Xbox 360 is a piece of garbage...

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
... at least, that's what I was thinking back in August when I sold it. AT this point, I realize that I made a very stupid decision. Why? Because I am suffering from mad withdrawal. All of this Modern Warfare 2 gameplay hype is driving me up the wall. I have seen so many YouTube vids and I must say, the game looks STUNNING. I was very good at the first one, and hope to become one of the best at the second one when I manage to get money for an Xbox.

So far, I have $240 out of the $340 that I need... So I am thinking by Nov 20th - December 1st, I will have an Xbox with all of the previous things that I had before. Which should I get - the 60GB model or the 120GB model. I am leaning towards the 120GB model, as it is only $20 more for 60GB not to mention the 120GB has a holiday bundle with two games.

Don't say, "Just ask for it for Christmas" because my parents refuse to feed my gaming addiction ever since I sold my systems in August. And, I agree, it was a HUGE mistake. Just wanted to share that little story of mine. :) Not to mention that there are a bunch of great games coming out for it - Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2... and many more (those are the main ones). I just can't stand it anymore...

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="MR_T, post: 0]

on a more serious note welcome back to the club....well nearly8)[/quote]
this story was a result of me having nothing else better to do with my time... i'd just like to point that out.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 4687220]So why DID you sell your consoles?[/quote]
I sold them because they were taking up space, for one. I wanted to get out and get to be more social, and I needed more money. Plus I needed clothes.

Sep 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]I sold them because they were taking up space, for one. I wanted to get out and get to be more social, and I needed more money. Plus I needed clothes.[/quote]
Wow, way to lay down the blatent truth. I wish I had that kind of self control. I hit zombie mode in front of the tv in september and it usually last until march. Then I start getting out and socializing and what not. But back to the topic, I would for sure go with the 120 gig. Downoaded games are great but running out of space is not.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]I sold them because they were taking up space, for one. I wanted to get out and get to be more social, and I needed more money. Plus I needed clothes.[/quote]

The world would be a better place if more people did this.... I've recently tried to be more social.. playing less games has landing me the best GF I've ever had. One I don't even deserve probably... Just a random thought with no relevance to the topic whatsoever. :lol:

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]The world would be a better place if more people did this.... I've recently tried to be more social.. playing less games has landing me the best GF I've ever had. One I don't even deserve probably... Just a random thought with no relevance to the topic whatsoever. :lol:[/quote]

Sorry but, how would the world be better? Gaming isn't an offense, and surely more people on the street = more chance for violence, etc.

theaface

Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2009
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]... at least, that's what I was thinking back in August when I sold it. AT this point, I realize that I made a very stupid decision. Why? Because I am suffering from mad withdrawal. All of this Modern Warfare 2 gameplay hype is driving me up the wall. I have seen so many YouTube vids and I must say, the game looks STUNNING... Not to mention that there are a bunch of great games coming out for it - Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2... and many more (those are the main ones). I just can't stand it anymore...[/quote]

I'm assuming you're a PS3 owner as well? Aside from L4D2, the other 2 games you've mentioned are multi-platform so unless you're without either a PS3 or a 360, surely there isn't that big of a crisis?

PTPOGO

Apprentice
Mar 20, 2008
I did the same thing about a year ago Pizza. I only owned the Arcade Model, but still missed a lot of good stuff with it missing.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
Yeah, I am definitely going to be gluing myself to the Xbox for quite a while once I get it back... so far I am about $240 from $340. I intend on having enough by the end of November.

PTPOGO

Apprentice
Mar 20, 2008
Hey if you buy a new console do any retailers have some kind of warranty where you can bring the 360 back if it breaks and replace it for a new one right in the store? That would be much better if anyone is offering something like that instead of wasting time sending stuff back to MS.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="enemyjeep, post: 0]Hey if you buy a new console do any retailers have some kind of warranty where you can bring the 360 back if it breaks and replace it for a new one right in the store? That would be much better if anyone is offering something like that instead of wasting time sending stuff back to MS.[/quote]
Yeah, but I'm not really interested in buying a warranty that costs $150 when you don't even know whether or not the console is going to break anyway. I would much rather keep my $150 for games and send the console to MS... you get the system back in like four business days. A friend of mine sent his out on a Tuesday, got his back the next Tuesday.

Jun 4, 2007
SOOOO....how's your current living situation? You don't have to go into great details but are you somewhat comfortable now? Your reason for selling your consoles seems like you should be focused on other things besides gaming again. Basically, are you jumping back in too soon due to being a gaming addict?

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]... at least, that's what I was thinking back in August when I sold it. AT this point, I realize that I made a very stupid decision. Why? Because I am suffering from mad withdrawal. All of this Modern Warfare 2 gameplay hype is driving me up the wall. I have seen so many YouTube vids and I must say, the game looks STUNNING. I was very good at the first one, and hope to become one of the best at the second one when I manage to get money for an Xbox.

So far, I have $240 out of the $340 that I need... So I am thinking by Nov 20th - December 1st, I will have an Xbox with all of the previous things that I had before. Which should I get - the 60GB model or the 120GB model. I am leaning towards the 120GB model, as it is only $20 more for 60GB not to mention the 120GB has a holiday bundle with two games.

Don't say, "Just ask for it for Christmas" because my parents refuse to feed my gaming addiction ever since I sold my systems in August. And, I agree, it was a HUGE mistake. Just wanted to share that little story of mine. :) Not to mention that there are a bunch of great games coming out for it - Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2... and many more (those are the main ones). I just can't stand it anymore...[/quote]

You need 340? Go 60 bucks more and you get a 250gb HD, two wireless controllers, MW2, and the console. A few more days wait, as it comes out Nov 10th, but seems worth it if you are starting fresh.

;)

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 4689014]ACK!

Where is here?[/quote]
Here is in Canada, and it's $429.99 apparently. I am not really willing to pay close to $500 for a console that just has a special skin and two controllers. It's just me who is going to be using the console - my friends all have Xboxes so they can just bring their controllers over.

Secondly, the skin looks pretty cool... but it's not really worth paying more money for when I can just buy decals off of the Internet. I don't need a headset as I already have a pair of Turtle Beach X1s, so the headset will probably just be trashed...

All I need is the console, a controller and a game. $340 will do me just fine.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 0]Sorry but, how would the world be better? Gaming isn't an offense, and surely more people on the street = more chance for violence, etc.[/quote]

Sorry, people getting out, being more social, doing more activities wouldn't make the world (or atleast the countries who even play video games) a better place. [Sarcasm]

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
Don't get me wrong, brother, getting out and being social isn't a bad thing at all. Some nights, though, I do enjoy coming home and playing a bunch of intense matches on Xbox instead of going out with friends (though it is very fun to do things with friends, too). It's just how I am... some nights I enjoy being a crazy ape-***** drunk, but other nights I prefer to just come home, put my bags on the floor, and flip on the good old Xbox. I miss those opportunities so I am saving up to buy my Xbox again.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Ya, me too. I was a video game addict... for years :lol:. I always had a lot of friends, I was just the awkward one that never talked to anyone because I was too busy playing COD4. I have a certain balance now, and I've been particularly happen since. Actually, I've been really happy for some reason lol. Don't get me wrong, I love me some... PS3.. as well. lol

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]Ya, me too. I was a video game addict... for years :lol:. I always had a lot of friends, I was just the awkward one that never talked to anyone because I was too busy playing COD4. I have a certain balance now, and I've been particularly happen since. Actually, I've been really happy for some reason lol. Don't get me wrong, I love me some... PS3.. as well. lol[/quote]
PS3 just wasn't for me. I mean, I bought it back in 2007... but when I was introduced to Xbox, my outlook on games changed completely. I just wasn't satisfied with the PS3, the community was just so much larger with the Xbox. Not to mention that you have service that is a lot better.

Don't get me wrong, PS3 has a lot of great exclusives but after taking a look at both sides of the coin I really found that the 360 suited what I enjoyed the most.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
:lol: I actually had an Xbox 360 for years before I got my PS3 on September 12th, 2009. Heck, I'm posting this on my PS3 right now, ironically.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
To the OP:

Great premise, really bad examples.

I mean, A lot of those games you mentioned could be maxxed out at 1080p on one of these and there are no yearly fees involved. Simply upgrade the computer you're already making posts on.

If KB/M ain't your thing, just add one of these:

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
If you're a big social gamer, the 360 really is the best fit by a fair bit. Have fun with your 360 again. :)

[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]PS3 just wasn't for me. I mean, I bought it back in 2007... but when I was introduced to Xbox, my outlook on games changed completely. I just wasn't satisfied with the PS3, the community was just so much larger with the Xbox. Not to mention that you have service that is a lot better.

Don't get me wrong, PS3 has a lot of great exclusives but after taking a look at both sides of the coin I really found that the 360 suited what I enjoyed the most.[/quote]