Xbox Fans Are DYING To Celebrate A Masterpiece. Phil Spencer chimes in.

May 20, 2008
Who defines that? You the agenda driven freak who is not interested in the console but cannot seem to stop commenting on something that does not tickle your fancy? They do not have a God of War calibre game, but guess what, Sony only has one game that is that calibre in their stable of titles. It is hardly a heaven and earth difference once someone looks at it

You seem to think that a quality game must equate to high sales numbers. It has never been the case, and I do not have the time to school you on numerous titles that have been quality but have not made a huge dent in terms of sales. Yet there are mediocre titles that will sell with every launch. As for the titles you listed, none of them is as mediocre as The Order 1886 which you want to see a sequel out for. It is this level of double standard that most of us find issue with when it comes to your posting habits.....and oh, Sunset Overdrive is quality.

Really?

Should we go through a list of games that Sony has cancelled? Or any other developer for that matter? It happens.......deal with it.

Oh, I am the victim. We see this routine so much from you these days. If this site had traffic as was once upon a time, you would have been binned for trolling long ago.

Ohhh, I brought up The Order for a reason, but you cannot see some hope for some of the new IP's MS put out that could get better too? This is the hypocrisy that astounds me time and again.
You got it all wrong. He’s doing it out of love because he doesn’t want Sony to get lazy..lol

Jun 4, 2007
Who defines that? You the agenda driven freak who is not interested in the console but cannot seem to stop commenting on something that does not tickle your fancy? They do not have a God of War calibre game.
I pointed out how much of a failure Phil is when it comes to games and you guys can't handle it. I backed it up with years worth of proof of Phil telling white lies. You guys believed him but I didn't. All talk and no actions. It's not me looking like a fool for believing in him all these years. Phil made you out to be a liar about the hardware too. You have no response to that do you?

I refuse to take the bait and allow you to ruin my thread. You're going to deal with this until Phil stops it. You better pray that E3 18' turns out amazing.:devilish:

You seem to think that a quality game must equate to high sales numbers. It has never been the case, and I do not have the time to school you on numerous titles that have been quality but have not made a huge dent in terms of sales. Yet there are mediocre titles that will sell with every launch.
The student can not school the master. Don't waste your time, young man.

Marketed "quality" AAA exclusives don't flop nor do they struggle to get a sequel. Those flopped i.ps were average at best. Trying to pin it down to launch titles selling is just another one of your ways of baiting. I know exactly what you're talking about based on your previous post. The student does not outsmart the master.

I know. Shocking to see how many times you seen and heard about crackdown 3 and sea of thieves, huh?

Should we go through a list of games that Sony has cancelled? Or any other developer for that matter? It happens.......deal with it.
Don't start your bullshit or I promise I'll report you for purposely derailing the thread. We'll see how you deal with that.

The xbone is in dire need for exclusives. Exclusives that raise the bar. Halo, Gears and Forza isn't getting the job done or else we wouldn't have this discussion on masterpieces.

Fable Legends was a potential masterpiece. Scalebound was a potential masterpiece. You see how that adds to the discussion? Now you deal with that. I can go deeper into these cancellations due to MS demanding the impossible base on budgets but I won't.

Phantom Dust remake. Another canceled Xbox one project that was hyped by Phil before the reveal. MS once again wanted the impossible from a shitty budget.

Oh, I am the victim. We see this routine so much from you these days. If this site had traffic as was once upon a time, you would have been binned for trolling long ago.
Look at my join date. I've been around for it all. I've had infractions and warnings. Not for trolling.

Ohhh, I brought up The Order for a reason, but you cannot see some hope for some of the new IP's MS put out that could get better too? This is the hypocrisy that astounds me time and again.
You need to stop smoking hardcore drugs. Something is clouding your brain.

Microsoft has $1 billion to invest in exclusive Xbox One titles. That has been a failed investment when it comes to AAA new i.p's this generation. These games aren't even getting sequels. OG XB had forza, halo, fable. The 360 had Gears, crackdown and Forza Horizion. The xbone has*crickets*
I listed new i.ps from each xbox gen that got sequels.

mynd said:
You'd be pushing it to say Horizon was a 360 IP. Yes it started on the 360, but the "go anywhere" style is exclusive to the XBox one.
Mynd said forza wouldn't really count in the 360 gen and I didn't argue against it because...
Either way Forza Horizion still falls under "giving another shot" to allow a title to become something special. I understand that every game can't get a 2nd chance but you have to try somewhere.
MS hasn't tried giving a 2nd chance to any of their flopped new i.ps this generation. Sony hasn't either.

That's just a fucking fact that for some reason you're mad about. The Order was brought up for the purpose of me listing a flopped new ip from PS4 that I wish would get a sequel. It didn't impact the topic in a negative way. In fact, I left the fucking doors open for any of you xbox gamers to describe what you wanted to see from a sequel out of the list of flops on xbox one. "No, Two. You're being a hypocrite. What about our titles that could get a sequel?" List them and describe what you want in their sequel. I ain't mad at you. I want to talk about it. That's why I'm constantly telling you guys to demand better. Don't sit on your ass and pretend this shit is ok. You're the prime example of the problem with xbox.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
I pointed out how much of a failure Phil is when it comes to games and you guys can't handle it. I backed it up with years worth of proof of Phil telling white lies. You guys believed him but I didn't. All talk and no actions. It's not me looking like a fool for believing in him all these years. Phil made you out to be a liar about the hardware too. You have no response to that do you?

I refuse to take the bait and allow you to ruin my thread. You're going to deal with this until Phil stops it. You better pray that E3 18' turns out amazing.:devilish:

Marketed "quality" AAA exclusives don't flop nor do they struggle to get a sequel. Those flopped i.ps were average at best. Trying to pin it down to launch titles selling is just another one of your ways of baiting. I know exactly what you're talking about based on your previous post. The student does not outsmart the master.

I know. Shocking to see how many times you seen and heard about crackdown 3 and sea of thieves, huh?

Don't start your bullshit or I promise I'll report you for purposely derailing the thread. We'll see how you deal with that.

The xbone is in dire need for exclusives. Exclusives that raise the bar. Halo, Gears and Forza isn't getting the job done or else we wouldn't have this discussion on masterpieces.

Fable Legends was a potential masterpiece. Scalebound was a potential masterpiece. You see how that adds to the discussion? Now you deal with that. I can go deeper into these cancellations due to MS demanding the impossible base on budgets but I won't.

Phantom Dust remake. Another canceled Xbox one project that was hyped by Phil before the reveal. MS once again wanted the impossible from a shitty budget.

Look at my join date. I've been around for it all. I've had infractions and warnings. Not for trolling.

MS hasn't tried giving a 2nd chance to any of their flopped new i.ps this generation. Sony hasn't either.

That's just a fucking fact that for some reason you're mad about. The Order was brought up for the purpose of me listing a flopped new ip from PS4 that I wish would get a sequel. It didn't impact the topic in a negative way. In fact, I left the fucking doors open for any of you xbox gamers to describe what you wanted to see from a sequel out of the list of flops on xbox one. "No, Two. You're being a hypocrite. What about our titles that could get a sequel?" List them and describe what you want in their sequel. I ain't mad at you. I want to talk about it. That's why I'm constantly telling you guys to demand better. Don't sit on your ass and pretend this shit is ok. You're the prime example of the problem with xbox.
1.) Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War 4. These are the four first/second party party exclusives on the Playstation 4 that I view as MUST have. That is a personal preference. The JRPG's I do not care about, same applies to remasters. The funny thing is that these games have usually come early in the year with nothing much coming later in the year while Microsoft usually has paltry offerings at the start of the year while they tend to get something right towards the end of the year. This is a console that launched in November 2013.........we are in 2018 and chances are that Sony may not have anything else of value this year. It is for all means and purposes a poor first party showing, and the same applies to Microsoft.

The only saving grace this generation is that there have been some quality third party titles to go around.

2.) Get this, I do not care about games that got cancelled because I am in no position to know why they got cancelled, neither are you. So I am never too attached to something that does not launch or is rushed to launch so that it can simply recoup some of the money that was put in its development. I have seen games like these launch on both consoles by these manufacturers. It was Lair, it was N3 and this generation there have been poor to average games on both consoles. So why should I worry about a game like Fable which was a series that was regressing? And while I would want the Xbox One to have a variety of titles, why would I feign disgust to the fact that they cancelled Scalebound, a game that I was never going to get?

3) If someone wants to see something negative about a product, they will always find something to complain about, even imagined. When MS launched the console, there were people here who could not stop posting on this section as to just how poor the Xbox One was. Back then, MS had an inferior console but Sony was struggling to put out games. All of that changed with the launch of the Xbox One X. Now it is constant complaints as to how MS needs a God of War 4 level game. Last year they launched Forza Motorsport 7, the previous year they had Forza Horizon 3. These are the two best exclusive racers on console, but people like you would rather close your eyes to this because it does not fit the agenda. They launched Gears of War 4 which is for me the best third person shooter exclusive on either ps4 or Xbox, and Halo is still by some distance the best exclusive FPS. Where Sony has them is in the single player story driven titles like Uncharted, HZD, and GoW and this is something that Phil Spencer has said they are looking to address.

So why not wait and see what turns out in future? Trolls far bigger than you have been here before and now they are nowhere to be seen. So I can safely say that I have seen it all. And we hope that MS will sort out their issue with first and second party, and the same applies to Sony, so we are are hardly dying to see a masterpiece.......after all we have see quality titles come on these consoles from year 1.

May 20, 2008

Xbox gamers should demand more single player focused story driven games. But while we’re doing that you should be beating on Sony’s door demanding better services like ea access, game pass and play anywhere. Better shooters and racers wouldn’t hurt either. So would more games with replay value. So while different things matter to different people they both have their pros and cons depending how you look at it.

You should really stop pretending you care so much. It’s really ridiculous at this point.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Xbox gamers should demand more single player focused story driven games. But while we’re doing that you should be beating on Sony’s door demanding better services like ea access, game pass and play anywhere. Better shooters and racers wouldn’t hurt either. So would more games with replay value. So while different things matter to different people they both have their pros and cons depending how you look at it.

You should really stop pretending you care so much. It’s really ridiculous at this point.
The thing is that they have recognized that this is something that they need to add on their stable of games and the head has come out and said that it is something they are working on.

Getting these games out is something that is going to take time and it is something that needs to be acknowledged, but at a time when MS is making moves to accomplish the same, there are people who are already jumping the gun and intimating that there may be lies here being spread. These are the same people who kept on ranting about how poor hardware was and how important resolution was.....funny thing is that this is something that has died out. Now it is a complaint that MS is so intent on fixing services with no games, yet Sony does even less and still has not sorted out the service.

Crazy I tell yah.

Jun 4, 2007
I seen no quotes so I didn't bother reading your meaningless reply. I made you out to be a liar on various subjects with facts. I can't take a salty liar serious at all.

You xbox fans love rewriting history to try and make a point while making yourself look foolish in the process due to facts that break your argument. You won't stick to the topic in hopes of derailment but its not working. This thread is a MS problem. Not Sony nor Nintendo. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Facts hurt you guys feelings for some reason. Grow a pair and get over it and stick to the topic.

MS needs a killer e3 18' outside of halo gears and forza or else tweets and threads like this will continue. Angry diehard Xbox fanboys asking for masterpieces will continue.

Once again you sound silly with the "wait and see" advice. "People aren't understanding that it takes time" GTfo. That's all people have done. You fans been repeating that garbage for years. You guys only have hope to look forward to. You don't even have trailers because he's scared of failing and having to cancel a game again. Do you need me to go pull that quote up for you. i'll do it to make you look silly if you deny it. 2017 was the worst year in xbox history. Xbone future cant be like 2017 again. I guess that's something to look forward to, right? Phil has been leading the xbox long enough to show a masterpiece. No excuses. He's had enough of them. Early gen exclusives were products of Don. What has Phil done? Release an average gears of war title?

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
The thing is that they have recognized that this is something that they need to add on their stable of games and the head has come out and said that it is something they are working on.

Getting these games out is something that is going to take time and it is something that needs to be acknowledged, but at a time when MS is making moves to accomplish the same, there are people who are already jumping the gun and intimating that there may be lies here being spread. These are the same people who kept on ranting about how poor hardware was and how important resolution was.....funny thing is that this is something that has died out.

Of course resolution has died out. Now it’s on to the next new thing which is “masterpiece “... lol God of War is a good series and is getting some well deserved attention but it’s not exactly a new IP. And if scoring 94 on metacritic qualifies it as a masterpiece, it’s not the only one because there are quite a few games with higher averages. Personally, I think metacritic is seriously flawed but it holds a lot of weight in the gaming industry. Basically, they call all the shots,meaning a game can be as good or bad as they want it to be.
Now it is a complaint that MS is so intent on fixing services with no games, yet Sony does even less and still has not sorted out the service.

Crazy I tell yah.
Yea, but you won’t here a peep about that from certain people like Two. He’s too busy finding every fault he can about Xbox to notice that it took Sony years to get to where they are too. But that’s about what you can expect out if him. Trolling Xbox is what he does best. He’s had years of practice with no repercussions.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Of course resolution has died out. Now it’s on to the next new thing which is “masterpiece “... lol God of War is a good series and is getting some well deserved attention but it’s not exactly a new IP. And if scoring 94 on metacritic qualifies it as a masterpiece, it’s not the only one because there are quite a few games with higher averages. Personally, I think metacritic is seriously flawed but it holds a lot of weight in the gaming industry. Basically, they call all the shots,meaning a game can be as good or bad as they want it to be.

Yea, but you won’t here a peep about that from certain people like Two. He’s too busy finding every fault he can about Xbox to notice that it took Sony years to get to where they are too. But that’s about what you can expect out if him. Trolling Xbox is what he does best. He’s had years of practice with no repercussions.
[/QUOTE]
Funniest thing is that the same people that complain about Gears and Halo have no qualms about Uncharted or God of War making so many appearances.

Jun 4, 2007
Funniest thing is that the same people that complain about Gears and Halo have no qualms about Uncharted or God of War making so many appearances.
Look at halo since 343 took over. Scores going down and halo 5 campaign sucked.

Gears 4 continues the downward trend of a once highly rated franchise becoming a shell of itself. Bungie and Epic seems to be the better talent. Now that Cliff no longer has a job maybe he can come make Gears great again. Lol keep talking. Argue that fact.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
That’s because the latter games are made by the one they support.

Gears 4 continues the downward trend of a once highly rated franchise becoming a shell of itself. Bungie and Epic seems to be the better talent. Now that Cliff no longer has a job maybe he can come make Gears great again. Lol keep talking.
Twisting your perceptions doesn’t exactly make them true.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010

Gears 4 continues the downward trend of a once highly rated franchise becoming a shell of itself. Bungie and Epic seems to be the better talent. Now that Cliff no longer has a job maybe he can come make Gears great again. Lol keep talking. Argue that fact.
Whatchu talkin about Willis? Halo 5 campaign did not suck, the story was not at the level which Bungie had it, but the gameplay was really good.

Gears of War 4 was as good as any gears game out there. Better story, same solid gameplay. The one thing they did not do was innovate a lot in the gameplay despite making some changes here and there to the AI, something that was understandable because this was The Coalition's first game, not to mention first huge game.

How long has it taken Sony before they changed the setup in God of War? How many games did it take for Guerilla to finally come up with a game that was one of the best in its class in HZD? MS is still king in FPS, TPS, sim and arcade racers. Sony still kills it in adventure games.

Also worth noting is the amount of content that these games have: fully fleshed out single player, a good amount of multiplayer, and in the case of Gears, the ebest horde mode in the series. The sky is hardly falling down.......the funny thing is that we are debating with someone who does not play these games and has no interest in playing them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008

Gears 4 continues the downward trend of a once highly rated franchise becoming a shell of itself. Bungie and Epic seems to be the better talent. Now that Cliff no longer has a job maybe he can come make Gears great again. Lol keep talking.
Funniest thing is that the same people that complain about Gears and Halo have no qualms about Uncharted or God of War making so many appearances.[/QUOTE]
Whatchu talkin about Willis? Halo 5 campaign did not suck, the story was not at the level which Bungie had it, but the gameplay was really good.

Gears of War 4 was as good as any gears game out there. Better story, same solid gameplay. The one thing they did not do was innovate a lot in the gameplay despite making some changes here and there to the AI, something that was understandable because this was The Coalition's first game, not to mention first huge game.

How long has it taken Sony before they changed the setup in God of War? How many games did it take for Guerilla to finally come up with a game that was one of the best in its class in HZD? MS is still king in FPS, TPS, sim and arcade racers. Sony still kills it in adventure games.

Also worth noting is the amount of content that these games have: fully fleshed out single player, a good amount of multiplayer, and in the case of Gears, the ebest horde mode in the series. The sky is hardly falling down.......the funny thing is that we are debating with someone who does not play these games and has no interest in playing them.
Where does he get all of this stuff? Halo 5 campaign wasn’t the greatest but it definitely isn’t as bad as he makes it seems and the multiplayer is still one of the best out there right now. And what’s this downward trend about Gears? That game still rocks. Sure they could of had more gameplay additions but you can say that about 99% of games out there. Imo those two shooters are still better than anything Sony has done in that genre. Killzone, Resistance or MAG (which was riddled with bugs, stiff animations, lack of content and polish) never was as good as Gears or Halo. Sony is kicking butt in the action/adventure genre though. No doubt about that. But that definitely doesn’t mean games like Quantum Break aren’t good. I’m hoping we get a sequel to that one and Ryse.

Jun 4, 2007
I'm just proving a point here.
Let me think for a sec...what did the 360 do?

Exclusives--->Timed exclusives---->Failed exclusives----->Giving up on new i.ps and going only proven 4m+ selling exclusives...

So what do I think about Phil's comments? Prove it to me 4 years into this generation. I simply don't trust MS. What? They sure are listing to fans by keeping a useless kinect in the box, which drives up price, and isn't needed to play most games.
Interesting post you made, Two. It's crazy that you made it back in 2014. It's as if you saw glimpses of the future. You've clearly given MS enough time. It's not your fault that Phil has failed to keep his promises.

I'm sure you have more.

I'm warning you now...Guard your ass because Arron Greenberg is trying to blow smoke up it....

"Quantum Break sold really well; it exceeded what we expected it to do," he said when discussing what Remedy might make next with Windows Central. "We were really pleased with how Quantum Break did. But just like every movie, not every game needs a sequel, sometimes it's okay."

Speaking generally about Remedy's future, Greenberg said, "They're very creative storytellers who build very rich, great games." Remedy was a "great partner" for Microsoft on Alan Wake and Quantum Break he said, so naturally, "We're excited to see what they do next."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-sold-really-well-beat-microsofts-exp/1100-6443009/

Do you see why I warned you? I find this to be fucking ridiculous. Don't you? Don't talk to me about the business side. You're a gamer and these mf'ers just told you everything was great on that end. QB was meant to have a sequel. The engine is already there. They obviously have ideas of how they want to fix and better things. The issues could easily be solved too.

"QB was a success. We just aren't going to fund a sequel." If you can't read between the lines...
That's from a couple years ago Two. @acryllicaltair claimed in this very thread that you didn't feel MS titles deserved to have sequels funded because you simply brought up the order. You clearly stated years ago why QB should get a sequel. Why did these xbox fans not post in your thread concerning the future of one of their "quality" exclusive? It appears that you wanted them to demand better years ago.

Do you have more, Two? You're clearly proving that you're not the enemy here. Your tactics are a little different but being the nice guy didn't get you any responses before. That is very strange since they are so called gamers.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008

Interesting post you made, Two. It's crazy that you made it back in 2014. It's as if you saw glimpses of the future. You've clearly given MS enough time. It's not your fault that Phil has failed to keep his promises.
Did Two see a glimpse of the future when Two claimed Agents of Mayhem was gonna be better than Crackdown...lol Or how about....well nevermind. You're referring to yourself in third person. Sometimes people do that to boost their confidence. Are you being paid to do this?

Jun 4, 2007
Did Two see a glimpse of the future when Two claimed Agents of Mayhem was gonna be better than Crackdown...lol Or how about....well nevermind. You're referring to yourself in third person. Sometimes people do that to boost their confidence. Are you being paid to do this?
Hell yeah I get paid. I got a youtube channel that plays off xbox fans feelings. Good and bad news. Damage controlling mostly. It all adds up. Easy money from pretending to be an xbox fanboy.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010

I'm sure you have more.

That's from a couple years ago Two. @acryllicaltair claimed in this very thread that you didn't feel MS titles deserved to have sequels funded because you simply brought up the order. You clearly stated years ago why QB should get a sequel. Why did these xbox fans not post in your thread concerning the future of one of their "quality" exclusive? It appears that you wanted them to demand better years ago.

Do you have more, Two? You're clearly proving that you're not the enemy here. Your tactics are a little different but being the nice guy didn't get you any responses before. That is very strange since they are so called gamers.
No, I questioned the integrity of your post which was for all intents and purposes lacking. You wanted a sequel to The Order which was a poor game by any standard; one of the worst exclusives put out this generation while bashing Microsoft for games that were good, not great. At some point you even mentioned Sunset Overdrive.

As I always say, I keep my points simple so that there is no misrepresentation or room for contradiction.

Jun 4, 2007
The voice of objectivity!
You see how he says Sony had no quality games for years(earlier in the thread) and now he calls all those Sony games bad? Yet all the flopped ms games were good quality games. Then he got the balls to say people are bias. These guys didn't even buy those games during launch. Idk about the order but those sony exclusives moved a million+. He says it has nothing to do with sales because these "bad" ps4 games sold better than those flopped good xbone games.

Ryse Son of Rome scored less than The Order and xbox fans kicked up a fuss about a sequel after they seen how God of War turned out(it's all over twitter and youtube). MS was going to make a sequel and tried to bully the i.p away from Crytek. Crytek told them to go screw themselves.

These same Xbox fans doing all this arguing did nothing when MS said Quantum Break sold to their expectations but they aren't funding a sequel. These guys tucked their tails. These same guys were around the forum when I made that post. The proof is in the thread I created. I even tried to rally them up. They were too big of a fanboy to question MS. Now they want to defend it and damage control. Even now he won't talk about MS basically spitting in their face about quantum break. These type of fans make me happy to see MS get dragged over the blazing coals. All the dumb pointless defending and "but Sony needs" when the subject is about MS constantly messing up and how should they fix. The fix is always "Wait until E3. Give them time. Don't complain or voice your displeasure with their strategy." It's a broken record. These defenders are crazy. When nothing happens at E3 they start making more excuses. They're going to scream from a mountain top once they finally end up being right.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Hell yeah I get paid. I got a youtube channel that plays off xbox fans feelings. Good and bad news. Damage controlling mostly. It all adds up. Easy money from pretending to be an xbox fanboy.
Is it done in third person too?:)

You see how he says Sony had no quality games for years(earlier in the thread) and now he calls all those Sony games bad? Yet all the flopped ms games were good quality games. Then he got the balls to say people are bias. These guys didn't even buy those games during launch. Idk about the order but those sony exclusives moved a million+. He says it has nothing to do with sales because these "bad" ps4 games sold better than those flopped good xbone games.

No, Two you need to quit with your lies. He gave sony props and admitted to MS not releasing a killer App this gen. These are quotes from Acryllicaltair in this thread:

This generation has been lacking in first and second party from Sony and Microsoft. That coupled with day 1 DLC, ever reducing content on disc, loot boxes and microtransactions mean that it is possibly the worst generation I have seen in my lifetime. This is where I give Sony the props with God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn, yet they also go the other side and charge a big chunk of money for a game still in development in GT before they sell you the end game. Shitty generation all around

"Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. These are four standout games on the Playstation 4 for me"
"Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War 4. These are the four first/second party party exclusives on the Playstation 4 that I view as MUST have"
"Where Sony has them is in the single player story driven titles like Uncharted, HZD, and GoW and this is something that Phil Spencer has said they are looking to address. "
" Both consoles have somewhat struggled for 1st and 2nd party games most of this generation, and this year Microsoft has not put out a single killer app title."[/QUOTE]

" It is also my hope that we see Sony continue to push out quality content with more regularity because that is something that will also push MS forward.
"
And even when he drops some factual stuff:
Last year they launched Forza Motorsport 7, the previous year they had Forza Horizon 3. These are the two best exclusive racers on console, but people like you would rather close your eyes to this because it does not fit the agenda. They launched Gears of War 4 which is for me the best third person shooter exclusive on either ps4 or Xbox, and Halo is still by some distance the best exclusive FPS. Where Sony has them is in the single player story driven titles like Uncharted, HZD, and GoW and this is something that Phil Spencer has said they are looking to address.
Your response to that was basically crickets... or "I can't take a salty liar serious at all". Who's really the liar here?
Well I have both consoles. This generation the PS4 is my go to one and gets far more play time, but the Xbox One has had some great games on it and I've really enjoyed those that I've played. Personally I don't care if they sell 40M, 55M, or 1 (to me) as long as there are games coming out for it.
[
Careful, you might be accused of being salty for admitting that both consoles have good games.

I guess the bigger question is that if you're never going to buy one, even if they have a super-dooper-pooper-scooper 2019, why do you care?
Its because Phil talks too much..lol

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside

so good MS took E3 to another level while Sony just keeps on faltering. but i'm sure you will continue on your merry little way (with the backing of the mods) to find fault with Xbox.

and with that........... I'm done here.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Sony just keeps on faltering..
Sony faltering??

How can anyone say Sony is faltering? Great exclusives one after another.

Just look at the exclusives that are still coming out.

Days Gone
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
The Last of Us 2

Sony continues to dominate the exclusive games territory and probably always will. Microsoft has done a wonderful job turning the Xbox brand around. The first 2 years the XB1 was horrid. The Xbox One X was such a smart move and really does an amazing job with older games and new ones. The console is amazing with a serious lack of good exclusives. The ones they do have are pretty good though.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
so good MS took E3 to another level while Sony just keeps on faltering. but i'm sure you will continue on your merry little way (with the backing of the mods) to find fault with Xbox.

and with that........... I'm done here.
Because of Sony's E-3 there are rumors that there will be a flute and banjo solo at the next presidential inauguration. So it wasn't all bad.:)

Jun 4, 2007
The xbox 2017 and 2018 exclusive lineup is what you call faltering. The best thing going for the xbone is being able to play 360 games with better graphics:ROFLMAO:. They're getting crushed with exclusives by Sony and Nintendo. They're getting crushed in console sales by Sony and Nintendo. They keep playing the same Halo, Gears and Forza broken record that doesn't excite new customers. New games from these new 1st party studios won't be out anytime soon and who knows what the quality of those games will be. You're missing out on 2 titles that MS decided to make PC exclusive lol. Where's your VR games that was promoted with X? Where's Crackdown 3 cloud-powered multiplayer and why were MS scared to demo C3?

We have officially went from "Wait until E3" to wait until next gen lmao. Talk about a kick to your green balls. You're still in gaming hell with no masterpieces. All eyes are on those new studios and if they don't deliver then they're going to be destroyed by the media when they finally start to release titles.

:cry:

Sony got all bases covered for the most part. Multiple AAA titles. Multiple AA titles. Multiple VR titles. There's no need to lie on Sony just because your preferred console lineup is pure trash and has been that way for 2 years in a row.

Last edited:

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com

Play Anywhere is an option Microsoft provides between their own systems (Xbox & Windows); no such option for Mac users and don't forget, not all titles are Play Anywhere on the Xbox. Sony had "Play Anywhere" @ launch for select titles. Games I had bought on the PS3 were available to me for download at no charge on the PS4 and PS Vita - branded under "Cross Play".

Sony likely won't make their games for PC (outside of making them available through the PlayStation Now service.)

May 20, 2008
The xbox 2017 and 2018 exclusive lineup is what you call faltering. The best thing going for the xbone is being able to play 360 games with better graphics:ROFLMAO:. They're getting crushed with exclusives by Sony and Nintendo. They're getting crushed in console sales by Sony and Nintendo. They keep playing the same Halo, Gears and Forza broken record that doesn't excite new customers. New games from these new 1st party studios won't be out anytime soon and who knows what the quality of those games will be. You're missing out on 2 titles that MS decided to make PC exclusive lol. Where's your VR games that was promoted with X? Where's Crackdown 3 cloud-powered multiplayer and why were MS scared to demo C3?

We have officially went from "Wait until E3" to wait until next gen lmao. Talk about a kick to your green balls. You're still in gaming hell with no masterpieces. All eyes are on those new studios and if they don't deliver then they're going to be destroyed by the media when they finally start to release titles.

:cry:

Sony got all bases covered for the most part. Multiple AAA titles. Multiple AA titles. Multiple VR titles. There's no need to lie on Sony just because your preferred console lineup is pure trash and has been that way for 2 years in a row.
What you mad about?...lol The majority of the industry have concluded that Microsoft had the best E3 show.

Play Anywhere is an option Microsoft provides between their own systems (Xbox & Windows); no such option for Mac users and don't forget, not all titles are Play Anywhere on the Xbox. Sony had "Play Anywhere" @ launch for select titles. Games I had bought on the PS3 were available to me for download at no charge on the PS4 and PS Vita - branded under "Cross Play".

Sony likely won't make their games for PC (outside of making them available through the PlayStation Now service.)
Let’s just say when it comes to services Sony has some work to do compared to Microsoft. In the games area, they are doing great . Ms are doing things to improve where they need to. Their E3 showed that. Sony was silent as usual about theur online infrastructure. MS are crushing them when it comes to stuff like BC and services.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Sony faltering??

How can anyone say Sony is faltering? Great exclusives one after another.
Their E3 showing was horrible.
Fortnite Fiasco is horrible.
Just look at the exclusives that are still coming out.

Days Gone
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
The Last of Us 2
Plenty of questions around Days Gone and Death Stranding.
But you missed my favorite Ghost.

Sony continues to dominate the exclusive games territory and probably always will. Microsoft has done a wonderful job turning the Xbox brand around. The first 2 years the XB1 was horrid. The Xbox One X was such a smart move and really does an amazing job with older games and new ones. The console is amazing with a serious lack of good exclusives. The ones they do have are pretty good though.
2020 is going to be a interesting year....

MS is going into the next gen in a far far better position than Sony, because they have done a huge amount of heavy lifting this gen, behind the scenes.

Sony:

PS5
-Plays PS4 games (maybe)

Xbox Two (f'd if I know)
-Xbox One X enhanced games
-Xbox One games
-360 games
-Xbox games
-Game Pass
-EA Access
-Cross platform games

MS's back compat catlog of game is going to be huge out of the gate.[/quote]

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Sony didn't do much for E3 and truth to be told E3 has become a joke for a long time. Microsoft had to deliver on their home turf and they provided the best conference for them in this generation.
Reality is that they didn't do much in the exclusive part of it they just presented things well. Acquiring studios is good for them but it's if these studios deliver and if Microsoft will give them enough creative freedom for new IPs is a another thing as well and to make a new hit like they did with Halo,Forza and Gears Of War.
Sony only needed to show a few exclusives and still are good on that side of things. Sony aren't struggling for next generation they just haven't revealed anything on it yet other them stating that they are on the final part of PS4s lifecycle.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Their E3 showing was horrible.
Fortnite Fiasco is horrible.

Plenty of questions around Days Gone and Death Stranding.
But you missed my favorite Ghost.

2020 is going to be a interesting year....

MS is going into the next gen in a far far better position than Sony, because they have done a huge amount of heavy lifting this gen, behind the scenes.

Sony:

PS5
-Plays PS4 games (maybe)

Xbox Two (f'd if I know)
-Xbox One X enhanced games
-Xbox One games
-360 games
-Xbox games
-Game Pass
-EA Access
-Cross platform games

MS's back compat catlog of game is going to be huge out of the gate.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but backward compatibility has done next to nothing for Xbox. Neither has EA Access, cross platform (which is very limited), or Game Pass (still early though). Xbox One X has not pushed the scales in MS favor either. Sony has built a stellar library and I don't see any reason why PS4 games wouldn't play on PS5 (actually, it would be suicidal if they can't at this point). So I don't see any of those things doing any more than what it has done. That is the reason MS bought/created those 5 new studios. MS desperately needs quality first party games.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
Let’s just say when it comes to services Sony has some work to do compared to Microsoft. In the games area, they are doing great . Ms are doing things to improve where they need to. Their E3 showed that. Sony was silent as usual about theur online infrastructure. MS are crushing them when it comes to stuff like BC and services.
We weren't talking about services. What you said and what I was responding to, was about Play Anywhere and that is present on the PlayStation between Sony's systems and on PC through PlayStation Now. Cross Play or Play Anywhere has been there since day one, surprisingly not advertised as much.

May 20, 2008
We weren't talking about services. What you said and what I was responding to, was about Play Anywhere and that is present on the PlayStation between Sony's systems and on PC through PlayStation Now. Cross Play or Play Anywhere has been there since day one, surprisingly not advertised as much.
Yea but you need a subscription. Play anywhere is free.

Yeah, but backward compatibility has done next to nothing for Xbox. Neither has EA Access, cross platform (which is very limited), or Game Pass (still early though). Xbox One X has not pushed the scales in MS favor either. Sony has built a stellar library and I don't see any reason why PS4 games wouldn't play on PS5 (actually, it would be suicidal if they can't at this point). So I don't see any of those things doing any more than what it has done. That is the reason MS bought/created those 5 new studios. MS desperately needs quality first party games.
I don't know about that. xbox gamers were asking for services like BC. Saying it has done nothing is inaccurate.

Last edited: