[WINNER] 20 on the 20 March 2016 Edition

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Welcome back for another "20 on the 20" Monthly Giveaway!

What is this? On the 20th of every month, $20 PSN bucks will be given away to one lucky member. non-US members will be sent $20 via PayPal. Sorry....just too difficult/expensive to buy PSN bucks overseas.

First, da rulez.

Contest starts: Right now.

Contest Ends: March 20 at 4:00 PM EST.

Requirements: Must have at least 50 posts to win.
Why? This is a community event. Becoming part of this awesome community is its own reward. So join up, talk about video games, make some new friends, and have fun! But please, don't spam the forums to rush up to 50.

Eligibility: Award is in USD, but this contest is available to anyone, not just US members. Amount of 20 USD will be converted to the equivalent amount in other currencies.

Even if you are not eligible to win this month, feel free to join in the game.

Subscribers: Automatically get two entries into the contest (no need to post twice). Least we can do for these very generous members.

How winner be chosen: Valid and eligible entries will be recorded and numbered. Winning number will be chosen randomly.

This Month: Games questions

1. What is the most underrated game this gen, in your opinion?
2. What is the most overrated?
3. What upcoming game are you looking forward to the most?

Answer any or all.

WINNER: 33x

Last edited:

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
1. What is the most underrated game this gen, in your opinion? mlb the show
2. What is the most overrated? destiny
3. What upcoming game are you looking forward to the most? mlb the show 16

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Tough one.. Unravel?

Destiny, Battlefront, No Man's Sky.

Bioshock Collection, Uncharted 4.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
1. Dying Light - the combat and parkour are just so much fun. The game is really atmospheric as well, the first night is just terrifying. One of the little gems so far.

2. Fallout 4 - I enjoyed the game, but I felt like it didn't live up to the hype. There weren't any quests or mysteries that I enjoyed that much, it was just the same acceptable experience throughout.

3. Dark Souls 3 - From Software games are just special, I haven't played anything like them before.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
1. ISAAC(!): "The binding of.." Endless hours of quick bursts of fun, fun, FUN.

2. Dragon Age: Inquisition - never got far, but from watching my gf, looks door dull. GOTY my ass.

3. EASILY The Last Guardian - playing through The Shadow of the Colossus, and I had forgotten how much of an artwork, a masterpiece that game is. The controls aren't clunky - they're deliberate! The camera, when used to it's fullest intention, is pure genius. It is a one of a kind piece of entertainment and stands as one of the greatest achievements in game development.

How could you ever top this game? I'm excited for what is next!

Last edited:

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
Underrated is tough. No good choice, but I think everyone should check out Darkest Dungeon.

Overrated? Destiny.

Upcoming? Zelda U...or really Zelda NX. Whatever they will call it.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
1. there is not much candidate here, but wasteland 2 is pretty underrated. while fallout 4 sells like hotcakes, wasteland 2 not, it is a shame.
2. Destiny, it is probably most overrated game of all time.
3. I don't have much hope but Media Molecule's Dream seems something interesting.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
Thanks! :)
Hmmm maybe FFXIV imo, it certainly isn't for everyone because of the way it plays, they kind of game and the pay wall but it sure has been one of my favorite ever, I gamed for a bit over a year on it and no joke it's the first game that ever literally was sucking on my life. Those funny reviews you can read on some sites about it joking stuff like ' I have lost control of my life ' aren't really a joke lol.
Call of Duty, imo.
Final Fantasy XV.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
Only because I can't think of anything else right now, I have to agree with Shingo. Wasteland 2 is a brilliant game for it's genre and I'm very surprised I don't hear people talk more about it.

Destiny, by a long shot.

Darkest Dungeon, Darkest Dungeon and Darkest Dungeon. If I'm pushed to choose one from the three it'll have to be Darkest Dungeon :)

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Underrated:
Mad Max. Just hours and hours of mindless fun. The car battles are awesome.

Overrated:
Fallout 4. I know a lot of folks love this game. I'm just not one of them, sadly.

Looking forward to:
Persona 5, obviously. And, of course, Uncharted 4.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I'd have to go with Driveclub, took many people got hung up on the bad launch and never have the game a chance once Evo had squared their admin away, truly fun game

Star Wars Battlefront; remove the Star Wars skin and you're left with an overpriced, minimal game modes multiplayer only shooter

Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
1. What is the most underrated game this gen, in your opinion? - DYING LIGHT, SO MUCH GODDAMN FUN!!
2. What is the most overrated? - MGS5 - So pretenious and confusing. also destiny, so shit
3. What upcoming game are you looking forward to the most? - QUANTUM BREAK

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6506585]

Overrated:
Fallout 4. I know a lot of folks love this game. I'm just not one of them, sadly.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that that many do. I think a lot of people are in denial about NOT loving it..

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
2. DESTINY, its just another generic FPS game.

3. Kingdom Hearts 3.

10 days from now, Kingdom Hearts 2 was released in North America. Making it 10 years from now. I know people want FFXV but its officially coming out this year and most likely in September.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Bayonetta 2 - Wonderful game, but it ended up on a console where it's going to be niche. Sad thing is, if it wasn't for Nintendo it wouldn't have even got the funding to be made.

Destiny - Biggest successful gaming scam in years.

3. What upcoming game are you looking forward to the most
Final Fantasy XV - 10 years worth of on and off development hell. Be sure to check out the event on the 30th though. The game has grown up as I have, and it's changed a lot. I can't wait to sink 100+ hours in this game, especially with the Admantortoise creature that is suppose to take around 15 hours to kill if kept true to text.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6506607]I don't think that that many do. I think a lot of people are in denial about NOT loving it..[/QUOTE]
The game has/had too many bugs; some of which were funny and some game breaking ones. I don't know if those have been fixed since launch though.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!

Halo - Master Chief Collection - have to admire what they have done with the remaster, flicking between the graphics options really makes you realise how much effort they have put into it and how far we have come!

Destiny - great fun with mates but pretty shit on your own, content runs out fast and unless your a god at shooting games can't reach the maximum light level normally now

Gran Turismo Sport mainly but also F1 2016, seems Codemasters may actually be listening to their fans now!

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Congrats 33x. This calls for a celebration.
[video=youtube;fV5TZyUMVsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV5TZyUMVsM[/video]