WTF IW and Party migration Problem!!!!!!!!

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
Does anyone else have any problems when you have a party of six and 5 players get into the match and drops 1 of your players in the party? Then need to fix this because last nite it kept dropping players.

Jan 28, 2008
Happens when me and my mate play and a fair few times it will put us on opposite teams and sometimes put us in totaly different games lol,
Worst thing is that for the first few mins im talking to myself because I didn't know he wasn't there lol

Nov 17, 2007
Yes its really getting to be a pain. Last night our team of 8 went to a game without the party leader. I joined his game where it was two other people and ended up on the other team. Then the one guy on my team left and a team of 8 joined the other team, so it was myself vs 9 people for about 3 mins. It's a chore to get a party together and actually find games. We spend a lot of time in the pre game lobby just waiting for people to join.

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
they definately need to fix this cause its gets really frustrating and we had only 6 players. With 8 were you playing ground war?

Nov 17, 2007
[QUOTE="dogg2k78, post: 0]they definately need to fix this cause its gets really frustrating and we had only 6 players. With 8 were you playing ground war?[/quote]Yes, it seems to get worse the more players we have. Tonight we had 5-6 people and just stuck with domination. We only got separated like twice out of ten games, which still kind of sucks. Once we get in a full lobby, the game runs pretty good. Sometimes it takes 15 mins to find a full lobby and then people keep backing out, causing more problems.

Feb 21, 2009
This happens A LOT. I think they are just gonna tell you that it is YOUR NAT type that is the problem. I call shenanigans on that. Honestly this is probably a problem with their matchmaking servers. I mean 1 million + people online and it can't put you in a game that all 6-9 of your party members can all be in? And it isn't just full parties that I have this problem with. It happens when I have 2,3 and 4 players almost as much or MORE than if I have a full party, from my experience.

Also have you guys had the problem where host migration doesn't work half the time? Like the one mid game when the host quits out, where it is supposed to stop you from losing all your stats and going back to the lobby. In all of my games I would say AT LEAST 75% of the time the host migration tries for 10 seconds and then we get kicked into the lobby...Real great work fixing that problem IW (/sarcasm).

I don't know, I will support MW2 cause I enjoy playing the game, but I swear there are more problems with the "features" they have added to the game than, it seems, they care to admit. I really just wish they would say; "Look, we know there are problems a, b and c. We are working on a patch to fix them and it should be available soon." That way we might actually have some hope of the problem being solved in the near future.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
At the moment I'd say everything concerning matchmaking and migration has a bug. It's all messing up in all aspects. For instance, in host migration, rather than picking a host sometimes, it'll just decide no one is good enough, and quit out. I find it hard to believe that it simply could not have selected someone who would serve as a decent host in regards to connections and such. I've had the party migration issues as well. They'd be much easier to deal with if inviting was not so difficult. I really preferred the good old list, as used in World at War and Modern Warfare [1].

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
when we have 6 people or 7 people thats when we have the most problems plus sometimes we will be playing and the whole other team either gets kicked or quits and it takes for ever to win.