by setting up the condition "those that say its been a great year are kidding themselves" is just like saying "la la la cant hear you you are stupid".

And if you respond to me you like carrots with peas and onion, hate the PS4, are overweight and still live in moms basment at 45(thats all a joke but you get the point how setting conditions are stupid)

Jun 4, 2007
Gran Turismo 6, The last of us and God of War: Accession...could have all been ps4 exclusives. They supported the ps3 to the ps4 launch. It's not like they took their foot off years in advance like MS. All of Sony's 1st party titles(pre-driveclub's release) have sold 1m+ on the ps4. And Sony didn't have to make 500k consoles with each game packed in.

*10m ps4's sold, over 30m games sold(*latest data we had during the last software attachment update)...I guess the excuse MS fanboys told us the last 3 to 4 years is now working in Sony's favor. "Exclusives don't matter. People play multiplats the most. Indies count too."

Last edited:

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="chrisw26308, post: 6399480]That whole article is complete and total garbage IMO. I read the whole thing and it's some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Nothing is perfect and the PS4 isn't without its flaws, but I've never seen a first year this good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

exactly, but there are buzzkillers out there trying to get people on there side to protest their words, it's not working so they are starting to get upset about it.

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6399508]exactly, but there are buzzkillers out there trying to get people on there side to protest their words, it's not working so they are starting to get upset about it.[/QUOTE]
Lol. I'd say you are correct. I read more negative articles yesterday including the euro gamer and one titled Playstation top 10 worst games.

People that spread this shit need a life, I don't think they know how bad they look.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2006
In terms of 1st/2nd party exclusives both consoles have absolutely sucked. Driveclub sucked even with a year delay. Titanfall was a bomb. Sunset Overdrive was never going to be anything but a fun distraction at best. Infamous was solid and a technical beauty but sorely lacking in content. Killzone is Killzone, technically unmatched as a shooter but also one of the most boring, characterless franchises in the world. Knack was just...meh, nothing wrong with it outright but it was just...meh. Little Big Planet 3 is going to be the best game of this list easily, but its also cross-gen.

However, Infamous Second Son is the most impressive game out at the moment, and that's PS4 only.

The PS4 still has a lot more games out right now as well.

PS4 is unimpressive relative to the PS3's last year. The Xbox One is mighty impressive relative to the 360's last year (which had shit all).

In absolute terms though, they both sucked.

Yes, the implication there is that a relatively good year of games for the MS brand is not impressive at all to me. That's what happens when you get spoiled by Sony's first party offerings (plus a great number of third party exclusives from Japan).

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
What console had a good first year though. Even the PS2 was slower than hell, so was the PS1, the original Xbox launch wasn't all that great, 360 launch wasn't all that great besides I believe PGR (enough said). none of the consoles really had a good first year, it was quite mediocre at best. The PS4 first year was actually good if you look back at other consoles, but this is not only contributed to just a couple of launch games but also indie games for the first year, even though some people just downright hate indies and they actually believe indie games take away from AAA games (which isn't true by any means), it still doesn't take away the point of PS4 having a good first year. Anything more than this would be excellent.

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6399602]What console had a good first year though. Even the PS2 was slower than hell, so was the PS1, the original Xbox launch wasn't all that great, 360 launch wasn't all that great besides I believe PGR (enough said). none of the consoles really had a good first year, it was quite mediocre at best. The PS4 first year was actually good if you look back at other consoles, but this is not only contributed to just a couple of launch games but also indie games for the first year, even though some people just downright hate indies and they actually believe indie games take away from AAA games (which isn't true by any means), it still doesn't take away the point of PS4 having a good first year. Anything more than this would be excellent.[/QUOTE]

No.

PS2's first full year (2001) was far, far better than PS4's 2014 if you are going by retail exclusives.

Hell the PS2's 2000 alone was better than PS4's full 2014, and yet 2000 wasn't even a full year for PS2 as it came out in March.

PS2's launch itself was also far better than the PS4's.

I would also take PS3's launch line up over the PS4's: I would comfortably take Resistance, Genji, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom over Killzone:Shadow Fall, Knack, and Resogun.

I would also take PS3's 2007 over the PS4's 2014. Motorstorm, Formula 1, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, The Eye of Judgement, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Time Crisis 4, and Uncharted, over...Infamous Second Son/First Light and phucking Drive Club.

The PS4 had the weakest first full year of any Playstation before by my estimation.

But they can be forgiven, seeing as they were still supporting the PS3 even in 2013, and still are now (LBP3 is cross gen).

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
I've had a good year. :)

Despite the year being thin on the beginning, and very heavy in the end! Fucking 4-6 games in OCt/Nov I like and 1 or 2 in between launch and now!

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I've used the PS3 relatively often in the first half of 2014 but I think it is now time to get rid of it. The PS4 has now officially more games than I can handle.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6399484]Also diregarding other peoples argument by setting up the condition "those that say its been a great year are kidding themselves" is just like saying "la la la cant hear you you are stupid".

And if you respond to me you like carrots with peas and onion, hate the PS4, are overweight and still live in moms basment at 45(thats all a joke but you get the point how setting conditions are stupid)[/QUOTE]

He wasn't looking for a discussion by starting this topic, he just wanted to shove his opinion over everyone else's.

I've learned that he's just good at one thing, disrespecting others.

Last edited:

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I can't remember a launch year that really blew me away for any console. I enjoyed the Xbox One's lineup at launch and that's why i preferred the console over the PS4 up until now. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5 were all impressive and fun games for me. The PS4 didn't really have anything other than Infamous: Second Son but that game was fantastic.

Like others have said though. Sony supported the PS3 until the end and Gran Turismo 6, God of War: Ascension, and The Last of Us could have easily been held off until PS4 launch. Then what would people be saying? So you have to just take it for what it's worth. The first year is never going to be that spectacular in terms of games. The next couple years are when the better games start to come out.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="TDbank24, post: 6399663]I can't remember a launch year that really blew me away for any console. I enjoyed the Xbox One's lineup at launch and that's why i preferred the console over the PS4 up until now. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5 were all impressive and fun games for me. The PS4 didn't really have anything other than Infamous: Second Son but that game was fantastic.

Like others have said though. Sony supported the PS3 until the end and Gran Turismo 6, God of War: Ascension, and The Last of Us could have easily been held off until PS4 launch. Then what would people be saying? So you have to just take it for what it's worth. The first year is never going to be that spectacular in terms of games. The next couple years are when the better games start to come out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sony could have left the PS3 floating sideways, but they didn't. Every game they supported at the end of the PS3 era, they could have held off for the PS4.

Last edited:

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="RedOrb_Collector, post: 6399614]No.

PS2's first full year (2001) was far, far better than PS4's 2014 if you are going by retail exclusives.

Hell the PS2's 2000 alone was better than PS4's full 2014, and yet 2000 wasn't even a full year for PS2 as it came out in March.

PS2's launch itself was also far better than the PS4's.

I would also take PS3's launch line up over the PS4's: I would comfortably take Resistance, Genji, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom over Killzone:Shadow Fall, Knack, and Resogun.

I would also take PS3's 2007 over the PS4's 2014. Motorstorm, Formula 1, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, The Eye of Judgement, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Time Crisis 4, and Uncharted, over...Infamous Second Son/First Light and phucking Drive Club.

The PS4 had the weakest first full year of any Playstation before by my estimation.

But they can be forgiven, seeing as they were still supporting the PS3 even in 2013, and still are now (LBP3 is cross gen).[/QUOTE]

No it wasnt and since you brought up PS3's launch and first year as being better, I can't even take you seriously now. ick.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6399616]I've had a good year. :)

Despite the year being thin on the beginning, and very heavy in the end! Fucking 4-6 games in OCt/Nov I like and 1 or 2 in between launch and now![/QUOTE]
Yeah i agree, when i got my PS4 i played it for a while but kept going back to the PS3 because it had more games. Now i have a backlog of 3-4 games on the ps4 that i havent touched yet and there are still quite a few that i want to pick up! Granted they are not all exclusives but still the games are there.

Jan 9, 2014
Wales
www.twitter.com
I don't really feel I need to buy a PS4 yet, so that's why I'd agree with the article. There are no games I really feel disappointed that I've missed out on. And the majority are cross-generation anyway. Xbone is in the same boat.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
I've loved my first year with the PS4! I don't need an article or someone else's opinion to tell me otherwise. I'm not a Sony fanboy, I'm not blind or stupid and have been gaming since the late 1970's. It hasn't been a 'great' year for game releases, that's true, but despite you discounting the fact that the first year is always slow as developers get used to the platform the truth is that's a fact.

Early adopters like me understand that. We know we'll purchase the console at its most expensive and with the least amount of games. We know that a good 60-70% of announced titles will slip as the dev houses struggle to get the game to perform in those early years. We know, but we don't care - that's why we're early adopters. You, of course, are free to make up your own mind and not purchase the console. What you can't do is tell people they 'are wrong'. Live your own life. Don't try and live other people's.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
As far as I can see, everyone agree with line up till october was dire, there are a few titles for every taste. In my eyes almost every one of us, experienced the same feelings about this year, but expectations are totally diffrent. OP is overreacting for sure, but the article is not telling us lies. Sony and some major devs/publishers failed hard a few times in this first year, this is a fact even you have your "Great year" with the limited titles out there.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I'd agree that with the exception of Infamous - which was just satisfactory, the 1st party library has been lacklustre. I'm happy to enjoy 3rd party games though. It's not like I feel cheated for expecting more out of a launch year. I'd wager that 75 percent of my time gaming is on the Ps4, which would equal 20 hours a week on average (owning a Ps3, mid-end pc, ps4, vita, and wii u)

[QUOTE="33x, post: 6399450]op[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a fanboy in your eyes then and not entitled to a different opinion.. Haha.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I think both platforms are lacking the games that myself and probably many others need to see before investing into either system. I have no doubt that the games will come soon but right now there isn't anything - for me - worth shelling out my cash for. I'm going to buy both systems eventually, just I'm happy to wait it out currently until there is something I need​ to play. That GG artwork with robotic dinosaurs piqued my interest!

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Some thoughts.

In terms of AAA exclusives is this the best generation that Sony has launched on? IMO No, but the same can be said for the XB1. Does the PS4 have an edge right now in AAA exclusives, no, but I'd not say that XB1's did an great job either.

In terms of quantity of games available is this the best generation that Sony has launched on. I'd have to say yes, when strictly speaking quantity. Admittedly many of the Indie games suck, but there's plenty that are pretty damn good.

In terms of Free games available, Sony has been the bomb w/ the F2P. While I personally didn't spend a dime on it, I've racked up probably over 100hrs on F2P games until it got to a point where it felt like I needed to pay to advance w/o it becoming a total chore, at which point, I had my fun in the games and it was time to move on.

They've had IMO a bit of mismanagement of when they should take servers down for maintenance, but I think they learned from doing it on a weekend during major US and EU gaming times. And when they did have a hiccup like the 2.00 FW update that was causing peoples machines to lockup when putting them into rest mode (no confirmed cases of any actual bricking unlike what was originally implied) they had it patched quickly.

I'd have to say they added more features w/ FW updates in this first year than they did the PS3's first year.

About the only disaster I've seen has been from Driveclub and to a lesser extent the rubber on the analog sticks. Mine are still in working order.

Considering all the pluses of things added (Indies Galore, F2Ps, PS Now, Live Streaming, Video and Pic Capture, ...) vs the few disappointments I'd have to put this as a pretty damn good launch year. Did they trade off a bit of first year AAA exclusives to get these in play? Maybe, if so I think it was the right move. I was more than sated w/ the Cross-Plat game line-ups. Could I have played them on PS3, sure, but it would not have been as in depth of an experience IMO and the launch price was well worth it. The price isn't going to fall until maybe next fall time period and even if it does, having it for the 1.5-2 years is worth paying $50 more and getting it later. Hell it's worth that much for the games not taking forever and a patch to start playing, for all my patches and OS being DL'd overnight, for having a network that a 10GB game you digital purchased DL's in the background over the next 20mins while you're playing another game. A system in which when you fast travel to another area in AC Black Flag it's done in a second and not spending 20s running around the animus white space. A system where you can do most things in the UI w/o quiting the game.

Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6399670]No it wasnt and since you brought up PS3's launch and first year as being better, I can't even take you seriously now. ick.[/QUOTE]

Extremely convincing post, exhaustively detailed, methodical.

10/10, would read again.

But no, you are absolutely wrong of course. You are avoiding a list war. The only thing wrong with the PS3 launch was its price relative to its launch catalog. The PS4's best launch game was Resogun, which is not anywhere worth the cost of entry.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Sorry to say, but there is one fanbase out there absolutely dedicated to convincing PS4 owners they don't have games to play. You are either one of them or have been successfully trolled by them. The actual number of games do not support the conclusion, though (please see my previous post for further details).

It's not the PS4's fault that you're not being charged full price for a game like Fantavision or Philosoma so you can call it a full retail release like what would happen in previous generations. The quality is still all there, though. In fact, you've probably been handed a few gems if you have PS+.

Frankly with all the games coming out this month, the Playstation event on December 6 and games being pushed back from February to March like Bloodborne has due to too many big game releases around the corner, I have no problem calling this thread for what it is.. One last hurrah before the holiday shopping season kicks off and maybe you can get away with saying "PS4 has no games" before the locals chase you out of town with torches and pitchforks.