Would you buy a $1000 PS4 and $70 games?

May 5, 2011
USA
If the PS4 came out today and was priced near or at $1000, would you buy it? This is unlikely, but not impossible. The more technology, the higher the price. The same thing for $70 and above dollar games. In fact, throw in handheld games. How much would you pay for a PS Vita game if the price were to change or go up or have different games at different prices?

Me? Heck no, it'd have to drop a whole lot before I touch it. I feel the same way about the games. It wouldn't be I didn't want one, it'd be I couldn't afford one.

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5994465]If the PS4 came out today and was priced near or at $1000, would you buy it? This is unlikely, but not impossible. The more technology, the higher the price. The same thing for $70 and above dollar games. In fact, throw in handheld games. How much would you pay for a PS Vita game if the price were to change or go up or have different games at different prices?

Me? Heck no, it'd have to drop a whole lot before I touch it. I feel the same way about the games. It wouldn't be I didn't want one, it'd be I couldn't afford one.[/QUOTE]

No way! lol, I'll just let the price go down after awhile and let the game to their greatest hits version.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Unlikely? No, it absolutely won't happen. Anyone not remember what happened to the 3DO?

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
If the tech was worth it and the games were on par with the price...sure no problem...thats just a drop in the bucket. I mean I'm 33...I spend more money on lots of other things. If you have decent job thats not much...I spend twice that much on my computer and get no where near the satisfaction. I spend twice that much on a tv...washing machine, fridge, stove....surround sound...just saying if the tech is worth it...I would pay. Now I'm sure if I was a kid or in college I understand...

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
No way in hell. I'd just upgrade my PC for a fraction of that price and miss out on those expensive exclusives. It'd have to have a major price drop before I would consider.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I think $500 is the limit I'll ever pay for a game console. $1,000 is just ridiculous. $60 is also the price limit I'm willing to spend on games that I'm eager to play after launch.

Oct 18, 2006
If the technology was there and the games were outstanding then I would probably end up doing it! Like davin_g said, I too have spend more money on other things no where near as technologically advanced, heck when I bought my Samsung 55" LED TV I got it when they first came to market and paid around $3500 without batting an eye, and my next set I plan on spending in the $5k range, so $1k for a game system that I know I will use daily for 7+ years I don't have a problem doing it...even back when I didn't have too much money I bought the 3DO when it first came out (actually not a bad system at that time!) and I felt it was worth the money...now the $400 I dropped on a Sega Saturn when it came out, that was a bad investment! Some people spend thousands of dollars collecting cars, etc. and no one cares, I am a technology/gaming freak, that is my thing and I will always be like that until the day I die!

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
FUCK NO! I'm getting a PC for EVE before I get a PS4 anyway, but if PS4 was that much, I'd just funnel the funds into the PC.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5994589]FUCK NO! I'm getting a PC for EVE before I get a PS4 anyway, but if PS4 was that much, I'd just funnel the funds into the PC.[/QUOTE]Liar. I know you'd find ways to get your hands on one regardless of price range.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Fon, post: 5994605]Liar. I know you'd find ways to get your hands on one regardless of price range.[/QUOTE]

Haha once upon a time yes...But I have found what may just well be my gaming heaven with EVE Online and DUST 514. I always like to play 2 games, one that is relaxing, serene and doesn't require moment to moment concentration, then an action game to give me that. DUST and EVE give me this in such a perfect and beautiful fashion (and they are linked which makes it even better) that even most games I was hyped for have become a lil meh lol. However, if DUST 514 comes to PS4 close to launch, I'll become a prostidude if I need to. :lol:

Sep 15, 2005
If the tech inside it was worth it ofc i would. I can't expect them to give me 1000+$ worth of hardware for 300-400$.

Also, personally i don't mind if PS4 will be 500/600 again if it has the muscles under the hood! Plus, you know, inflation ...