would this help with overheating?

K

Knuckles126

Screw that, you don't need some external fan gimmick. The 360 works fine, it was the launch 360's that overheated.

K

Knuckles126

Don't waste your money on products that are useless. The 360 works fine without external fans.

K

Knuckles126

[QUOTE="SkatetheWorld, post: 0]Not always, sometimes it freezes up with extended gameplay, better safe than sorry no offense Knuckles[/QUOTE]
As long as you have your 360 in a well venilated location, it shouldn't overheat.

Jun 21, 2005
www.mlgpro.com
[QUOTE="SkatetheWorld, post: 0]lol, alright man, I just cant stand for my baby to get hot.[/QUOTE]

Its really not that bad. I have a launch system, and will play games like Oblivion and Gears of War for hours at a time. Sometimes even after/before I watch a full length dvd. Never once has it overheated. And to be honest, it isn't even in a great area for ventilation, just on a shelf on my tv stand, but it works great.

He is right, the fan is really not needed.

Nov 13, 2006
Agreed with the others.

I have a December '05 batch 360......it gets slightly warm and nothing more no matter how long I play it. You don't need a gimmicky add on fan for it.

Jan 1, 2006
Check this out first..
Source: Xbox-Scene.com

You may have heard the rumors going around about the Nyko Intercooler. What was meant to help your Xbox 360 from overheating is actually causing it's own kind of burnout. Reader Ben M. sends in these pictures of the Intercooler he bought for his system along with the horror story of what happened when he put it in use.
"As you can see, this product, although a great idea and it actually works, can be a serious fire hazard. Just check out what it did. Not to mention it melted one of my Xbox360 power connector covers which is still inside the Intercooler. Burnt, may I add."

And to further inform you, both of my friends bought one and had problems with their 360's ever since. But when they took it off, the 360 worked just fine.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Here in Australia, especially in summer we got through some very hot times... We're getting 42 celcius days and that's too hot for my liking, with the X360 sometimes I don't even game on these kinds of days, I am looking at this myself.

http://www.xecuter.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=219&osCsid=b13d459abcf60467785a2de63ca43075

http://www.xecuter.com.au/product_i...d=210&osCsid=b13d459abcf60467785a2de63ca43075

I'm not worried about voiding the warranty anymore, worse case I'll buy another still, that doesn't mean I want anything to go wrong either, $600AUD is $600AUD after all, that can go into buying the Wii or PS3.