won PS3 on ebay.

hyelife

Apprentice
May 5, 2005
Hi, I just bid on a ps3 on ebay and won, but I kind of think the seller is a fraud .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...em=190189977725&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

If you look at the people who bid I guess you would think the same since it looks like the item was bid by the same person with different user names. I have won items in the past where I paid but the seller never send out the package.
I already send a message to the seller and waiting for a reply.
I'm just trying to see what you guys thing about this.

P.S.3

Elite Member
Oct 25, 2006
Hmmmm, that does look suspicious. Those usernames are almost exactly alike. I suspect something.

Nemy

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2008
Looks like it was a "private" sale.
As in, other bidders can't see the bidders names.
I've done that kind of auction before.
Looks legit, but what do I know.
GL

I

Ishimaru Kaito

LUCKY $%&$ that was a one hell of a good deal. hopefully it was real and not fake see ya online

Oct 21, 2006
Trusts me he's not a fraud. I buy things on Ebay and sell things on ebay a lot and it always shows up like that. It's actually been like that for 2 months or maybe even more.

Callo

¡Viva México Cabrones!
Dec 20, 2005
Houston, TX
www.ps3forums.com
I don't know...
It looks suspicious because all the bidders had almost the same username. Some of them even bid twice in a row raising the bid price without any reason. It just looks suspicious to me but I don't really know because I have never bought anything from eBay.

Jacksbak

Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2007
hmmm yea looks strange r***2 bid on 29 different items in 30 days thats a bit weird.

EDIT:

WAIT!! look what i found ...
eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names, such as x***y.

JoNJoN

Superior Member
Oct 21, 2007
The best thing to do is to make sure you use Paypal as payment and if you can use a credit card for even extra protection. If the auction does turn out to be a fraud then your credit card company will usually refund you immediately and go after the buyer with the full force of VISA or MASTERCARD lawyers and money crunchers (DONT MESS WITH THOSE GUYS). Its happened to me a couple times and the credit card was so cool about it. BTW, I got a feedback of 1273 so I do have just a bit of experience on eBay in case your wondering.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Those are not the same usernames! Ebay did that so everyone cant see who is bidding. Thats why all the names show up with an asterisk ********

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Callo, post: 0]I don't know...
It looks suspicious because all the bidders had almost the same username. Some of them even bid twice in a row raising the bid price without any reason. It just looks suspicious to me but I don't really know because I have never bought anything from eBay.[/quote]

That might be because it says "Only actual bids are shown, not bidders maxium".
So i think if you get outbid then it raises yours automatically...but i dunno, haven't used ebay in years and fogrt how things work.

Jacksbak

Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2007
Look what it says at the top. I posted this twice so you see it and stop worrying lol.

eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names, such as x***y.

Aug 14, 2007
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 0]That might be because it says "Only actual bids are shown, not bidders maxium".
So i think if you get outbid then it raises yours automatically...but i dunno, haven't used ebay in years and fogrt how things work.[/quote]

What he said. What happened is one person bid 100, but the max he needed to win was 50, then someone else comes and bids 60, but the other guy's 100 beats him, so now it's at 60 but the second guy still isn't winning, so he bids again at 80, the other guy is still beating him, so he bids again at 120, and now is winning. So what you see is one guy bidding three times in a row. What it doesn't show is the other's guy's automatic bidding up to the max he put in when he started.

Callo

¡Viva México Cabrones!
Dec 20, 2005
Houston, TX
www.ps3forums.com
[QUOTE="Jacksbak, post: 0]Look what it says at the top. I posted this twice so you see it and stop worrying lol.

eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names, such as x***y.[/QUOTE]

Well then, in that case it looks legitimate. Listen to him! ^^^

Alpha

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2006
The system is clearly hiding the bidders names by using those **, as searching on ebay for those users, brings nothing up.

Some of them even bid twice in a row raising the bid price without any reason.
Checking most listing shows that kind of activity. I'm not sure why though.

Assassin3

Super Elite
Mar 30, 2007
Its legit mate.. Lately eBay have introduced a new policy where they hide bidder names if necessary, showing them only as Bidder1, Bidder2 or something like that! Trust me its legit and it looks like for £200 youve got yourself an amazing deal there!

[velocity]

Master Poster
Dec 1, 2006
If that's legit... it's an ultimate steal. You got an absolutely incredible offer there...

Really, amazing, that can't be real.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="IOUaBeatn, post: 0]I'm confident it's not fake. The seller's feedback is 100% with over 10 votes. You definitely got a steal.[/quote]
Maybe that's exactly what he got... stolen goods. Ask him to include the receipt for any of the items shown in the picture.

hyelife

Apprentice
May 5, 2005
Most of you say its legit, so I guess there is one way to find out. I'll just go head with the purchase and see what happens, and I will be using paypal.

miamiman

Master Guru
Dec 20, 2006
It seems pretty legit to me now that those asterisked usernames have been explained. The guy has good feedback as both buyer and seller so I think you should be fine. Congrats on your purchase :)

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
iono be careful still... i won a carbon fiber hood for my car with a seller that had 99.9% positive feedback with a feedback score of 3000... dude took my money and ran... (i was dumb and waited too long to do anything (30-90 days i think) i figured a he kept saying shipments were delayed and it would take that long...) so i was out 500 bucks.

if you dont get respones within the first week of paying him.... then file a claim right away... dont take any chances.