WWE 2K16 Largest Roster EVER!!

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK

For anyone doubting the ”largest roster ever” tag line for WWE 2k16, let us you assure you, that we are bringing over 120 unique playable Superstars and Divas to the game. Now when we say unique, we’re not counting the repeats like 5 John Cena models, or 8 Mark Henry models. As you can imagine, these models are keeping us crazy busy, but it is worth it. ‪#‎wwe2k16largestrosterever
12 Announced & Confirmed so far:

* Seth Rollings
* Daniel Bryan
* Wade Barret
* Dean Ambrose
* Paige
* Finn Balor
* Stone Cold Steve Austin
* Hulk Hogan (Removed due to racist comment)
* Andre The Giant
* The Rock
* Triple H
* Eva Marie
* Alexa Bliss

Gameplay Details Released 4/8/2015

•MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.

•Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!

•WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows

•Online has been "overhauled."

•Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.

•Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.

•No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!

•Improved ref and manager AI.

* The main feature Showcase mode in WWE 2K16 will be surrounding the Texas Rattlesnake.
* WWE 2K16 will head to PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Oct. 27

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Showcase mode surrounding the Texas Rattlesnake...? Sold. I still hope to this day he has the odd couple of cameo appearances/matches.
If anyone saw the Austin/Heyman podcast afew weeks ago things got a little heated regarding a WrestleMania match in Austin's home town against Brock :lol:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6458063]I just want all the old wrestlers from the 90's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if they brought a bunch of the ones I grew up watching, i might would get excited. The new guys kind of suck lol.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
I can see alot of old legends being in the game now since the roster number has racked up as double the amount, may 50 active 15 Divas 5 Managers 50 legends could happen!!!

5 managers rumored - Lana, Paul Heyman. J&J security, plus 1 more, they won't be playable but just matter of filling in the slots.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6458080]Yeah if they brought a bunch of the ones I grew up watching, i might would get excited. The new guys kind of suck lol.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine this happens a lot with Wrestling.
Guys growing up watching Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant probably thought the Steve Austin and Rock era were not comparable as well.

Good wrestlers come and go. I mainly just watch the Royal Rumbles now.

D3seeker

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2008
Severn, Maryland
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6458093]I'd imagine this happens a lot with Wrestling.
Guys growing up watching Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant probably thought the Steve Austin and Rock era were not comparable as well.

Good wrestlers come and go. I mainly just watch the Royal Rumbles now.[/QUOTE]
lol. I grew up in the midst of that era change so to me it's those lumped together and them the current day stuff

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Well I wouldn't say 50 legends exactly lol let's say 30 legends & 20 from NXT roster. 50 on main roster, 15 Divas, 5 managers just my guess.

The game also need up the match types because they dropped alot in last year's game. Me and my mates couldnt choose alot from to play in. Really picky tbh.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
I just want to know about gameplay. I hope they change it back because the gameplay from last year was so bad. Then they need to add the stuff they took away to. Not being able to customize matches in universe mode or use my own guy wtf?

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6458093]I'd imagine this happens a lot with Wrestling.

Good wrestlers come and go. I mainly just watch the Royal Rumbles now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's one of those back in my day arguments lol. Honestly though I don't think there will ever be a better show stopper than Stone Cold. The shit that they wrote for him was pure gold. I commend whoever come up with that character because it completely trumps every one wrestling has ever had from an all around aspect. I was still shocked to find out Sting's old ass is still stumbling around the ring. Hell him and Triple H were my favorite when I watched it 20 years ago. Still around lol.

It just seems like the new guys don't have the same pizzazz the ones in the past did. Of course I haven't seen a ton of them but Daniel Bryant is about the only one that I could see fitting in with what I consider wrestling prime. It also seems like the guys are tiny now. Lol. My nephew wanted to watch it one night and The Rock and CM Punk were fighting on the ground. You could barely see CM. Lol but to his defense it was the Rock on top of him. But just goes to show how small these guys actually are compared to their show weight. CM Punk is going to either fight at 185 or 170 in UFC. That's a lot of weight cutting but I would be willing to bet they listed him somewhere around 240-250. :snicker Alright I'll stop poking fun of wrestling. I know tons of people still love it and so did I at one point.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6458110]I just want to know about gameplay. I hope they change it back because the gameplay from last year was so bad. Then they need to add the stuff they took away to. Not being able to customize matches in universe mode or use my own guy wtf?[/QUOTE]

Gameplay wont be mentioned until a few months!

iv never liked universe mode but i understand that fans want it cause of the build around your own WWE! id rather a deep filled story mode along with the showcase mode an hell of alot of features matches & superstars plus NXT will be more added to this years game now as its the main developemental for upcoming superstars & NXT is at the top of its game atm the ratings are so far ahead of Raw & SD so expect a solid roster for NXT this year as last years was only the start of it.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
This means nothing unless the gameplay is better. I wish I had the money to pay the powers that be so I can get SVR '06 and '07 mashed up into one game. Those are the best two games since it went online.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6459154]Hey did you guys know that wrestling is fake?[/QUOTE]
fuck off!! . stop spreading bs please. it's so real.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Hulk Hogan Removed from WWE 2k16 Video Game after racist comment!!

After being dumped by the real WWE, following footage of a racist tirade, 2K has confirmed Hulk Hogan won’t be in the new WWE game.

The WWE series isn’t always the most realistic of sports games but one element of this year’s new game will be exactly like the real thing: it won’t have Hulk Hogan in it.

Publisher 2K Sports confirmed that Hogan will not appear in the game, but told website Polygon it has ‘no other comments’ to make as to whether he would be retroactively removed from previous games.

Although 2K only took over the WWE licence in 2013, Hulk was featured very prominently in last year’s game, including on the cover of the special edition packaging.

We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly,’ said the 2K statement.

The whole story behind Hogan’s fall from grace is especially bizarre, with the tirade only coming to light as part of a sex tape from eight years ago, which was leaked online by Gawker in 2012 – despite a legal ruling telling them not to.

A transcript of the tape then made it into American gossip mags, including comments from Hogan about his daughter’s boyfriend. This included the admission that he was ‘racist, to a point’ and frequent use of the n-word.
Hogan has apologised, but it seems to have ended his wrestling career in ignominious fashion
Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/27/hulk-...-2k16-after-racism-row-5314388/#ixzz3h68yh17F

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Just seen these details posted on NeoGaf:

MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame

Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in

WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows

Online has been "overhauled."

Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole

Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in

No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance

Improved ref and manager AI

More info here and some gameplay/entrances: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6465638]Just seen these details posted on NeoGaf:

MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame

Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in

WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows

Online has been "overhauled."

Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole

Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in

No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance

Improved ref and manager AI

More info here and some gameplay/entrances: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed[/QUOTE]

Sounds mighty impressive to be fair, could be the year that I finally buy a WWE game again!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6465646]Sounds mighty impressive to be fair, could be the year that I finally buy a WWE game again![/QUOTE]
I'm wanting Create A Stable for my Stone Cold & Triple H Power Trip and MP3 playback for entrance music and I'll be sorted :lol:

Interference during entrances is a handy feature to have back too. Used to enjoy getting some cheap shots in :cool:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6465651]I'm wanting Create A Stable for my Stone Cold & Triple H Power Trip and MP3 playback for entrance music and I'll be sorted :lol:

Interference during entrances is a handy feature to have back too. Used to enjoy getting some cheap shots in :cool:[/QUOTE]

You would have thought they would have put MP3 playback for entrance music would be a standard feature nowadays?!

Not played a WWE game for quite a little while, was going to buy 2K15 but heard a few features had been removed so gave it a miss! Sounds like they could be back in this one though......

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6465653]You would have thought they would have put MP3 playback for entrance music would be a standard feature nowadays?!

Not played a WWE game for quite a little while, was going to buy 2K15 but heard a few features had been removed so gave it a miss! Sounds like they could be back in this one though......[/QUOTE]
To be fair I didn't really miss any of the features in 2k15, just enjoyed how it played as it was pretty solid overall.

Agree about the MP3 playback, can't believe that didn't make it last year. Hopefully now with the MP3 playback on the console it can be utilised some way.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6465705]Looks really impressive to be fair, lets just hope they look good in the final product![/QUOTE]

still quite a while until release but 2 weeks is the Roster countdown I think it happens a day before the PPV (Summerslam) so ill keep you posted once its all finished!