why doesnt Sony release the Boomerang

Dec 3, 2006
I doubt enough people want it, it's gonna cost Sony a lot to begin production on that controller after it was in no production whatsoever, and then there's the whole marketing bill, I think Sony needs to get HOME out first before they begin to think about anything else right now...

Apr 25, 2007
Eugene, OR
it's funny when they first showed it people were so disgusted by it that they went back to the dualshock i wished they would have released just to see what it was like but the dualshock is really nice anyways

B

Bakudannar

People clamored for the dualshock and they got it. I wanted to check out the 'rang as well, but that concept ps3-mote looks beastly haha.

Jul 17, 2008
when i first saw the boomerang it almost made me not buy a ps3 im glad they didnt release it at launch with the system like they were going to. It looked so awkward and uncomfortable to play with. Id rather stick to the classic then have to get used to a new controller that i dont even like. But i guess if enough people want it why not release it.

Jul 20, 2008
im pretty sure they will not release it because they are probably worried about people throwing their boomerang controller as you would if you were winning a online game of fifa and suddenly you get disconnected so in frustration you let it fly with its new aero dynamics it finds the nearest window hitting your next door neighbour in the back of the head .... :) also a controller is the same price of a game in aus so you quickly learn to keep your cool

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
It would cost way to much to produce at this time. I'd like to hold one but it seems like it would be way to damn awkward for gaming in pictures.

no1kevlin

Beware the Bomb-Head!
Mar 16, 2008
I think there is zero chance of a Sony boomerang coming out now as everyone is fine with the DS3 now and it would cost them silly money to go with a second official controller.

Anyone who really has a need for a silly shaped controller is catered for by many 3rd party controllers so if you must (really?) you can buy one of those.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Thought they didn't release it because it received such negative feed back leading up to the release of the PS3.

Wouldn't mind having a look at one myself.

eeyore151

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 0]I've always wanted to hold it....just once....[/quote]

Exactly.

Plus I wouldn't mind having one just as a collectible.

UberNerD20

Elite Guru
Jan 2, 2008
steamcommunity.com
yeah i would pass on this, i think it is a really stupid concept, though on the other hand, i wonder if they want to make it so when you get pissed at a game and do the controller toss, it comes back to you before it hits the wall.

nimbuscloud

Superior Member
Jul 27, 2008
I think they were going for an ergonimic steering wheel type of feel. It would probably be easier to use l1 and l2 buttons tho....
I only use one finger for the triggers
any one use a finger for each button?
like all four triggers at once ?????

Vlaun

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2008
www.playfire.com
Hey, who knows. The boomerang controller might make a comeback as the DS4 for the PS4 or something. I was looking forward to using it when it made its first appearance. I found the complaints a little silly when people were complaining about it. They did not even hold it yet and they were already saying it was bad. If Sony at least made the boomerang controller as a limited time offer or something I would gladly buy one. Preferably a black one with glossed buttons, like the PSP. That would be really cool. ^_^

terminator12259

Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2007
i think they forgot about it, i personally dont like it. they just developed a new controller which kinda tells you they arent worried about the boomerang at the moment

Jun 15, 2008
They dont release it because theres not enoguh people that would have it. A lot more people prefer the DS3 to it and it just doesnt look good.

XSpike_SpiegelC

Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2006
I think its funny they people always say that they "prefer" the DS3, or think that the DS3 is more comfortable. I mean, yes, it looks different, but do you think they would really release a controller that was not as good as the previous ones? I am sure it went through testing and such to make sure it was good. Because if you just let your hands rest, and relax them, you can actually see where that controller would fit in better than the DS3.

But i could be wrong and it just came out of the head of that crazy Kaz.......

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
That controller would probably be the worst one ever produced. Looks extremely uncomfortable. DualShock is my favorite controller ever followed by the 64 controller (after you got used to it). Thank god they never released the boomerang thing with the PS3.

kidd0218

Master Poster
Oct 21, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
[QUOTE="edward_moffet, post: 0]it's funny when they first showed it people were so disgusted by it that they went back to the dualshock i wished they would have released just to see what it was like but the dualshock is really nice anyways[/quote]

I was one of those people who were disgusted by that controller. I remember seeing it in a magazine and in a site and said "that is one fugly controller". I'm glad they didnt release it, I'm happy with my DS3, just the way it is..

Insanehead

Forum Guru
Jun 1, 2007
[QUOTE="HowlBridges, post: 0]seems like ALOT of people want it so whats the holdup?
I know I would like one[/quote]

ALOT?

Since when there was such demand for the Boomerang/Banana controller?

It was just ugly and did not suit the PS3 anyway.

Let's just leave it alone and move on.

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
i wish first parties would make a range of controllers to suit all hands. i mean the amount of difference in hand size and shapes yet theres only 1 controller to suit for each console is crazy. personally id like more analogue movement from the L2/R2 buttons and off centred analogue sticks like the 360 has as it suits my play style so much better