Would you change your PSN name?

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
Sorry if this thread has been made before. I couldn't see one.

If Sony had an ID change system, would you change your name? And if so, what would you change it to?

Personally I like my name but would love the option to change it.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Some dude from Canada took swordsman ages ago and ain't using any Playstation product since 2012. no chance of getting it so there is no reason to change. Whole my friends are used to swordsman. It's been more than 10 years I am using that. Also some guy picked that name for psu, I also can't use it in here :(

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I would ditch the "NFS" if I could. The NFS is from back in my Call of Duty clan days.

Vaas

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2014
Belgium
I desperately want to change mine! 'bond4ever007' was one of the dumb mistakes I made as a 13-year old kid :/
If I had to pay around €5 to do so, I definitely would.

Oct 1, 2014
Blackpool
I'm not sure I would now, my PSN is similar to my old warcraft name. Given Fhirald is taken by someone else, I would have to think of a new obscure Valkyria Chronicles reference.

May just have to accept that Sony deems that choosing your PSN name is a life decision :p. Otherwise if they implement name changes they should do what ebay did and free up names on aged accounts.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Nope. I guess I did a good job almost 9 years ago when I created my account. I was pretty happy that I got my console at launch and was able to guarantee getting the ID I wanted.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
I'd change it if I could although I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Not sure we're ever gonna get the chance to change though.

Survival Horror

Superior Member
Jan 25, 2015
Το be honest, i created my account on ps back to 2009 so i didnt had experience and i put the name "GeorgeGianno"as my id and "Survival Horror"as my name. I mean that i put them in opposite places. But after that i start to like my id until today. If i could change it, possibly the new one would be"SurvivalHorror82", but because I cant, i like the current :)

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
I would really like to have the feature of changing my username without creating a new account. As long as you can keep your digital purchases, friends list, PS Plus membership, etc...I'm all for it.

Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
[QUOTE="shingo, post: 6460477]some dude from canada took swordsman ages ago and ain't using any playstation product since 2012. No chance of getting it so there is no reason to change. Whole my friends are used to swordsman. It's been more than 10 years i am using that. Also some guy picked that name for psu, i also can't use it in here :([/quote]

sw0rd5m4n? (Looks better in caps, which this forum auto converted to lowercase)