Why China is Bad for the Global Economy

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Inzane2050, post: 5778797]Bigdoggy~

Calm down, bro. Anyways, Cindy Crawford furniture is all American-made. And it looks like the Chinese-made furniture you posted is actually of a higher listed price @ $2300. $2000<$2300. I guess that settles that.

And sorry you couldn't find any decent prices for USA-made furniture at the time.[/QUOTE]

o_O $1,966.00 - $2,078.00 It's not the fact the prices at that time. it comes down to stupid business decisions blended in by the federal for any prices that are "mad in the USA". The "Cindy Crawford" line of furniture, that section that is selling for $1,999 "made in the USA" should actually be less then $1,000. Witht he quality of the product line and the horrible reviews it's getting of this breaking off after only a few days shows this furniture shouldn't even be sold, maybe $200 at the most. yuck!

here is USA made furniture from the same place....

http://www.homefurnitureshowroom.co...g1027055.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

http://www.homefurnitureshowroom.co...g1024502.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

there is worse though, Scandinavian products have a markup of 1000% in terms Tables, chairs, furniture.

My entire point is, is it's so easy for China to sell stuff because there stuff is always going to be cheaper then America or other places. The Federal made it this way.

if you had to pick between two items that are the same which would you pick.

-The statue made in china is $5.00 and it will break within 5 months

-The statue made in America is $25.00 and it will break within 5 months.

which would you buy.

Last edited:

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 5779214]o_O $1,966.00 - $2,078.00 It's not the fact the prices at that time. it comes down to stupid business decisions blended in by the federal for any prices that are "mad in the USA". The "Cindy Crawford" line of furniture, that section that is selling for $1,999 "made in the USA" should actually be less then $1,000. Witht he quality of the product line and the horrible reviews it's getting of this breaking off after only a few days shows this furniture shouldn't even be sold, maybe $200 at the most. yuck!

http://www.homefurnitureshowroom.co...g1027055.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

http://www.homefurnitureshowroom.co...g1024502.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

there is worse though, Scandinavian products have a markup of 1000% in terms Tables, chairs, furniture.

My entire point is, is it's so easy for China to sell stuff because there stuff is always going to be cheaper then America or other places. The Federal made it this way.

which would you buy.
[/QUOTE]

Ikea lol.

Inzane2050

Super Elite
Jun 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 5779214]o_O $1,966.00 - $2,078.00 It's not the fact the prices at that time. it comes down to stupid business decisions blended in by the federal for any prices that are "mad in the USA". The "Cindy Crawford" line of furniture, that section that is selling for $1,999 "made in the USA" should actually be less then $1,000. Witht he quality of the product line and the horrible reviews it's getting of this breaking off after only a few days shows this furniture shouldn't even be sold, maybe $200 at the most. yuck!

which would you buy.
[/QUOTE]

Your personal opinion in quality is noted.; nothing wrong with the materials. But if you didn't feel the furniture you listed was of comparable value with the furniture I listed, then why did you list it?... American furniture is not 5x more expensive as you keep making up; in fact it is cheaper with what you have demonstrated for me. Very peculiar.

And you need to understand that some brands as you just listed like to overprice. It's Cadillac vs Chevy. Nothing new. So you can throw this "Thayer Coggin 2 piece Carlton Sectional designed by Ransom Culler" furniture out the window. That aside, statues will break if you break them; not a fitting analogy, not that I get I don't get what you are saying.

To add, reviewers are never credible. They never have been.

America didn't make it this way; nobody held a gun to China's head and said to depreciate their dollar and to underpay and enslave their employees.

Last edited:

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Inzane2050, post: 5779278]Your personal opinion in quality is noted.; nothing wrong with the materials. But if you didn't feel the furniture you listed was of comparable value with the furniture I listed, then why did you list it?... American furniture is not 5x more expensive as you keep making up; in fact it is cheaper with what you have demonstrated for me. Very peculiar.

And you need to understand that some brands as you just listed like to overprice. It's Cadillac vs Chevy. Nothing new. So you can throw this "Thayer Coggin 2 piece Carlton Sectional designed by Ransom Culler" furniture out the window. That aside, statues will break if you break them; not a fitting analogy, not that I get I don't get what you are saying.

To add, reviewers are never credible. They never have been.

America didn't make it this way; nobody held a gun to China's head and said to depreciate their dollar and to underpay and enslave their employees.[/QUOTE]

China, Brazil, Mexico, Japan. Those four countries are very common with the basis of selling stuff in America. Businesses leave the United states and go in either of those places to make their product/goods. Taxes and inflation = Federal. Ever since the FED started we had nothing but problems. Once the FED started getting bigger more problems occured for normal workers as even more so on multi million dollar businesses. United States did a good job in making sure a lot of companies move to other countries.

put it this way, Chevy, Cadillac, FORD, GMC. then you have Guitars, drums, basically any instrument USA made = more expensive. Tools, again USA = more expensive. It's how everything in America works, the federal is definitely at fault for inflation ever since the Federal started which inflation began. I'll bet you anything that my Sofa made in China is a lot better of quality then that Cindy Crawford line. so which would I buy, a celeb named sectional or a sectional made in china within the same cost, definitely china. then again you look at the product before you buy it. If I wanted the same sectional but of higher quality and more polish on the frame, EXPECT to pay a few thousand more for it.

People still believe HD is American and 90% of those parts on the bike came from the china, Mexico, Brazil o_O It's not just China though, Mexico is playing a part in all this and there lines of products are getting bigger in America because again it's cheaper. Guitars made in Mexico are cheaper, a Fender made in the USA is A LOT more expensive Vs, a Fender Guitar made in Mexico. Gibson Guitars, USA very expensive, Fender USA = Expensive. again the fact other guitar makers are based in china and cheaper, or based in mexico and are cheaper.

I am sure there is some reasonable stores that deal with just "made in the USA" products/goods or whatever, but they are very few.

Last edited:

Inzane2050

Super Elite
Jun 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
Bigdoggy said:
As for listing it, you said "list the same thing but made in china with the same price" I did just as you asked
I said of comparable value, not price. So don't twist me words and then tell me I'm "wishy-washy."
Inzane2050 said:
But if you didn't feel the furniture you listed was of comparable value with the furniture I listed, then why did you list it?...
And again, reviewers aren't anything to go by. Nor is the hyperbole you listed that is the high-end brand set piece designed by Ransom Culler.
And I'm sorry you have had bad luck in stores with finding reasonable American furtinure for your family.

You have to understand that it is not America nor the rest of the world that is over-inflated; China is simply not properly appreciating their dollar. All of the world knows this as well as being full aware of the outright slavery that the Chinese workforce endures.

Lastly, Ford and Chevy cars are no more expensive than the Japanese cars. You may simply not be a good shopper if you came to this misconception.

Last edited:

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Inzane2050, post: 5779357]I said of comparable value, not price. So don't twist me words and then tell me I'm "wishy-washy."

And again, reviewers aren't anything to go by. Nor is the hyperbole you listed that is the high-end brand set piece designed by Ransom Culler.
And I'm sorry you have had bad luck in stores with finding reasonable American furtinure for your family.

You have to understand that it is not America nor the rest of the world that is over-inflated; China is simply not properly appreciating their dollar. All of the world knows this as well as being full aware of the outright slavery that the Chinese workforce endures.

Lastly, Ford and Chevy cars are no more expensive than the Japanese cars. You may simply not be a good shopper if you came to this misconception.[/QUOTE]

FORD and chevy are more expensive compared to HONDA and Toyota, it's a FACT and the evidence is in the dealerships, for pete sakes.

Are you kidding me. You are going to sit right there and tell me that America is NOT over inflated? yea....right. It's that type of mindset to why we have been over inflated in the first freakin place. It's that mindset that keeps getting the USA in the shit that it currently is in. oh mygod.

Last edited:

Inzane2050

Super Elite
Jun 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
Again, it's not more expensive. You only think they are, but as you can see:
Both American-sold Hondas and Fords are made in America tho, I wanted to point out.

And America is indeed not very over-inflated tho the Chinese dollar is very much under-appreciated. This is known worldwide, especially the cheating Chinese has done with their dollar. And not just America; but Europe, Brazil, etc, have all been proven to struggle to compete with China as they are cheating in regards to the world economy as my article had shown.

So all in all, I think I've made my point now so I'll leave this at that.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
Keep in mind that the chinese people won't work for a penny forever.
When germany became too expensive for some companies they moved to poland then to india, to china - east east east.
One day they'll end up where they started :lol:

Oh and a good product will always be worth it's (higher) price.
Germany's products aren't cheap but we're the export champion.

So no, im not mad at china... they play their game, we play ours.

Last edited:

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 5779341]China, Brazil, Mexico, Japan. Those four countries are very common with the basis of selling stuff in America. Businesses leave the United states and go in either of those places to make their product/goods. Taxes and inflation = Federal. Ever since the FED started we had nothing but problems. Once the FED started getting bigger more problems occured for normal workers as even more so on multi million dollar businesses. United States did a good job in making sure a lot of companies move to other countries.

put it this way, Chevy, Cadillac, FORD, GMC. then you have Guitars, drums, basically any instrument USA made = more expensive. Tools, again USA = more expensive. It's how everything in America works, the federal is definitely at fault for inflation ever since the Federal started which inflation began. I'll bet you anything that my Sofa made in China is a lot better of quality then that Cindy Crawford line. so which would I buy, a celeb named sectional or a sectional made in china within the same cost, definitely china. then again you look at the product before you buy it. If I wanted the same sectional but of higher quality and more polish on the frame, EXPECT to pay a few thousand more for it.

People still believe HD is American and 90% of those parts on the bike came from the china, Mexico, Brazil o_O It's not just China though, Mexico is playing a part in all this and there lines of products are getting bigger in America because again it's cheaper. Guitars made in Mexico are cheaper, a Fender made in the USA is A LOT more expensive Vs, a Fender Guitar made in Mexico. Gibson Guitars, USA very expensive, Fender USA = Expensive. again the fact other guitar makers are based in china and cheaper, or based in mexico and are cheaper.

I am sure there is some reasonable stores that deal with just "made in the USA" products/goods or whatever, but they are very few.[/QUOTE]

When you get into brands like Gibson and ford etc. You are paying for more than the physical product. The Les Paul Gibson for example is popular among musicians and rockers. Buying that guitar also has the symbolic meaning of rockstar. Your buying the guitar as well as the life style it represents. Peavy makes great guitars, but don't have icon symbolism attached. Same thing with cars, your buying the lifestyle you see in the ads. All the truck companies try to out-rugged each other. You buy the green movement ideas as well as the idea that you are helping the environment when you buy a prius. In fact, buying American has inherent value and basically is the base for this thread. It's not the fact it's made in America or china that gives something value, it's the percieved quality and mythos of the object which gives it value.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="btbam, post: 5779885]When you get into brands like Gibson and ford etc. You are paying for more than the physical product. The Les Paul Gibson for example is popular among musicians and rockers. Buying that guitar also has the symbolic meaning of rockstar. Your buying the guitar as well as the life style it represents. Peavy makes great guitars, but don't have icon symbolism attached. Same thing with cars, your buying the lifestyle you see in the ads. All the truck companies try to out-rugged each other. You buy the green movement ideas as well as the idea that you are helping the environment when you buy a prius. In fact, buying American has inherent value and basically is the base for this thread. It's not the fact it's made in America or china that gives something value, it's the percieved quality and mythos of the object which gives it value.[/QUOTE]

Peavey also doesn't have the sustain that Gibson has on there guitars. doesn't mean anything quality over exaggerated prices are huge in the United states and exaggerated prices are actually based on American companies and the fact that Dollar is being devalued more and more because of the federal. When you have companies basing certain factories in China because the parts are cheaper, it should be clear what that says about America and the prices for said parts or the price to create said part. it's really all rolled up into one big gaint cluster of a mess.

more companies decided to base there companies in china around the year 2000, the big inflation hike didn't happen until around 2 or 3 years before that, after that it started an downhill fall on the prices of everything going up even more to what it should be, so the timing is perfect and shows where something went wrong.

Last edited: