Why are people still making the 'In Game XMB' threads?

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
It seems like everyone is freaking out like they arent going to make this feature. Its already in HOME and I believe they implemented it in the Resistance update, if I am not mistaken. Currently it allows access only to your friends list, but thats a start and it proves that it is already a feature that developers just need to implement in the games. Its not something that Sony still needs to program in.

Why is everyone acting like it still hasnt been done yet?

Aug 3, 2007
Because it hasn't been implemented to use FULL in-game XMB. Any game, at any time. Not everyone has access to Home; so idk about that.

Apr 3, 2007
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]It seems like everyone is freaking out like they arent going to make this feature. Its already in HOME and I believe they implemented it in the Resistance update, if I am not mistaken. Currently it allows access only to your friends list, but thats a start and it proves that it is already a feature that developers just need to implement in the games. Its not something that Sony still needs to program in.

Why is everyone acting like it still hasnt been done yet?[/quote]

Spend some time with a 360, and you will understand.

The ps3 is clearly the daddy, but the 360 has proven cross-game network features as an essential inclusion for this generation of consoles.

shug7272

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2005
www.testmy.net
Easy answer to your thread title without even reading it. Because thats what we want, well I want. The ONLY thing missing from the PS3 for ME is custom soundtracks. I want them to quit dicking around and put out what I, a long time Sony supporter and early PS3 adopter, wants. Anyway, thats my fat opinion.

takuya

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2006
www.tupeck.com
[QUOTE="HR1888, post: 0]Why did you make one? Its a pointless thread. :confused:[/quote]
Because I am fed up with people complaining that Sony still hasnt done this, Sony still hasnt done that....people need to enjoy what they have right now and leave it at that. But I guess that my main reason is that people arent blaming the right company for the lack of this feature. Sony has shown that its available for in game access of the XMB and that its up to the developers to get it in their games - so why blame Sony, why write to Sony about it? They know we want it, they already made it possible AND its even in the current firmware (I have access to HOME and I know this for a fact becuase I thought it a great add on feature to the service). Start writing to the devs about it, start talking about what games you want it to be in and how you could use it in said games. Just stop complaining that SONY hasnt done their part yet, because THEY HAVE!

Mana Knight

Elite Member
Dec 22, 2006
Maryland, USA
[QUOTE="shug7272, post: 0]Easy answer to your thread title without even reading it. Because thats what we want, well I want. The ONLY thing missing from the PS3 for ME is custom soundtracks. I want them to quit dicking around and put out what I, a long time Sony supporter and early PS3 adopter, wants. Anyway, thats my fat opinion.[/quote]Creating software to interface with hardware is no easy task, especially things like in-game XMB and custom soundtracks. It's not just assuring every old game works with it, with zero issues, it's a matter of testing many future releases assuring there's no issue. Would you be very happy if Sony implemented it this week, then your console was bricked due to a flaw in the software due to rushing it out? If Sony is going to implement this, I want it done right, not with several issues just to get it out quickly.

I've written software for electronics myself, and I can say it isn't an easy task (it may be easy to get just one thing working by itself, but when you combine software together, fixing/adding something can mess up something else).

T

TheN1Armyguy

STOP ARGUING! Sony already said, and everybody already knows that this is coming in the next update.

mikeghtmare

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="takuya, post: 0]Because I am fed up with people complaining that Sony still hasnt done this, Sony still hasnt done that....people need to enjoy what they have right now and leave it at that. But I guess that my main reason is that people arent blaming the right company for the lack of this feature. Sony has shown that its available for in game access of the XMB and that its up to the developers to get it in their games - so why blame Sony, why write to Sony about it? They know we want it, they already made it possible AND its even in the current firmware (I have access to HOME and I know this for a fact becuase I thought it a great add on feature to the service). Start writing to the devs about it, start talking about what games you want it to be in and how you could use it in said games. Just stop complaining that SONY hasnt done their part yet, because THEY HAVE![/quote]

Yeah, let's all make a thread about something we hate. I'll start by creating a thread about the "1st Post" crap, then move on to many many things I hate, like people making a thread about how much they hate something where NO ONE is forcing them to read the stinking thread. If you don't like the thread just skip on to the next one.
Get a life.

m9105826

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
I personally don't understand it. All the in-game XMB would do is eat up more memory, meaning devs would have access to even less memory because they would always have to allow for the XMB to be tuned on at any time. In-game soundtracks is different from XMB. They could incorporate that without having to tie in the whole **** XMB. I don't need to go onto the internet while I'm playing Resistance, I'm sorry.

m9105826

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
I personally don't understand it. All the in-game XMB would do is eat up more memory, meaning devs would have access to even less memory because they would always have to allow for the XMB to be tuned on at any time. In-game soundtracks is different from XMB. They could incorporate that without having to tie in the whole **** XMB. I don't need to go onto the internet while I'm playing Resistance, I'm sorry.

m9105826

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
JESUS. Sorry to everyone, I swear I only hit the post button once! Ill try to get rid of them...

:EDIT: I can't figure it out. If someone knows how to delete posts, feel free to give me a hand.

Nuttah87

Apprentice
Mar 5, 2007
personaly, in game XMB doesnt matter to me that much, i can do without the custom music too, i need to concentrate while i play

Pandacraft

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2007
[QUOTE="outlawauron, post: 0] Not everyone has access to Home; so idk about that.[/quote]
Everyone who has an online system should have access to home, and i should think that is a large majourity. if they don't have online, it won't matter if they update in game xmb or not, the offline consoles won't ever get it. ;)

shug7272

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2005
www.testmy.net
[QUOTE="Mana Knight, post: 0]Creating software to interface with hardware is no easy task, especially things like in-game XMB and custom soundtracks. It's not just assuring every old game works with it, with zero issues, it's a matter of testing many future releases assuring there's no issue. Would you be very happy if Sony implemented it this week, then your console was bricked due to a flaw in the software due to rushing it out? If Sony is going to implement this, I want it done right, not with several issues just to get it out quickly.

I've written software for electronics myself, and I can say it isn't an easy task (it may be easy to get just one thing working by itself, but when you combine software together, fixing/adding something can mess up something else).[/QUOTE]

I fully understand what you say. I was just answering the op, although they have had well over a year to develope software for a piece of hardware that has been in development for at least the past 3 years.

Mika Mo 25

Super Elite
Sep 25, 2005
Don't make a thread about something you don't like seeing threads about. Just ignore them everyone knows it will be implemented just do not know when.

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Ya kno, I'm so tired of people makin new threads about in game xmb....I got it! I'll make a new thread about in game xmb?...While I'm at it I'm tired of people bring up MGS4 on 360. I'll make a new thread about that too. I'll do it for FF aswell. God, I hate when people make new threads about these things... Lemme go make a new thread about these thing...

I just can't grasp how the human brain work at all. *confused*

emailking

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 0]Sony confirmed that in-game XMB and custom soundtracks will be in the next full update.

Case closed.[/quote]

Absolutely false. They said they are working on a solution. No confirmation of what the solution is. No confirmation of whether there would be a solution at all. Certainly no confirmation of anything at all in the next update (major or otherwise). PSU fabricated all of that to generate hype for their website "getting it to you first."

Jul 21, 2007
Takuya, you are completely mistaken in fact. Those features of the friends list in RFOM and Home are not considered "In-Game Xross Media BAR." It's technically only a FRIENDS tab in the game, not a BAR. Technically, it's In-Game XMT (Xross Media TAB).

In-Game XMB IS coming. It's confirmed. Currently, on the dev kits, there are: Settings, Users, Friends, Game (to eject), Music, (video is missing). Soon, we will most likely see these features on the consumer PS3's.

As for the whole "it's up to the devs to implement it" joke, it's getting really tiresome. The devs here received no documentation on how to implement the bar In-Game, but even just the tab (though this is easy to do.) It seems, Sony has taken the "choice" from us to implement In-Game FULL XMB, and decided to make it mandatory themselves. So, let's all just stop this "it's up to the devs" nonsense once and for all.

Thanks.

solinent

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2006
Whare are people still making "Why are people still making the 'In Game XMB' threads?" threads?

:rolleyes:

Don't complain. People will make these threads regardless of this thread, infact, I will say that most of them probably don't even search (eek) or look at the front page before posting.

shug7272

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2005
www.testmy.net
[QUOTE="HalfLifeDev, post: 0]Takuya, you are completely mistaken in fact. Those features of the friends list in RFOM and Home are not considered "In-Game Xross Media BAR." It's technically only a FRIENDS tab in the game, not a BAR. Technically, it's In-Game XMT (Xross Media TAB).

In-Game XMB IS coming. It's confirmed. Currently, on the dev kits, there are: Settings, Users, Friends, Game (to eject), Music, (video is missing). Soon, we will most likely see these features on the consumer PS3's.

As for the whole "it's up to the devs to implement it" joke, it's getting really tiresome. The devs here received no documentation on how to implement the bar In-Game, but even just the tab (though this is easy to do.) It seems, Sony has taken the "choice" from us to implement In-Game FULL XMB, and decided to make it mandatory themselves. So, let's all just stop this "it's up to the devs" nonsense once and for all.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate that, if you happen to have time to clarify do you mean that settings, users, friends, game, music are on the dev consoles and available in game? I take it that is what you mean, if so great. :)