Why Sony why ?????

Gunner

Apprentice
Nov 19, 2007
I cant understand why Sony still has not released the sixaxis bowling game on the European network . i mean its not like a Bluray game which requires a region specific marketing campaign and distribution outllets etc . All they have to do is put it up on the PSN and let us spend money to buy it .

I can understand a 1 week delay or so , to make sure it is bugfree etc before offering it for sale on other regions but its been ages , furthermore i have heard mainly great things about it . I know that bowling is far more popular in the USA compared to Europe , but even if it sells less units i dont see much of a downside for Sony .

Y

Yip-Man

I want both, actually will keep the misses happy as well, as she likes the look of both Bowling and pain. give her something to do other than water her turnips in animal crossing !

Calabrese

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2007
Its not just Sony's fault. To release any media, it needs to get a age certificate, but for Europe this needs to be done for every single country as there isn't a European standard, and obviously the translation needs to be done aswell. Its alot of work. Sony knows that they would make money from this game, so they are not holding back out of choice. I still want to get hold of Pain, but I can wait, it will turn up eventually.

C

coolg35748

Hey, atleast you can use the PSN... I live in southern us and 'I have dial-up therefore I can't even play online. In march I can though.. Be glad you can play online and think about us that have dial-up X.x

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Yes it takes time, but you can still get them from the US PSN if you are in a hurry.

I was in a hurry and that's why I got them both in Christmas from the US PSN.

And to be honest with the price of the dollar at the moment I prefer getting them from the US store anyway since its cheaper. ;)

Jun 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Gunner, post: 0]I cant understand why Sony still has not released the sixaxis bowling game on the European network . i mean its not like a Bluray game which requires a region specific marketing campaign and distribution outllets etc . All they have to do is put it up on the PSN and let us spend money to buy it .

I can understand a 1 week delay or so , to make sure it is bugfree etc before offering it for sale on other regions but its been ages , furthermore i have heard mainly great things about it . I know that bowling is far more popular in the USA compared to Europe , but even if it sells less units i dont see much of a downside for Sony .[/quote]

I down loaded both last night and the bowling is superb. Its the first game that you really think that the six axsis actually works properly and isn't just an after thought like most the games which have tried to utilise it.

It runs in full 1080p which is a bonus and makes Wii bowling look even more dated than it actually is!!!

I managed to purchase these from the US store buy registering for an EntroPay card which which is like a virtual Visa card which you top with dollars and the US store will recognise it. I had been going mad trying to get my C/C's to work until I heard of this method from another forum member.