Wii in 2008!

Oct 19, 2006
I Just wonder, with the PS3 haveing a big amount of BIG games in 2008 (Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, Final Fantasy XIII, White knight Story, Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill 5, GTA IV and ofcourse Playstation Home)

What BIG games is there for Wii in 2008?

I know about Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. But they wont be enough.

So say every game you know about that is gonna be released in 2008 on Wii.

Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]Some PS2 ports, Also Mario.

Mario Kart
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
bully scholarship edition
No More heroes
Monster hunter 3
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Fatal Frame 4
Okami
Sadness
Spore(YES!)
Timeplitters 4[/quote]

The only games that interest me is Mario kart, SSBB, Monster Hunter and how Okami is converted to Wii. The rest is only poor ports and not so promising games. Fatal Frame 4 and TimeSplitters is probably coming to PS3 as well.

Isnt that any more games in 2008 on Wii that is annonced. If there arnt, then Nintendo is REALLY screwd!

Just the Fact that Multiplattform games like Resident Evil 5, Silent Hill 5, Soul Calibur 4, GTA4 is PS3 Exclusive in Japan (The Xbox360 is dead over there Duh!) Is gonna make it really hard for Nintendo next year in Japan expecially. And the reduction of The PS3 price is bad for Nintendo as well.

Sep 26, 2006
Those are some good games, not as nice as the Playstation lineup but so what. Sounds like you made this thread just to bash the Wii, I mean dam you listed Playstation titles twice like your trying to compare sticks.

Jabjabs

Elite Guru
May 10, 2006
www.superderp.com
Personally there looks like there isn't much but that's kind of expected, publishers pushed for 2007 content on Wii for the cash in but have left 08 slightly bare for the moment. Expect the gaps to be filled but nothing much will be announced until next year.

Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="BlindSight, post: 0]Those are some good games, not as nice as the Playstation lineup but so what. Sounds like you made this thread just to bash the Wii, I mean dam you listed Playstation titles twice like your trying to compare sticks.[/quote]

Noo, that was not my intention. Seriously. I love the Wii (my brother has bought Wii..but I play on it more:p) and i love the PS3. Its just that Nintendos own games on Wii have got so much attention so i have forgotten thirdparty games:s

I am gonna buy the PS3 next year and maybe the Wii when the price comes down. And the PS3 has got some really big games next year, and i just realised that i dont know any games on the wii next year besides Nintendos own:S

And Nintendo has always aimed after "A console is not better than its games"..and next year, the Wii doesnt have any interesting games:S

Z

zarinrules

Then reread the list.

Your second post in this thread is pure flamebait.

Many of those will be good (if not excellent) games. If you don't like them or they are not of interest, nobody really cares.

Also, it should be pretty much considered fact that Nintendo always makes the best games on Nintendo systems. Period.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
I think the Wii will have interesting games, but I don't know what they'll be yet.

I expect that the Harvey Birdman game will be awesome -- it's a Phoenix Wright parody done by Capcom. Capcom's shown willingness to really polish their titles, and the Phoenix Wright games have been awesome. But how would you know that, if you didn't happen to spot the developer name and read up on it?

If someone had said "what will be fun on the Wii in 2007", back in 2006, no one could have predicted Geometry Wars Galaxies, or Zack & Wiki, or the Trauma Center sequel. (Or the Godzilla game, assuming it ends up being fun...) Similarly, when I came to this board in late December 2006, everyone assured me Motorstorm would be THE game, it would move systems in untold numbers, and so on and so forth. Only it ended up being a sorta mediocre racer. Lair and Heavenly Sword didn't do so well in reviews, either, although I suspect Lair got a bum rap there.

So I don't know what'll be fun. I think Forever Blue/Endless Ocean comes out next year in the US, and it sounds really fun. I think Wii Fit will come out, and that will probably sell ridiculous numbers of units.

I wouldn't worry. The Wii now has a solid lineup, and next year or so is when I expect to see, for instance, the real games that the EA teams will do as followups after their initial "what can we toss together" collections.

We'll see. There are third-party titles, even if we don't know much about them, and the nature of a really brilliant new franchise (or even a single game) is that no one necessarily knows much about it until it shows up. Notice, for instance, that nearly everything you listed for PS3 is a sequel. It's the non-sequels I'm most interested in.

... Which does remind me, the Squaresoft WiiWare game looks awesome.

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, and Animal Crossing 2 are what I am looking forward to. I don't think Animal Crossing 2 is confirmed for 2008, but Animal Crossing is my all time favorite game for Gamecube, so heres hoping..

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Brawl and Mario Kart, yeah. I haven't played Animal Crossing (does anyone recommend I pick up the GC Animal Crossing?) but I hear it's boatloads of fun. there's Bully, which I didn't play enough on my PS2. Okami, which I didn't get to play. and I'm sure there's a bunch of unannounced goodness there. Fox is yet to make an appearance, for instance. and there are a bunch of people hoping Pikmin 3 will come out, as well as rumblings of a new franchise by Ninty.

we'll just have to see. while I'm sure there are some unannounced titles for the PS3 for 2008, I'm equally as sure that there are unannounced titles for the Wii.

babybell

Elite Member
Oct 10, 2007
Disaster: Day of Crisis sounds like it could be a fun game. It would be nice to see some point and click style games being developed for the wii. A new broken sword would be great (the old 2d drawing style) or a sequal to Grim fandango.

kingsam

Super Elite
Sep 1, 2006
Nintendo aparently changed thier policy regarding announcing titles, which will now only be 3 - 6 months before release if I remember right.
No More Heroes and Smash are more than enough but there are tonne of really interesting 3rd party titles and quite a few 1st/2nd party, although they could still possibly be flops

does anyone recommend I pick up the GC Animal Crossing?
I wouldn't myself. I've only played the 64 and DS Animal Crossing but I never liked either (64 mainly coz I didn't have a ****ing clue what was going on). It's clearly a very well made games of a high level of quality but certainly not my kind of game. My sister absolutely loves it, and I totally see why.

A

AndrewB

Nintendo doesn't whore itself out by announcing all its games ASAP, unlike Sony. I would say that most of the good games for the Wii in 2008 are still under wraps.

B

Boris Beefcake

Don't buy animal crossing, it sux. it's kinda fun for about 10 mins, then you realise there isn't actualy anything you can DO other than favours for .... "people" and fishing.

I don't know where the developing went with that game, it's tiny, there is about 5 or 6 different things to do, and the graphics are straight from the 80's even on the gcn version. As far as good wii games for 2008 goes, I dunno I don't take that much interest in it to search. btw I don't think GT5 is coming next year, I think it's early 2009 because it's too big to finish before then.... have you played the demo? it's free download but not for long.

B

Boris Beefcake

I didn't say anyone was wrong, I just pointed out the shortcomings of the game, but if you like the game you like the game regardless of it's shortcomings, like I like goldeneye even though trevelyan's head is twisted and morphed out of shape. my point was the game is very very simple and if you want an immersive game, it probably isn't the best choice...

YamNivek

Superior Member
Dec 13, 2005
The thing with Ac is that it can be an immersive game. Yes there are only a few basic things to do but they depth can be quite complex.

Bugs and fish only appear at certain times of the day and in certain seasons (depending on the species) so collecting every single creature is a tough challenge. Competitions routinly appear on the board that start ata certain time and day and if you mis it you miss the chance at that trophy for a while.

Collecting all the funiture for your house is a tough task as well as the shop is only updated once a day and the market only appears one day a week. There are plenty of ways to make money by planting different fruit tress or turnips (which take a lot of looking after).

There is also the ability to sell plants, plants can be cross bred to make dfferent species (the black roses i think are the hardeest and most valuble) and its it tough and take paitence and care to water evry day.

There is a lot of depth to the game but it is a slow game. It had me hooked for a few months but it wasnt for me in the end.

B

Boris Beefcake

I played it prob once a week for about six months (my roommate had it) and yes, while it does take all year to finish all the things there is to do and collect, it's only like that 'cause of the seasons, and for me, that's what got me bored. For example, when I started it, it was winter, by the time summer came I was bored with it and catching the new fish and bugs wasn't something that was gonna keep me playing 6 months after starting, considering my roommate played it every day almost and he was only doing the same thing over and over. It's a popular game, and I think mainly with the japanese, but most people I know don't like it 'cause it's too slow and dull (I live in aus, we have a short attention span)

A

Armake21

You could just buy MySims now and pretty much own Animal Crossing: Wii, since the game is the same **** thing, but with enough changes to the formula, that it isn't the same old thing as the last two games.

My surprise is the apparent Fatal Frame on the Wii. Considering how it controls on my PS2, I'd say it's a good match for the Wii controls. Beyond that-

Timesplitters 4? Hell yeah! Spore- Seriously? and Okami- :mrgreen:

I can live with just those alone, I already have some Wii games that will never get old, such as Geowars: Galaxies...probably the ultimate retro asskicker released in a LONG time. Why that isn't on the 360 I'll never know, but I do know this-

If you don't have this game, or haven't played it- You missed out on some seriously fun gaming.

That and the Wii Zapper + RE: Umbrella Coronicles is a kickass combo no matter how you slice it. Ever seen a light gun and game cost LESS then 60 bucks? I doubt it.

Renzoblade

Superior Member
Nov 14, 2007
i would have got the wii in 2008 if metriod prime 3 had online multiplayer, but it doesn't,and im mostly interested in online FPS on consoles, mario kart and all this are,garbage to me. Gamecube all over again.

IF ONLY METRIOD PRIME 3 HAD ONLINE MULTI!!!...i would be playing it now on a new wii lol...

A

Armake21

Gamecube all over again.
Give some of the games that Nintendo hasn't rehashed a billion times a shot. You might be surprised, then again, maybe not...either way, doesn't hurt to give it another shot eh?

Though I could have swore there was talk of a Metroid Prime: Hunters game for Wii, which would be multiplayer only. I may have imagined it, but I seem to recall seeing SOMETHING about that.