X018 Event live at 4:00pm est

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Decent show. Nice to see them pick up those two RPG studios. Crackdown looked fun as hell.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
I didn't have any expectation but this is even worse lol. 0 new content. Gamepass is their only ace still.

May 20, 2008
A decent show . I didn’t expect any announcements as far as new games go. They’re probably saving that stuff for E-3.

Microsoft has been knocking it out out the park lately. Game pass is doing very well and they bought 6 studios in as many months to add to their 1st patty development. On top of that they have the best hardware this generation and the biggest game of the year(RDR2) looks and plays best on Xbox. I can’t wait to see Ninja Theory’s next project.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This show was complete trash. Why did they even have this show?? Absolutely nothing new was shown. Sony was at least smart enough to cancel their conference knowing there was nothing new to show.

Here are a few reaction videos.......Not good.

May 20, 2008
This show was complete trash. Why did they even have this show?? Absolutely nothing new was shown. Sony was at least smart enough to cancel their conference knowing there was nothing new to show.

Here are a few reaction videos.......Not good.

So you are giving them credit for admiting theirs was even more trash...lol microsoft isnt sony and they dont, nor should they follow what sony does. If anyone expected huge game announcements from this fan expo they were mistaken. Its clearly not E-3 and they could of used things like twitter and other stuff to announce the news that came from this show, but they didnt. This was nothing more than a xbox fan expo. Ms has been building some momentum lately with xbox one x and as a xbox fan i can see why they went this route being in the position theyre in this gen. It clearly wasnt their best show but this generation is starting to wind down and those big game announcements are definitely coming. Imo they have every right to celebrate things like game pass because its a huge success and it proved a lot of people wrong and that includes the know it alls here on the forum who thought it was doomed from the start.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
The show was pointless and terrible. No reason to have it at all. If Sony didn't pull their conference this year you would shit all over it if all Sony talked about was games we have already known about for a while. Especially one that has been to the last 5 E3 shows.......

I play my Xbox One X more than my PS4 Pro. I already came out and said my PS4 is not my exclusive games console only. I am also smart enough to know when a show is good or crap. Even though I favor my 1X, and I sure as hell not going to look foolish and say their show was good and worth the time.

May 20, 2008
The show was pointless and terrible. No reason to have it at all. If Sony didn't pull their conference this year you would shit all over it if all Sony talked about was games we have already known about for a while. Especially one that has been to the last 5 E3 shows.......
Nah, to be honest I wouldn’t even care if they did a show or not.

Jun 4, 2007
While the industry is growing across the board, there seems to be fewer teams and studios focused on ‘mid-tier’ games that sit between triple-A blockbusters on one end and smaller indie games on the other. Those are some of the kinds of studios that we’re interested in partnering with right now, studios with teams that can make quality, crafted games that sit just between mid-tier and triple-A and by becoming part of our Microsoft Studios family, can focus on craft and innovation and accelerate their creative growth.

We were never focused on the size of a studio or the number of acquisitions. Regardless of size, studios develop unique cultures that fuel their creativity and innovation. For us, it came down to finding the right teams who can not only deliver great games but also fit well with the Microsoft Studios family. We also believe that the diversity of content is valuable. There is value in having studios in different parts of the world as those teams bring unique points of view and unique talents to game development. We are fortunate to have a great line-up of long-running triple-A franchises with Halo, Gears of War, Minecraft, Forza, Age of Empires and so on. Adding smaller teams with a focus on characters and stories helps round out the total portfolio.
https://wccftech.com/microsoft-round-up-portfolio-aa-games/

I thought they were pushing for more AAA titles with these new studios. Seems that I was wrong. AA titles are not going to get me to bite when I only care about AAA exclusives on the Xbox. I'm guessing PG and the new studio for the guy that worked on Tomb Raider will make AAA games. No clue on what those titles will be nor am I excited without seeing anything first.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Please stay calm. No need to judge or panic yet, people. Speculation is just that until we get the facts. If you don’t like something then keep your money and invest in something that suits your needs.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
A decent show . I didn’t expect any announcements as far as new games go. They’re probably saving that stuff for E-3.
It is suprising finding someone who has expectations from E3 still. all companies failed to create a hype at E3 except sony. And everyone knows now , Sony show us games that will be released 4 years later.

Jun 16, 2013
Game Pass is fantastic. Backwards Compatibility is also fantastic. Ever since Phil Spencer took over, Microsoft has done a lot of things right. With that being said, they do need to get some more exclusive AAA games out in the pipeline.

I'm mostly a fan of third-party games, but Microsoft's lack of first party exclusives is concerning. It reminds me of Nintendo's lack of third party content. I think it's too late to really push out that many exclusives this gen, but for the sake of the Xbox brand I hope they are working on quite a few for next-gen's Xbox.