[WINNER] 20 on the 20-ish April 2016 Edition

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Welcome back for another "20 on the 20" Monthly Giveaway!

Sorry for starting this a little late this month. Life and stuff. Going to extend this month until the 22nd so folks will have plenty of time to join in.

What is this? On the 20th of every month, $20 PSN bucks will be given away to one lucky member. non-NA members will be sent $20 via PayPal. Sorry....just too difficult/expensive to buy PSN bucks overseas.

First, da rulez.

Contest starts: Right now.

Contest Ends: April 22 at 7:00 PM EST.

Requirements: Must have at least 50 posts to win.
Why? This is a community event. Becoming part of this awesome community is its own reward. So join up, talk about video games, make some new friends, and have fun! But please, don't spam the forums to rush up to 50.

Eligibility: Award is in USD, but this contest is available to anyone, not just US members. Amount of 20 USD will be converted to the equivalent amount in other currencies.

Even if you are not eligible to win this month, feel free to join in the game.

Subscribers: Automatically get two entries into the contest (no need to post twice). Least we can do for these very generous members.

How winner be chosen: Valid and eligible entries will be recorded and numbered. Winning number will be chosen randomly.

This Month: This generation

Two questions.

How would rate this generation so far on a scale of 1 to 10. Tell me why (optional).

How optimistic or pessimistic do you feel for the remainder of this gen?

WINNER: daLa

Congrats!
:D

Last edited:

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
5.5. I can't help but be more disappointed about the amount of remakes, episodic games and half assed releases.
Not sure about the future but I am more afraid than interested.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
How would rate this generation so far on a scale of 1 to 10. Tell me why (optional).
7/10 because the graphic upgrade ain't that big of a deal unless it's a 1st party game, lots of remakes/remasters, but there are some pretty sweet new games released and upcoming like FF XV.

I feel pessimistic because of the new upgraded consoles, it kinda beats the whole purpose of a gaming console as opposed to having a PC which I can upgrade pretty much yearly. This changes the whole game, if it does take off which is most likely to happen it will mean consoles will be renewed every few years and I'm sure we will reach a point it'll be like most devices where they feel like it needs a refresh every year.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
7 good, but nowhere near I expected. If I had much more free time like previous eras, I would rate it way lower than this. This gen consoles are not for hardcore gamers.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....

So far I'll give this gen a 6/10. There have been some corking games out thus far (one of my highlights is Driveclub - those weather effects!) but too many cross gen games which seem a bit held back to allow them to run on older systems and please, no more remasters - been guilty of buying some myself but I really think it's time to move forward now!

Overall quite optimistic, the last gen showed that developer's really flexed their creative and graphical muscles a couple of years in as they got used to new hardware and really pushed the boundaries of what was possible with it. Plus of course VR; which has the potential to be the greatest gaming revolution for a long time. Seems on the latest reports the PS 4.5 won't be the show stopper it could have been as all games will work on both systems - don't see a whole lot of reason for existing owners to upgrade

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Isolated from other gens and compared to all the other consoles this gen? - TEN OUT OF TEN, BABY~!

Outlook is great; new consoles comes faster but you don't have to upgrade.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
10/10. I don't see any reason to rate any lower really. There have been plenty of games I want to play, the machine is delivering a great gaming experience, both AAA and indie titles. The social media integration is really cool and handy. It's just what it should be, that is, next-gen.

Optimistic for sure. Sure there are concerns with revelations of the NEO and such but I don't see any real reason to make that much of a critical point. Otherwise I see no reason to feel anything other than optimism. If I'm missing something please let me know :)

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I'm optimistic about the future, but down on the gen overall so far. 5/10. Same as others. Too many remasters and not enough fresh new AAA games. Feel like the walls at gamestop should be dominated by PS4/X1 at this point. Hopefully, by the end of this year my score will rise dramatically.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London

5. not many aaa games. not been wowed. too many shit indie games. xb1 barely gets used. psn is shit.

very pess. with these ps4.5 and xb1.2 variations coming out

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Major, post: 6509839]No love for the indies :( you guys don't get what you're missing![/QUOTE]
I like some of them I just hate Sony pricing them 3 times more than steam

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
After last gen was so long, I had some high hopes going into this gen. However, I would rate it so far a 4/10. As costs go higher and higher, game series are becoming safer and safer. Less AAA games, hasn't really been that "wow" game that spawns a series yet. Part of that is due to still being a bit early, but with VR and Neo news, it's like the industry went into this generation not ready for new consoles.

We are barely seeing the "potential" of "maxing" the PS4/Xbox One in year 3, and new hardware? VR looking to be the new direction? Just not great for those who have already sank money into these consoles. That said, still enjoy the games, just overall too many things pulling down the score.

I am a bit pessimistic about the generation going forward. As long as NEW experiences come out and more franchises finally drop a new game, I think it will end better than it started.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I guess I'm easily satisfied.. I've been living off the game equivalents of oatmeal porridge for three years.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6509859]I guess I'm easily satisfied.. I've been living off the game equivalents of oatmeal porridge for three years.[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with oatmeal my friend. Nourishing and simple satisfaction all around :)