[WINNER] 20 on the 20 February 2016 Edition

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Welcome back for another "20 on the 20" Monthly Giveaway!

What is this? On the 20th of every month, $20 PSN bucks will be given away to one lucky member. non-US members will be sent $20 via PayPal. Sorry....just too difficult/expensive to buy PSN bucks overseas.

First, da rulez.

Contest starts: Right now.

Contest Ends: February 20 at 7:00 PM EST.

Requirements: Must have at least 50 posts to win.
Why? This is a community event. Becoming part of this awesome community is its own reward. So join up, talk about video games, make some new friends, and have fun! But please, don't spam the forums to rush up to 50.

Eligibility: Award is in USD, but this contest is available to anyone, not just US members. Amount of 20 USD will be converted to the equivalent amount in other currencies.

Even if you are not eligible to win this month, feel free to join in the game.

Subscribers: Automatically get two entries into the contest (no need to post twice). Least we can do for these very generous members.

How winner be chosen: Valid and eligible entries will be recorded and numbered. Winning number will be chosen randomly.

This month's challenge: Hypothetical questions

I googled some hypothetical questions and found these.

1. Would you accept a $30k/week job offer where you get paid to sit in a pitch black room and do nothing for 8 hours a day?
2. Would you rather know a lot about a little, or a little about a lot?
3. Would you rather get uglier or dumber?

(answer any or all)

WINNER: MAJOR

Congrats dude!

:D

Last edited:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
1. Yes. I would meditate.

2. What a terribly general question. If it was the way I am now, I would prefer to know little about a lot. I don't have to be an expert to appreciate a something.

3. I would be uglier, because I can take deal with it.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
1. For your whole life? If I could schedule it, I'd just do it at night and sleep. :p Otherwise I wouldn't do it, considering what sensory deprivation can do.

2. If adding to my current knowledge, then a lot about a little.

3.Uglier.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
1. Think I would go insane. Nope.
2. A lot about a little. Rather be an expert at something. Otherwise I would just be a trivia pro.
3. I've done ok without good looks so....
:cool:

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Thanks Chris.

1. Would you accept a $30k/week job offer where you get paid to sit in a pitch black room and do nothing for 8 hours a day?
No, because sitting that long without doing nothing at all ain't healthy.
Overall little about at all, though lot about a little is super handy that leaves you handicapped when it comes to everything else.
Uglier.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
I lie in a dark room for almost 8 hours a day every night.

Little about lots. Is there space for it all?

we get both uglier and dumber. It's called senile dementia.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
1. Yes. It's Freakin 30K a WEEK!! Do the the math. $240K a month, schedule the job during the morning. Sleep for a 8hrs in the dark room. Live during the afternoon. Done.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
1. Of course! But I think people don't truly realize how much that would mess with your head after awhile. If I could only do it for awhile, sure. Can't beat that kind of cash.

2. A lot about a little. It can be something you become passionate about and maybe even an authority on a subject.

3. Uglier, but I think a slowing metabolism and aging already do that.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
1. Could I sleep? Then if so yes I would!

2. I would rather know a lot about a little, that was at least I know a lot about it

3. I'm already pretty much both so not sure how much uglier and dumber I can get :lol:

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
1. No, I would go insane.
2. A lot about a little. I might get a better job then!
3. I would rather get dumber. Being clever 'aint all that.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Well, it doesn't say I have to take it for a certain period of time, so yeah, why not? If a week gives you 30k..
Also doesn't say you're not allowed to sleep, so stay up all night for the rest, go in at work, sleep for 8 hours, go home, 30k in the bag easily. I'm game!

A lot about a little would be better in my opinion. Best to know a bit about a lot of things than know very little but know a lot about the few subjects you do know something about.
That's possible? :snicker

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Sounds like my current job! Except I don't sit in a darkened room, or get anywhere near that money. Doing nothing is one of my favourite hobbies though, can I take my iPod and have some tunes? :cool: if not, no bugger off! Money isn't everything
A little about a lot, would make me much in demand for the pub quiz teams - 'that ArnoldRimmer - he know's some shit!'
Uglier, I like to think I'm ahead of the game already :p

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="robvandam111, post: 6503369]1. Yes. It's Freakin 30K a WEEK!! Do the the math. $240K a month, schedule the job during the morning. Sleep for a 8hrs in the dark room. Live during the afternoon. Done.[/QUOTE]
It's roughly 120K a month ... not 240K.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
1. What's 30k a week if you can't enjoy it because you'll be in the insane asylum after a few months. 2. A lot about a little.
3. No way would I sacrifice knowledge for good looks. Dumb people aren't known for being great survivors.