Why Vita criticisms are premature

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5825406]I love my Vita. PERIOD.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. It's only gonna get better too.

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
Of course they're premature. However, Sony need to start putting the foot on the gas. Hopefully E3 will show me what I've got to look forward to.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I use my PS Vita every single night in bed. I would play my PSP maybe once a week.

I think the Vita will eventually be listed as the best hand held of all time in a few years.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
It's out and on the market place, and not doing great. All criticism is warranted.

Edit. What I'm trying to say is that once a product is out one should be free to criticise as much as one desires.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5825442]I use my PS Vita every single night in bed. I would play my PSP maybe once a week.

I think the Vita will eventually be listed as the best hand held of all time in a few years.[/QUOTE]

Is your Vita better than your wife in bed? :snicker

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 5825527]Is your Vita better than your wife in bed? :snicker[/QUOTE]

I have my 6th child due in September. What does that tell you? :)

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5825540]I have my 6th child due in September. What does that tell you? :)[/QUOTE]

It tells me you still got ways to go... I have 9!!!! :)

(and she's still skinny!!!!)

R3D you are aware the Vita has dual cams right? Loll

Sep 20, 2008
In a world far far away
I like it but yeah its really hard to buy physical games like Modnation Racers or Unit 13 like I want to buy them in store rather than online or even to download won't be able to trade them in if I hate them and well delivery I can't be arsed to wait. Its too expensive the games really need to be £25 like the PSP but too late.

...Belfast? City Centre? I know Game almost-ed died whenever Nintendo's products had a financial heart attack but geez Tesco or even HMV which apparently focuses in games and isn't in much hot water as game.

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
Ill take my Vita over PSP or 3DS any day, and the games are only going to get better as time goes on. I just wish they would hurry up and announce the games already. stupid E3 being in june.....

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Vita Criticism are premature. I think people were expecting it to be SUPER DUPPER AWESOME AMAZINGGGG, when all they got was "Good, but their needs to be more games". It's a DAMN GOOD system, there's no doubt about that, and with titles like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Mortal Kombat, Rayman Origins, and hell, ill even through in Dynasty Warriors NEXT, it actually does have a pretty alright collection of games.

If we are still talking about how the Vita "Could" be great 365 days from now, I think INSANE criticism is deserved on Sony's part. But for now, people should just chill, play their Vitas, and judge whats to come.

The system just launched a few months ago people. Don't let me bring up the PS3's launch.. AHEM. haha

May 17, 2012
can someone please tell me the whole point of the vita honestly i have no idea its a overprices version of the first psp what its got a hd screen so does the first one thats he japanese version thats cheaper it uses cartrige games just like the old one what is the deal smaller? cant be by much and if it is is it automatically better?????????? see psp go had some point you didnt need game disc's it was all downloaded that has a point because changing game all the time can be irritating if you cannot find one so once again WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS!!!!

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="drbeeper01, post: 5828928]can someone please tell me the whole point of the vita honestly i have no idea its a overprices version of the first psp what its got a hd screen so does the first one thats he japanese version thats cheaper it uses cartrige games just like the old one what is the deal smaller? cant be by much and if it is is it automatically better?????????? see psp go had some point you didnt need game disc's it was all downloaded that has a point because changing game all the time can be irritating if you cannot find one so once again WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS!!!![/QUOTE]You know you can also download the games straight on the vita....right? Vita AND PSP games that is!!!

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 5830653]You obviously don't own a Vita lol. It's everything the PSP GO and PSP is, Plus better hardware.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly. Vita is just an amazing machine, and so far great.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Sony have also said they already have many plans in the pipeline for added functionality via FW updates, and said that in 6 months, 1 year, 3 years time the Vita will be a different device than what it is now at launch.

johnodd4

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2010
Kent wa
web.me.com
Actually i feel that all the device removes on the vita are bull people saying dont get 3g get wifi only but remember something if the game supports 3g only then what are you going to do huh and there saying we want more stuff but they have to build a firmware update to add stuff so cool your underpants down and relax and wait the vita should do some amazing stuff later this year

Hopefully>>

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="johnodd4, post: 5834037]Actually i feel that all the device removes on the vita are bull people saying dont get 3g get wifi only but remember something if the game supports 3g only then what are you going to do huh and there saying we want more stuff but they have to build a firmware update to add stuff so cool your underpants down and relax and wait the vita should do some amazing stuff later this year

Hopefully>>[/QUOTE]

It was always clear to me that the extra €50 for the 3G version was really a minor and trivial investment for the added tech. As Sony said, the Vita's functionality will change with FW updates but there are no hardware updates! I wanted the version with the most features and for those lucky enough to live in the EU, we have Vita's that aren't sim locked. When the functionality arrives I will pick me up a nice lil uncapped data sim for my Vita. :D