Why can't we get another installment in the Chrono series?

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
I'm sure alot of people on here remember the excellent game that was Chrono Trigger. The great time travelling game on SNES. It was the definition of good original gameplay. We've only got ONE sequel in Chrono Cross. And I've been wondering forever why SE never bothered to wipe off the dust here because there seems to be a lot to work with.

I mean, is this really the problem with SE that they don't realize that they had a great product and won't bother to re open the series outside of DS port a few years ago? Are they focusing too much on FF games? I know that if they announced a new Chrono game that the internet would go CRAZY! So why can't we get an announcement?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Well, if it does happen, I hope it's more like Chrono Cross. I'm one of the few gamers that liked it more than the original.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 5735408]Well, if it does happen, I hope it's more like Chrono Cross. I'm one of the few gamers that liked it more than the original.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. A lot of people probably would, but I played Crono Trigger for the first time AFTER I had played Chrono Cross and in the BEGINNING of this generation and was still completely blown away.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Not too sure really. If another Chrono game were to be released, I'd probably be more excited than I am over Final Fantasy releases. Chrono Trigger is an absolutely amazing game. In fact, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about playing it for a third time. If they ever do release a new one though, I certainly hope it's more like Chrono Trigger instead of Chrono Cross. To be honest, Chrono Cross didn't impress me all too much. Sure, I enjoyed it, and the game must have been better than I think since I took the time to do everything, but it doesn't compare to the first game. While I would love a new addition to the series, I won't be holding my breath.
-FatesServant

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Cloudie, post: 5735448]Because rpgs not called Final Fantasy don't sell?[/QUOTE]

That's 100% untrue, if they announced a brand new Chrono game the internet would go crazy and I know it can sell a few mil ~Guranteed

[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5735533]They never bothered to bring them to Europe and I never got a chance to play them.[/QUOTE]

You should download Chrono Trigger somewhere and play it, you'll kick yourself for missing out on this gem.

[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5735568]Been waiting on a sequel for a while now. Practically gave up on it.[/QUOTE]

I've mostly given up too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a announcedment from SE either. They said if enough interest came after the release on DS then they'll consider it.

When I think about it, I don't like all the over FFing there doing and not try and bring back a series like this.