Would you buy a $1000 PS4 and $70 games?

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Never and I am already scared games will be at $70 next gen. If it happens ill gladly wait till a sale or price drop.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 5994842]Never and I am already scared games will be at $70 next gen. If it happens ill gladly wait till a sale or price drop.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope next gen doesn't do this to us, cause when the gaming scene reaches $100 games then gaming might as well be declared pretty much dead.

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
ive paid 3K for a PC... so why would it so unreasonable to pay 1k for basically a trimmed PC? hell... the PS4 will probably be more powerful than my current PC anyways (its 2 years old)

obviously a console will never be that expensive... its main purpose is to cater to a mass crowd who can afford to throw money towards games every other week/month

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 5994954]Lets just pray steam box's success. Cuz If they do, we will win :D:D[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

The better the consoles the more of a win it is for gamers

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="SomaXD, post: 5994953]ive paid 3K for a PC... so why would it so unreasonable to pay 1k for basically a trimmed PC? hell... the PS4 will probably be more powerful than my current PC anyways (its 2 years old)

obviously a console will never be that expensive... its main purpose is to cater to a mass crowd who can afford to throw money towards games every other week/month[/QUOTE]
You're right in that it won't be that expensive. The difference between a gaming console and a PC, for me anyway, is that I'm going to do much more with the latter. As for the games, we're already paying up to 20 dollars for the DLC so it might as well come with the base version.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Blacksite, post: 5994994]You're right in that it won't be that expensive. The difference between a gaming console and a PC, for me anyway, is that I'm going to do much more with the latter. As for the games, we're already paying up to 20 dollars for the DLC so it might as well come with the base version.[/QUOTE] DLC isnt going away anytime soon. 70 dollar games would still have separate DLC because its an easy buck for the developers.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
There is one thing I am sure of, they have much more plans for milking gamers than DLC. Yet they wait for gamers get used to DLC thing. Since I am fogyish, it doesn't make diffrence to me tho. I still prefer getting the disc instead of downloading :)

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Fcuk that. I've recently changed my tune and I'm hoping for £399ish

I've said before I wouldn't mind another 599 scenario as long as the thing is a beast but meh. Games still wow me on ps360 as it is so I would gladly wait for a price drop if that were the case. Devs wont give up on the combined 140m~ so I think I'll still have plenty to play

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
That just isn't that much money to me. Granted it wouldn't be economically feasible for mainstream exceptance that they need to survive but I mean I'm looking to drop 20k on a used truck and another 10k on a boat to take to the lake that will probably get used a couple times a month....1k for a gaming device i use almost nightly...totally worth it. Again I don't want it to be that price nor do I expect it. $499 mark my words that is likely for a new console this gen. and probably $559 for bigger hds. All I'm saying is I will buy it day 1 regardless....I enjoy my GOW, Uncharted, Killzone, GT, and endless other Sony exclusives too much to pass on it.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5995051]Fcuk that. I've recently changed my tune and I'm hoping for £399ish I've said before I wouldn't mind another 599 scenario as long as the thing is a beast but meh. Games still wow me on ps360 as it is so I would gladly wait for a price drop if that were the case. Devs wont give up on the combined 140m~ so I think I'll still have plenty to play[/QUOTE] I'm with you on that one.

Nov 5, 2008
Philadelphia
[QUOTE="davin_g, post: 5995059]That just isn't that much money to me. Granted it wouldn't be economically feasible for mainstream exceptance that they need to survive but I mean I'm looking to drop 20k on a used truck and another 10k on a boat to take to the lake that will probably get used a couple times a month....1k for a gaming device i use almost nightly...totally worth it. Again I don't want it to be that price nor do I expect it. $499 mark my words that is likely for a new console this gen. and probably $559 for bigger hds. All I'm saying is I will buy it day 1 regardless....I enjoy my GOW, Uncharted, Killzone, GT, and endless other Sony exclusives too much to pass on it.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Shouldn't be a problem regardless of the price for people who have endless amounts of cash.

Damn I wish I was one of those people.. I actually have a budget :lol:

Centurion

Dedicated Member
May 15, 2008
If we take inflation into account then $70 isn't that unreasonable. If you were paying $60 US in 2005 then thats equivilent to $70 today.

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
[QUOTE="Centurion, post: 5995613]If we take inflation into account then $70 isn't that unreasonable. If you were paying $60 US in 2005 then thats equivilent to $70 today.[/QUOTE]

People forget that back in '96 when the N64 released, Cartridges were around $70-$80 some even more then that so we've done it before...

I wouldn't pay a grand for a PS4 tho and Sony would be idiotic to think about pricing it that way. Does noone remember how well the PS3 did @ $600? Tack on another $400 n Sony could go f themselves. I personally wont go past $450 this time around.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
If the following happens then yes otherwise no.
-Its super powerful
-All games support Oculus Rift or Sony equivalent
-Has traditional controller in the box at launch
-Tons of great games announced

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2010
Why would I want to spend the price of a good PC on a system that cannot do what a good PC does?

For $1,000 I'll just stick to PC gaming where there is a lot more variety in the games and the games themselves are a lot cheaper.

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
Well I don't have endless amounts of cash but I'm 33 in the prime of my earning years and my wife makes even more than I do. We don't have kids and our bmw's are paid off. We just have our mortgage and continue to put half our paychecks into savings. No reason we can't spend a little for what we truely want and use. Whatever it is I will pay it....I would think it would be suicide for Sony to price it above $499 but like I said I work hard and don't mind spending it. I'm not leaving it to any kids and already give my 10%+ to church so I can't take it with me when I die...might as well enjoy it now.

D3seeker

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2008
Severn, Maryland
Game prices (and console price) wont go up anymore because they know that THE answer is no. They are at the limit now. They are paid to be creative I'm sure they will figure a way to keep development price where it is if not lower it within reasonable means.

P.S. IE it's a closed box system. Frik no! it better have a time machine, self maintenance a magic carpet/teleportation device out of box before I even consider paying that much for it.

Last edited:

Minnzy

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2006
I spent $1000 on my launch PS3 and spend $110 on some games. Luckily a few good releases are around $80. I'd love to feel that $70 was a lot since $100+ is the norm here

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="D3seeker, post: 5995754]Game prices (and console price) wont go up anymore because they know that THE answer is no. They are at the limit now. They are paid to be creative I'm sure they will figure a way to keep development price where it is if not lower it within reasonable means.

P.S. IE it's a closed box system. Frik no! it better have a time machine, self maintenance a magic carpet/teleportation device out of box before I even consider paying that much for it.[/QUOTE]

The price for console games went down this gen so, wont be suprised if they go up next gen