Why Sony will win 2007 E3!

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
With E3 around the corner a lot of threads have popped up on what Sony will bring to E3 but little has been mentioned about MS and Nitty? So I though it would be good to chat about what all three might bring and their overall “theme”. Here is what I think will be presented and a brief show “theme” they would want the media to publish:

Sony:

“Were back: Return of the King”.

MS:

“XBL rules and we offer the best new games”.

Nitty:

“The Wii and the DS offer all the fun any gamer could ask for.”

All three will undoubtedly focus on upcoming exclusive games and will try to convince the audience that their offering is superior. Expect all three to show new exclusive projects that have never been seen before?

Here is a rundown on possible game related and other hardware announcements:

Sony:

· Eye Toy 3 (pretty much confirmed)
· SIXAXIS rumble (high level of confidence of this announcement).
· Home: More that likely Sony will briefly cover this and could possibly make some new Home announcements?
· Cross functionality of the PS3 and PSP (“take the power of the PS3 on the road with you PSP”).
· The power of the PS3 and Folding @ Home: The PS3 has had an earth shattering impact on this project and has received positive press coverage on a limited basis. The message would be two fold:
1. Confirmation of real life proof of Cell technology.
2. Sony cares and so does it fanbase.
Btw: Our [email protected] team is currently having a fold-a-thon (July 4th) and would greatly appreciate your participation.:D Thanks to all that have already signed up!
· New offerings to the SPN store or a total re-design of the GUI?
· PS3 to come in new colors? (rumor)
· PS3 price drop (extremely doubtful as if a price drop was coming this year more than likely this would be announced at TSG like the Japan price drop was last year).

MS:

· XBL enhancements (could be more enhancements related to cross functionality between the 360 and Vista). This could also include new content to their store?
· Price drop?
· MS to release their first hand held?
· MS to come out with their version of motion control??

Nitty:

· Third party development house now on board?
· New in game elements added to the Wiimote? IMO Nitty would like to answer critics that say the fun of the Wiimote will wear off leaving their product a “dust collector” soon after it’s purchased.

This thread in purely speculative and is indented to solicit feedback and other ideas for our forum membership. So what are your thoughts?

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
-I think MS will announce another exclusive taken away from the PS3, but it will be in a genre that isn't all that new. That, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and a new handheld will be the main focus

-I think Sony will show off Killzone 2, the new Sucker Punch game, and show off the new Eyetoy functionality. They will also show a new game that will break into yet a new genre, and focus on Game 3.0

-Not sure what Nintendo will do...

All in all, Sony will be separating themselves further by showing true innovations in gaming, and show us more of Game 3.0.

MS will refine Live a bit more but show more of the same old, same old stuff for the 360. They will brag about another exclusive being taken from the PS3, but won't offer much in terms of something new themselves. It will be impressive eye candy but won't be pushing things much. None 360 wise, they will probably announce a handheld, which will be the main focus for MS besides Halo 3. Please show us something from Rare to change my mind... Not just Mass Effect, Halo 3, Alan Wake, and Bioshock.

Nintendo will show more Mario Galaxy.

Brian

A

Arsenal4Ever

ive said too many things on other threads, all i can say is e32007= sony is back in action

simple,short and sweet

T

TzarChasm

Sony will bring pwnage.
Microsoft will bring money.
Nintendo will bring...well, they're um...Nintendo. So they'll bring toys or something.

Clover09

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sony: Game lineup announcements: Killzone,Eight Days, The Getaway, White Knight Story, etc.
Suprises: Maybe a teaser of the second installment of Resistance, next gen. old school games like Jak and Dax, Crash Bandicoot for PS3.
New features: ??????
Only E3 will tell.

LaOMaN

Elite Guru
Mar 15, 2006
sony = ffxiii white knight story and some new rpgs in works
ms = blue dragon trusty bell lost oddessy and some new rpgs in works
nintendo = super smash bros . ( i want to see how you can play snake) super mario galaxy.

thats about it.

rukusa

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
Im not keeping my eye on the competition that much.

BUT; I think Sony will release demos of, some of the showcased E3 games on PSN after E3 of course. That would be ****ing sweet all the way through.

LaOMaN

Elite Guru
Mar 15, 2006
[QUOTE="rukusa, post: 0]Im not keeping my eye on the competition that much.

BUT; I think Sony will release demos of, some of the showcased E3 games on PSN after E3 of course. That would be ****ing sweet all the way through.[/QUOTE]

ms did that last year. so im sure sony will do it

Clover09

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2007
[QUOTE="Fangrim, post: 0]Question (a bit off-topic):

When is the PS3 EyeToy schedules for release, and is there a price tag on it?[/QUOTE]

Don't know what day, but it is this month.

BlindSight

Forum Guru
Sep 26, 2006
Sony: Killzone w/ damn good graphics, new info about Home, Rumble Controller, juicy new MGS4 and LBP info. Eyetoy.

MS: Halo 3. New games to add variety to their library. Some new Xbox live feature.. Trailers of their best games.

Nintendo: Cute little games. Maybe one or two decent action/shooter games to add variety to their library. Super Smash Brothers extravaganza!

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="ps3power, post: 0]-I think MS will announce another exclusive taken away from the PS3, but it will be in a genre that isn't all that new. That, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and a new handheld will be the main focus

-I think Sony will show off Killzone 2, the new Sucker Punch game, and show off the new Eyetoy functionality. They will also show a new game that will break into yet a new genre, and focus on Game 3.0

-Not sure what Nintendo will do...

All in all, Sony will be separating themselves further by showing true innovations in gaming, and show us more of Game 3.0.

MS will refine Live a bit more but show more of the same old, same old stuff for the 360. They will brag about another exclusive being taken from the PS3, but won't offer much in terms of something new themselves. It will be impressive eye candy but won't be pushing things much. None 360 wise, they will probably announce a handheld, which will be the main focus for MS besides Halo 3. Please show us something from Rare to change my mind... Not just Mass Effect, Halo 3, Alan Wake, and Bioshock.

Nintendo will show more Mario Galaxy.

Brian[/quote]

No question in my mind that Sony has an impressive arsenal of goodies to show off at E3. I would expect MS to re-affirm their current position and Nitty just saying what a wonderful year they are having and here is the latest screen shots of our tried and true franchises everyone loves.

As many here in this forum I would expect Sony to take this event, but stranger things have happened. Unfortunately the press will play a big role in this and we know how that has been going the last two years!

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Hmmm lets see....
Sony: FFXIII/XIII VERSUS, White knight story(YESS, sorry =) KZ2 of course. MGS4(hopefully putting to rest exclusive or not) Soul Caliber 4?, I'd love to know WTF Afrika realy is?? LBP =], socom confrontation/4. PS store upgrades. Linux full access to the rsx & cell(i know, i can dream right? =)I'm sure there will be more but thats what I wanna see from Sony.

Microsoft: uhhh...maybe they'll anounce news on a GeOW2? again put to rest rumors of 360 MGS4 (If they don't mention it here, chances are they aren't gettin it). For 360 owners, hopefuly they man up and accept the fact their hardware is fauly n have a fix?, maybe that fix will be the announcement of XBOX-362 lmao jus playing. I'm curiosus to see what they got planned. Possible price drop (Sony WILL follow is MS acts first here. If MS doesn't its 50/50 w/ sony i think)

Nintendo: Finaly having online multi-player games? other then pokemon lol I do want to see FF Crystal Cronicles. I Enjoyed the original. other then that.....uh...I'd love to see another Luigi's Mansion now that I think about it =] or maybe a 4player (online perhaps) Ghostbusters would rock. Nothin else really comes to mind. least as of now.

On a side note:
Id love for Sega to work on a "Current Gen" PSO WITH an offline splitscreen 4-player option. Didnt get the last version due to this being missing.

HAHA Sony drops 989 n picks up 2K Sports. Wouldnt THAT rock. or better yet, join the 2. 2k work on all basics/gameplay/gfx etc, drop 24/7 and 989 works on the story mode. =) Could be a slight jab in MSs direction. Ahh I like how I think lol.
Whatever happens at E3, all I know is Its taking forever to get here. If I didn't have much of a life. Id pull a Rip Van Winkle. Wake me up when E3 starts. Sometimes having a life ouside of games is highly overrated. LMAO

A

Azure

Sony admits high price is a struggle but does nothing.

Talks about firmware and home that will make it better than XBL by the end of 2007, shows killzone behind closed doors to paid lobbyists. Talks about Blu-Ray uptake thanks to the PS3. Shows us Lair footage we have seen already and thanks us for our time then disappears.

That is more likely to be the outcome imo.

Organic_Shadow

Pots n' Pans Robot
May 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I still think M$ will be doing a lot of "we are still better than Sony" type talking, like they did plenty of times before. I wonder how many temporary tattoos their old corporate guys trying to be "hip" are going to have.

Nintendo will probably do the same thing. I personally hope they do some back pedaling and try to convince everyone that the games haven't dried up until xmas. I bought a Wii and don't play it because there isn't anything out except party games. I don't have any interest in Nintendo's first party games, so the 3rd party stuff is gonna need to bring the thunder or else I will get rid of it, or demote it to the bed room.

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Azure, post: 0]Sony admits high price is a struggle but does nothing.

Talks about firmware and home that will make it better than XBL by the end of 2007, shows killzone behind closed doors to paid lobbyists. Talks about Blu-Ray uptake thanks to the PS3. Shows us Lair footage we have seen already and thanks us for our time then disappears.

That is more likely to be the outcome imo.[/quote]

Ok so Sony going to start the show off saying that they are having problems with the current price point of the PS3? So I guess that MS is going to come out and admit that they have a serious quality problem that would like to fix but it would hurt their bottom line too much to fix in a time period that they are suppose to show stockholders a profit? This could only be followed by a Nitty announcement that they really don’t have anything new for the Wii except worn out and aging franchise games?:rolleyes:

This is E3 and this event alone sets the stage for retail strategies for the upcoming fall and holiday buying season, the peak sale season of this industry. Just because the show was scaled down does not mean the impact of this event has.;)

A

Arsenal4Ever

[QUOTE="TzarChasm, post: 0]Sony will bring pwnage.
Microsoft will bring money.
Nintendo will bring...well, they're um...Nintendo. So they'll bring toys or something.[/quote]

:DD:mrgreen::p:D so funny, thats what they are good for baby games, pokemon and mario that is all.

Microsoft are *******s, we all know it

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="CivicFox, post: 0]does anyone think microsoft going to overflow e3 with fud? assuming killzone delivers of course.[/quote]

I have yet to hear of an event that MS executives did not bash the competition while praising their product. Hell I wouldn’t put it past them to brag how they are managing to buy Sony exclusives! However I would not be surprised if they shared a little of their competitive love with Nitty and the Wii this time around either. :lol::lol:

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="supertight, post: 1618944]I heard Nintendo hired Fisher Price to design there booth.....LOL[/quote]

This was just too funny +rep for the laugh.

A

Arsenal4Ever

sony shouldnt even decuct the price till late 2008, as the machine is just too much if only the average gamer knew what was packed inside this box they wont be complaining about a prive drop

May 20, 2007
Sony will have a much better E3 now that Kutaragi is out of the picture. I have a feeling they are getting prepped for a massive attack on the scene. Most of the truly innovative stuff will come from them.

Microsoft will deliver more of the same, but I hope there is word on more of the RPGs. They will also bring out a bunch more shooters and sports games.

Nintendo probably won't take this as seriously. Maybe Hannah Montana Wii? We should expect something like this - "We ARE innovative. Good graphics ruin the game."