Xbox Fans Are DYING To Celebrate A Masterpiece. Phil Spencer chimes in.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I want my investment in games to follow me, just like PC users can.
And hell yes, Ive played through Bioshock ad Xcom in the past year, two fantastic games I played on my X for free because I had bought them previously.
Ive played Fusion Frenzy and Conker in 4k in the past few months as well.
And they both look beautiful and I had a lot of fun on both.
That's cool for you, sure. But how is this relevant for everyone? Also, if you stop paying, you don't get your games (at least as i read when they created the service). Still the case? if so, its more of a glorified rental service.

On PC you actually own your library of titles - at least on GOG, what Steam have for servers ceasing is anybodies guess.

OMG Lol.

Seriously,,FFS do you guys live under a rock.
Sony is universally HATED right now by Fortnite fans and you guys haven't a clue.
It seems more like you want to see it that way, more so than it is actually that way.

Sony are dicks, sure. But "universally hated" is highly hyperbolic.

Its still a service they offer, which is guess what...and option you dont even have.
So yeah sure you can dismiss it by saying "I dont want that" but you cant deny its fricken option.
Much like i said above, i don't make it a point to post where i game as if it validates me. I have a Steam library... They allow me to play online games for free over there, i dont need to subscribe or anything... see how silly this argument is?

It always cracks me up how people dismiss facts based on there own preference.
Again... Ironic.

I'm sorry but I will repeat this:

MS has SONY beats on services.

Thats a fucking fact.
This was the same last-gen no? How'd that translate for them?

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Conveniently left out SP...

It is hypocrisy, and it is ironic.

I actually play a bit of PC2 on PC - on a halfway decent set-up (not mine). Arguably better than both GT and Forza. So i don't know where you get this idea (again, no idea where you pull these things from) that this standard "cannot be argued by anyone that actually plays the game". I don't feel the need to add into my posts how much of X system i've played as if it somehow validates what i say. But i like racers, and i play them all - arguably Asseto Corsa is the best and worst.

GT is endorsed by the FIA, that's why the penalty system is as strict as it is. If you don't like it, off to potato land with you. Some of us actually want to race just to match ourselves against equally skilled players. GT does this really well (and not just in select leagues) when i play. The first corner of any Forza lobby is an exercise in patients.

No.
I will say this once and hope you understand seeing that things are getting heated.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (93%), this is what Crystal Dynamics put out.

Sony has these games reviewed as 90% or more on IGN. They are Bloodborne (91%), Uncharted (90%), Horizon Zero Dawn (97%) and God of War (100%). I do not play JRPG's, so I wouldn't know what they have out. Every other top rated title is a remaster or a collection. So where are all these top tier exclusives that Sony has been putting out?

Here are your remasters and collections.

The Last of Us Remastered (100%).
Shadow of the Colossus (97%).
Ratchet and Clank (90%)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (90%).

Was it not this that you argued needed minimal effort to put out? Last gen remasters

Forza Horizon 3 (95%), Forza Motorsport 7 (92%), Gears of War 4 (92%), Forza Horizon 2 (90%), Sunset Overdrive (90%), Forza Motorsport 6 (90%), Halo 5 (90%).

Now, when you look at that list, where is Sucker Punch? They have not put out a killer app title since last generation, and that is not a lie, it is not hypocrisy. It is what it is.

Media Molecule? They have spent the last 7 years putting two games on PS Vita. Do you seriously want us to mention them here with nothing, zero to show this generation?

I always say that in this site there are a lot of people that simply repeat the same thing because it is being said elsewhere. Put it to the test and see just how thin it is.

When it comes to PC, I do not game on it bar the free to play stuff on my laptop when I am nowhere near a console. I have read on a lot of places that sims are better there, with more options. I could not care to be honest. I made a choice a long time ago not to do AAA games on it and I am fine with that.

On GT, the penalty system is broken, and this is an issue that is on each and every site that offers a sizeable following to the game. The FIA comment is there to essentially defend a system that does not work as well as envisioned. People have been complaining on GT planet ever since the game dropped, there are I do not know how many Youtube videos made on the same issue even by some of the biggest accounts of the racing sim genre.

This is straw clutchery at its finest.

On Forza, it depends on who you play and what lobbies you frequent. No single sim has it right or even close to it.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
Nice try grouping Ratchet and Clank with remasters there. Ratchet and Clank was a PS2 game, remade for the PS4.

edit
one correction I'd like to make from earlier is Sony now brands titles that are available on multiple platforms with only one charge as "Cross Buy" instead of "Cross Play" which is similar to "Play Anywhere".

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Nice try grouping Ratchet and Clank with remasters there. Ratchet and Clank was a PS2 game, remade for the PS4.
Shadow of the Colossus was a PS2 game redone for the playstation 4.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection or that God of War 3 game that was remastered.

Same thing. It is not original content. This cannot be the basis for bragging about how good a lineup is, and I hope that with game pass coming, people being able to migrate their games onto a new console that it is something that dies.

There is a lie that is perpetrated that MS is doing way worse than Sony in exclusives........it is not close.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I will say this once and hope you understand seeing that things are getting heated.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (93%), this is what Crystal Dynamics put out.

Sony has these games reviewed as 90% or more on IGN. They are Bloodborne (91%), Uncharted (90%), Horizon Zero Dawn (97%) and God of War (100%). I do not play JRPG's, so I wouldn't know what they have out. Every other top rated title is a remaster or a collection. So where are all these top tier exclusives that Sony has been putting out?

Here are your remasters and collections.

The Last of Us Remastered (100%).
Shadow of the Colossus (97%).
Ratchet and Clank (90%)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (90%).

Was it not this that you argued needed minimal effort to put out? Last gen remasters

Forza Horizon 3 (95%), Forza Motorsport 7 (92%), Gears of War 4 (92%), Forza Horizon 2 (90%), Sunset Overdrive (90%), Forza Motorsport 6 (90%), Halo 5 (90%).
You know full well what is wrong with your post. But if this gives you blissful sleep at night, then let ignorance be.

Now, when you look at that list, where is Sucker Punch? They have not put out a killer app title since last generation, and that is not a lie, it is not hypocrisy. It is what it is.

Media Molecule? They have spent the last 7 years putting two games on PS Vita. Do you seriously want us to mention them here with nothing, zero to show this generation?
You avoided the company with zero staff... again.

You saying its not ironic does not change the fact that a few posts ago you tried to pass off SR and MM and irrelevant... yet at the same time hold the belief that a company with no staff is relevant.

I always say that in this site there are a lot of people that simply repeat the same thing because it is being said elsewhere. Put it to the test and see just how thin it is.
IGN... you literally just posted from IGN, and only IGN.

On GT, the penalty system is broken, and this is an issue that is on each and every site that offers a sizeable following to the game. The FIA comment is there to essentially defend a system that does not work as well as envisioned. People have been complaining on GT planet ever since the game dropped, there are I do not know how many Youtube videos made on the same issue even by some of the biggest accounts of the racing sim genre.
I think this observation, and this:
On Forza, it depends on who you play and what lobbies you frequent. No single sim has it right or even close to it.
are quite indicative. You really can't handle any criticism toward anything with an MS logo...

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
And Sonys first party rightly should have got shit. Their output and game quality was sub par. Just like MS’s is now.
But listen to yourself you be just finished telling us how MS should be selling heaps but aren’t because of no AAA exclusives then rightly point out than Sony’s output up until 2017 was crap (Bloodbourne excluded). Didn’t stop it from selling did it?

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Actually, Xbox One did much better in those years than now. Xbox One won 4 straight months in the US at the end of 2016, winning the fall 2015 and the fall 2014. Since 2017, I don't think Xbox One has put two winning months together. So yeah, Xbox One was actually more competitive when MS was actually putting out quality games. Either way, the disparity in games between Xbox One and PS4 prior to 2017 is nothing like it is now, imo.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
You know full well what is wrong with your post. But if this gives you blissful sleep at night, then let ignorance be.

You avoided the company with zero staff... again.

You saying its not ignorance does not change the fact that a few posts ago you tried to pass off SR and MM and irrelevant... yet at the same time hold the belief that a company with no staff is relevant.

IGN... you literally just posted from IGN, and only IGN.

I think this observation, and this:
are quite indicative. You really can't handle any criticism toward anything with an MS logo...
Bro. It is just games. No need to get worked up.

Media Molecule have done zero. Zilch. Nada on consoles in the last 7 years. That is not a lie. It is what it is. Maybe they will launch something next year, or the year after that....whenever Sony see's it fit to release Dreams.

Secondly, if I mentioned Sucker Punch as a good developer devoid of a killer app those are just hard hitting truths. I would have to mention Titanfall and Forza 5 which, well you guessed it, outperformed their titles.

Today is when we debunk this lie you guys have been peddling willy nilly.

I posted IGN because they have always been my go to reviewer. I have said that for years here.....there is a search function if it bothers you that much.

And no, I actually critique MS, point out some of the blunders done by Don Mattrick in undoing the foundation laid by Robbie Bach and Shane Kim. Some as recent as this past weekend heading into this week. I have complained about the lack of single player story driven games, but alas, it dont fit your agenda.

Take the L bro. No reason talking Sucker Punch on here being so great.............can of worms that. It forces you to admit so many XB1 titles are killer apps, and that goes down to the likes of Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break etc. Trust me, not worth the debate.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Bro. It is just games. No need to get worked up.
Curious who's getting worked up? I'm not the one cursing a games AI...

Media Molecule have done zero. Zilch. Nada on consoles in the last 7 years. That is not a lie. It is what it is. Maybe they will launch something next year, or the year after that....whenever Sony see's it fit to release Dreams.

Secondly, if I mentioned Sucker Punch as a good developer devoid of a killer app those are just hard hitting truths. I would have to mention Titanfall and Forza 5 which, well you guessed it, outperformed their titles.
I believe this is like the third... fourth time? you've posted this... or something to a similar tune.

I got it the first time. But it's clearly pointless perpetuating this.

there is a search function if it bothers you that much.
No. As i said, you are fully aware of how tragic the post was.

It forces you to admit so many XB1 titles are killer apps
And this would be an issue.... why? You do recall i hold Forza and GT in equally high regard, yeah? It sounds more like this is an issue you live with, and therefore project onto others.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Actually, Xbox One did much better in those years than now. Xbox One won 4 straight months in the US at the end of 2016, winning the fall 2015 and the fall 2014. Since 2017, I don't think Xbox One has put two winning months together. So yeah, Xbox One was actually more competitive when MS was actually putting out quality games. Either way, the disparity in games between Xbox One and PS4 prior to 2017 is nothing like it is now, imo.
They literally just had their best May NPD

Jun 4, 2007
I wonder if we'll get a masterpiece from MS this generation lol? We know it won't come in the form of a new i.p.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Curious who's getting worked up? I'm not the one cursing a games AI...

I believe this is like the third... fourth time? you've posted this... or something to a similar tune.

I got it the first time. But it's clearly pointless perpetuating this.

No. As i said, you are fully aware of how tragic the post was.

And this would be an issue.... why? You do recall i hold Forza and GT in equally high regard, yeah? It sounds more like this is an issue you live with, and therefore project onto others.
Mate, stop getting worked up over nothing.

There are games you like, there are reviewers you like. I am not here to try and change your opinion on what works for you or anyone else for that matter. This is something I have said for years.

I do not care about remasters or collections, this is not something that I have started saying today either. I cannot be arsed to play something I played previously, pay for it because it has a new coat of paint. If that is for you, then well and good.

There is nothing tragic in anything I said. I backed it up, as I always back everything up.

Lastly, you hold Forza and GT in similar regard. I am not here to change what your opinion or taste is. I have accepted it as is. What I said was their penalty system is broken (and it is) and that Yamauchi is yet to make a game where AI was not poor (it is true).

It is all opinion. To this degree I said that there are people that say Tekken 7 is the best Tekken game. That is their opinion, mine is that it is Tekken 5.

I am not here to try and change your opinion, what reviewer you rate and what experiences you consider worth it or not. So I fail to see why you think I have a problem or I am trying to project something to you.

Notice how your CPU debate died. Notice how your critique of MS acquisitions died the moment history was pulled up? Notice how you seem to be projecting that I have an issue with your position or how you rate some games when I have stated what makes a better game for me in the sim space?

IGN works for me, my tastes and preferences work for me and have done so for over two and a half decades in gaming. So as Rocko said, you just do you, Im'ma do me.

What I wouldn't give for a @gremlinz comment on this. Boss, I know you are reading.

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
1. Microsoft really does not care whether they sell you the game on Windows or they sell it to you on Xbox. Both are their platforms. What they are counting on is a sale, and they have gone beyond to tell you that there is a play anywhere feature that allows you to buy it on one platform and carry your progress into another if you so wish.

2. I am always patient when it comes to games. My hope is that they continue expanding their studios.

3. Gamescon may be getting bigger, but there is just something with E3 that makes it special. This year in particular, the exit interviews that were on Inside Xbox, or the feature with Giant Bomb were eye openers. This is the sort of coverage and access that I rarely get to see from Gamescon or even Tokyo Games Show.
1. Well as for that most of the releases to what I was saying before pretty much most of it is for Steam Store only which I didn't point out last time.

3. Maybe E3 in a sense is nostalgia I remember back in 2016 lot of people were disappointed in a lot of it. 2017 wasn't anything special either.Personally I found the pre-Tokyo Game Show's reveals in 2014 were really exciting and I found the full conference in the show ok but not as exciting as the pre-show Yes well lot of community have exclusive based interviews and sometime extra footage lot of game communities do it as well as Playstation,Xbox,Nintendo and game sites all have specific things like that. Yeah well the extra DMC5 interview with a tiny bit of extra footage on Inside Xbox but that game going to be playable in Gamescom anyway.

G

gremlinz

There are games you like, there are reviewers you like. I am not here to try and change your opinion on what works for you or anyone else for that matter. This is something I have said for years.

I do not care about remasters or collections, this is not something that I have started saying today either. I cannot be arsed to play something I played previously, pay for it because it has a new coat of paint. If that is for you, then well and good.

There is nothing tragic in anything I said. I backed it up, as I always back everything up.

Lastly, you hold Forza and GT in similar regard. I am not here to change what your opinion or taste is. I have accepted it as is. What I said was their penalty system is broken (and it is) and that Yamauchi is yet to make a game where AI was not poor (it is true).

It is all opinion. To this degree I said that there are people that say Tekken 7 is the best Tekken game. That is their opinion, mine is that it is Tekken 5.

I am not here to try and change your opinion, what reviewer you rate and what experiences you consider worth it or not. So I fail to see why you think I have a problem or I am trying to project something to you.

Notice how your CPU debate died. Notice how your critique of MS acquisitions died the moment history was pulled up? Notice how you seem to be projecting that I have an issue with your position or how you rate some games when I have stated what makes a better game for me in the sim space?

IGN works for me, my tastes and preferences work for me and have done so for over two and a half decades in gaming. So as Rocko said, you just do you, Im'ma do me.

What I wouldn't give for a @gremlinz comment on this. Boss, I know you are reading.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I find it tedious debating with people who cannot argue issues. It is easier to sit on the sidelines.

It is side-splitting reading this thread from start to finish and seeing the boomerang effect happen. It took some time, but eventually some people were caught in a trap of their own making.

You cannot have your cake and eat it, anything you say will be used against you are two principles in debate that one cannot escape.

Masterpiece games: We all agree that Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are games that someone should buy a PS4 for. IGN similarly agrees, and gaming population agrees with this assessment. Why should one have difficulty with their reviews on Xbox One titles that have hit the 90% mark and above?

This is a matter of preference as to whether you love one or more of Eurogamer, Gamespot, IGN, PSU, Official Playstation/Xbox Magazine, Giantbomb, Angry Joe, Metacritic, user reviews on any site/forum, video hosting site, newspaper or even word of mouth.

So the question is not ->>> why IGN? It might as well be ->>> why you have an issue with another choosing to associate with IGN. This is double edged hence the reason no one is tackling it.
Checkmate.
If this were a court of law, this would be the optimal position where equilibrium is achieved. You cannot trash Acryllicaltair, you cannot trash IGN, you cannot trash preference because the last is an asshole; everybody has one.

Hardware: Microsoft and Sony both selected jaguar cores for this generation and they had an opening to change that on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. They preferred to continue with the same setup.
What does complaining accomplish five years in and with the refresh done? Is it going to change anything? I guarantee that some guys complain because they can, and then they leave a debate filled with complaints about how poor hardware components were and walk into praising software and what has been accomplished on a platform.

Studio buyouts and expansions: Anyone that is critical of any of these is foolish and portraying bias as concern. I always hope that games will get better, that we may not have any poor titles. Hope is something that you have when it leaks that a developer has a new project. This is something that is true for any developer on any platform I game on. It does not always materialize as such.

Phil Spencer said ‘we have listened’. He went out and bought four studios and is starting one. This is what consumers have been pushing for him to do and he has gone on and done it. They should have done this a lot sooner, but that is water under the bridge.

This is another place where you cannot have your cake and eat it, where you cannot complain about a problem and also complain when it is fixed.

Media Molecule: Class developer. I hope Dreams lives up to their standard of making games.

Sucker Punch: Words escape me on how much Ghost of Tsushima impressed at E3.

Polyphony Digital: It is getting harder to defend the product they put out compared to the time they spend. This is the only racing title alongside Dirt that I played on the PS3, it is the franchise that dominated my racing game time on the PS2.
The solitary reason for playing career is simply to build a garage and customize it, or unlock cars to use in split screen. There is no challenge or enjoyment in GT mode when you can get that in Forza Motorsport and Project Cars which are both on console. Complaints as Microsoft have shown are good.

Going forward, only the rigid argue against what Microsoft is doing with Game Pass, Play Anywhere, Microsoft AI, Fast Start and the ability to carry your games to the next generation. All of these are options as has been mentioned, that benefit the consumer. It is a stark difference to the start of the generation where their anti consumer practices brought gamer frustration and led them to vote with their wallets. It is no lie that they have a head start on Sony going into the next generation.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I find it tedious debating with people who cannot argue issues. It is easier to sit on the sidelines.

It is side-splitting reading this thread from start to finish and seeing the boomerang effect happen. It took some time, but eventually some people were caught in a trap of their own making.

You cannot have your cake and eat it, anything you say will be used against you are two principles in debate that one cannot escape.

Masterpiece games: We all agree that Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are games that someone should buy a PS4 for. IGN similarly agrees, and gaming population agrees with this assessment. Why should one have difficulty with their reviews on Xbox One titles that have hit the 90% mark and above?

This is a matter of preference as to whether you love one or more of Eurogamer, Gamespot, IGN, PSU, Official Playstation/Xbox Magazine, Giantbomb, Angry Joe, Metacritic, user reviews on any site/forum, video hosting site, newspaper or even word of mouth.

So the question is not ->>> why IGN? It might as well be ->>> why you have an issue with another choosing to associate with IGN. This is double edged hence the reason no one is tackling it.
Checkmate.
If this were a court of law, this would be the optimal position where equilibrium is achieved. You cannot trash Acryllicaltair, you cannot trash IGN, you cannot trash preference because the last is an asshole; everybody has one.

Hardware: Microsoft and Sony both selected jaguar cores for this generation and they had an opening to change that on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. They preferred to continue with the same setup.
What does complaining accomplish five years in and with the refresh done? Is it going to change anything? I guarantee that some guys complain because they can, and then they leave a debate filled with complaints about how poor hardware components were and walk into praising software and what has been accomplished on a platform.

Studio buyouts and expansions: Anyone that is critical of any of these is foolish and portraying bias as concern. I always hope that games will get better, that we may not have any poor titles. Hope is something that you have when it leaks that a developer has a new project. This is something that is true for any developer on any platform I game on. It does not always materialize as such.

Phil Spencer said ‘we have listened’. He went out and bought four studios and is starting one. This is what consumers have been pushing for him to do and he has gone on and done it. They should have done this a lot sooner, but that is water under the bridge.

This is another place where you cannot have your cake and eat it, where you cannot complain about a problem and also complain when it is fixed.

Media Molecule: Class developer. I hope Dreams lives up to their standard of making games.

Sucker Punch: Words escape me on how much Ghost of Tsushima impressed at E3.

Polyphony Digital: It is getting harder to defend the product they put out compared to the time they spend. This is the only racing title alongside Dirt that I played on the PS3, it is the franchise that dominated my racing game time on the PS2.
The solitary reason for playing career is simply to build a garage and customize it, or unlock cars to use in split screen. There is no challenge or enjoyment in GT mode when you can get that in Forza Motorsport and Project Cars which are both on console. Complaints as Microsoft have shown are good.

Going forward, only the rigid argue against what Microsoft is doing with Game Pass, Play Anywhere, Microsoft AI, Fast Start and the ability to carry your games to the next generation. All of these are options as has been mentioned, that benefit the consumer. It is a stark difference to the start of the generation where their anti consumer practices brought gamer frustration and led them to vote with their wallets. It is no lie that they have a head start on Sony going into the next generation.
They never see it coming because they are so busy arguing against MS. Plant a few mistakes here and there to mask the entry, but all in all people always show their face when you really question and they are eager to prove you wrong.

You play a lot of GT, what do you make of the penalty system. What of the exclusives across platforms?

G

gremlinz

They never see it coming because they are so busy arguing against MS. Plant a few mistakes here and there to mask the entry, but all in all people always show their face when you really question and they are eager to prove you wrong.

You play a lot of GT, what do you make of the penalty system. What of the exclusives across platforms?
Some mental stuff. Some proper bat shit crazy stuff.

I am reading of people that want Microsoft to do well but are all up in arms when some Xbox exclusives are reviewed well. These were things I used to read last generation when crazy fans would say that the media is biased or they had been paid by the Redmond based company.

I think that the idea that Microsoft was struggling for quality titles was always overstated even by guys who could not stop singing praises of these on their pages.

GT penalty system is well thought out but poorly implemented. It is a mess even in races where people are trying to play fair. That unwritten rule that most quality Forza lobbies follow of letting someone regain a position on a bump works better than anything else, plus there is the option to boot any dissenting party from the next race.

And Dan Greenawalt has been wiping the floor with Kazaunori Yamauchi. Painful as it is, it needs saying.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
The first comments was sarcasm.
I am fully aware people want to play these old games.

The core difference is Sony make you pay for them again...and again....
Lol, totally missed the sarcasm. Not sure I see how they make you pay for them repeatedly but the ones they have re-released as collections have also come with additional features (mostly trophies) so better than not having any option at all - full backwards compatibility is ideal, no doubt; if it's not a collection or remaster and you've bought it before, you don't have to pay again btw. I haven't had to re-buy any of the PS1 digital releases for other Sony platforms that they are also available on.

Last edited:

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com

I've been reading his posts and I don't see how he was getting worked up. He just kept asking you to respond to certain topics which you seemed to be ignoring. Now you've resorted to childish behavior in hopes of getting a rise out of him.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
I've been reading his posts and I don't see how he was getting worked up. He just kept asking you to respond to certain topics which you seemed to be ignoring. Now you've resorted to childish behavior in hopes of getting a rise out of him.
Stop.

The moment someone resorts to comments like potato racing, then they are acting up.

The moment someone has an issue with anyone using IGN......and I have said it for years that they are my to go to reviewer when it is pointed that there are more games rated 90% and above from MS than Sony that are not remasters, then they have an issue.

@gremlinz ended it when he said that what you have is bias being peddled as concern or critical thinking. It is not. You know it, I know it.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Some mental stuff. Some proper bat shit crazy stuff.

I am reading of people that want Microsoft to do well but are all up in arms when some Xbox exclusives are reviewed well. These were things I used to read last generation when crazy fans would say that the media is biased or they had been paid by the Redmond based company.

I think that the idea that Microsoft was struggling for quality titles was always overstated even by guys who could not stop singing praises of these on their pages.

GT penalty system is well thought out but poorly implemented. It is a mess even in races where people are trying to play fair. That unwritten rule that most quality Forza lobbies follow of letting someone regain a position on a bump works better than anything else, plus there is the option to boot any dissenting party from the next race.

And Dan Greenawalt has been wiping the floor with Kazaunori Yamauchi. Painful as it is, it needs saying.
That vaunted FIA fair penalty system.

Last edited:
G

gremlinz

There were a lot of people that were involved in outright dishonesty.

GT Sport’s implementation of the penalty system was bad and with the new updates it went to garbage. There is no enjoyment in the game.

Any small bump which is normal in racing games results in a penalty, more often than not it is to the person who has been aggrieved. There are those who also abuse and game the system because it does not factor whether an advantage was gained off a perceived bump or another player lost out.

There is no way of knowing who has a penalty to serve so that you try and avoid the normal racing line when you are behind them or stop drafting to gain speed. There is no way of knowing when they are serving their penalty or when a player is busy accumulating silly penalties on others. The best execution for this would have been to have penalty zones on different sections of the track where people can serve their penalty.

As of now, the game is broken beyond purpose for a title that launched as an online racer. This is a classic case of form over function. Even worse is the ‘serve it or gain it’ approach where you accumulate more and more penalties when you did nothing wrong.

This is a normal race on GT sport where you accrue penalties regardless of how well you drive.

It is insipid of anyone to praise such a garbage system. How do you even race at Nurgurgring or Brands Hatch?

On games, there was a lot of resentment to the comment that Xbox One had more quality titles. The IGN scores pretty much ended that discussion because no one wants to extend that to whether or not they are reputable.

When you call someone a liar on a forum, refuse an offer to check out whether his claims are baseless or not only for them to be posted here in full glare. GT is endorsed by FIA or off to potato land while not conceding that the GT community have been complaining since launch about the system and continue to do so was point scoring at its finest.

The hardware discussion (off topic) was ended by a haymaker, the game discussion and IGN scores were another haymaker, the GT Sport broken penalty system comments on where the community was at and the videos were another haymaker. The history of studio purchases by Sony, Microsoft losing partners, another haymaker.

Guys have been spouting shit and trying to front their bias as concern. It was quite refreshing seeing mynd and Acryllic deconstructing, calling out people on their views and them not being able to muster a coherent response because they were never discussing issues. Discombobulate and scatter them they did, so it is out of the ordinary to see you comment that there might have been some childish behavior. Fijiandoce got rinsed on every single topic he raised.

Where I disagree was on Media Molecule. They are a class developer.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
There were a lot of people that were involved in outright dishonesty.

GT Sport’s implementation of the penalty system was bad and with the new updates it went to garbage. There is no enjoyment in the game.

Any small bump which is normal in racing games results in a penalty, more often than not it is to the person who has been aggrieved. There are those who also abuse and game the system because it does not factor whether an advantage was gained off a perceived bump or another player lost out.

There is no way of knowing who has a penalty to serve so that you try and avoid the normal racing line when you are behind them or stop drafting to gain speed. There is no way of knowing when they are serving their penalty or when a player is busy accumulating silly penalties on others. The best execution for this would have been to have penalty zones on different sections of the track where people can serve their penalty.

As of now, the game is broken beyond purpose for a title that launched as an online racer. This is a classic case of form over function. Even worse is the ‘serve it or gain it’ approach where you accumulate more and more penalties when you did nothing wrong.

This is a normal race on GT sport where you accrue penalties regardless of how well you drive. The biggest problem in all of this is it affects rating and as such the grouping model. This is a mockery of the claim of how fair it is when the system is manipulated and PD have had issues fixing it from day one and mulitple penalty patches.

It is insipid of anyone to praise such a garbage system. How do you even race at Nurgurgring or Brands Hatch?

On games, there was a lot of resentment to the comment that Xbox One had more quality titles. The IGN scores pretty much ended that discussion because no one wants to extend that to whether or not they are reputable.

When you call someone a liar on a forum, refuse an offer to check out whether his claims are baseless or not only for them to be posted here in full glare. GT is endorsed by FIA or off to potato land while not conceding that the GT community have been complaining since launch about the system and continue to do so was point scoring at its finest.

The hardware discussion (off topic) was ended by a haymaker, the game discussion and IGN scores were another haymaker, the GT Sport broken penalty system comments on where the community was at and the videos were another haymaker. The history of studio purchases by Sony, Microsoft losing partners, another haymaker.

Guys have been spouting shit and trying to front their bias as concern. It was quite refreshing seeing mynd and Acryllic deconstructing, calling out people on their views and them not being able to muster a coherent response because they were never discussing issues. Discombobulate and scatter them they did, so it is out of the ordinary to see you comment that there might have been some childish behavior. Fijiandoce got rinsed on every single topic he raised.

Where I disagree was on Media Molecule. They are a class developer.
They solved this with update 1.18, that came after you gave up on it. The penalty system is still broken though, and people still serve penalties on the track. And the penalty system was not broken on bumps alone. Why they thought it a good idea to penalize people who had made a mistake, grazed a wall and lost time in the process still amuses me.

The it is a fair system comment is also unfounded on how penalties are applied to say A/S or S/S level player to any tier lower.

What they have done is come up with a game where the fear of penalties overrides a competitive experience. I can drive passive from 5th and hope that the players ahead battle and rack up penalties, as they are doing that I will make my way up. Great racing is about making things happen, applying pressure and taking opportunities when they come up. A 2 second penalty means that you are losing more than that in a race and a good amount of the time you have no idea or control of anything that is happening. The yellow flag system also sounds good in theory, but how it affects the game is way negative than it is positive.

The game is a clusterfuck.

@Fijiandoce was talking about its merits and there are so few you cannot establish what they add to the experience on Sport mode. Update 1.13 did not make it better, and while 1.15 looked to address some of the issues, the core system is broken because there is an issue with where blame is put. Trading paint gets you a penalty in this game, a bump that leads to no one gaining an advantage can get you a 10 second penalty even when playing really really good players. If you are in a game where you have a opportunity to get past someone, and there is room to do it while simply trading paint and have to back off for the fear of penalties, then there is something very wrong.

Knowing you, this is something you will neither address or will come in here and offer a blanket statement like 'you are wrong'.

This is one of the many threads at GTPlanet where people are complaining about the penalty system.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nalties-brought-to-gran-turismo-sport.378756/

Another one

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/penalty-system-is-still-a-piece-of.378725/

So what GT Sport game are you playing that is unicorns and a bed of rose petals?

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Don't know if you've played any of Forza or GT, but Forza's online is unequivocally hot trash. The sim is fine, the people though can get thrown in a skip.

In GT, if you race like a potato, you'll get grouped with potatoes. Not the case in Forza. You race like a potato, you'll get grouped with anybody.

But it's clear you don't really care all that much for racers... so why even argue the point?
This playlist though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkbPPvFn08YSW5wINbITk8n_nBC8j64Zo

I have a lot of these lined up if you ever want to see how wrong this opinion is.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
GT Sport penalty system was terrible. I have not played online in quite some time now because I was being punished for other people hitting me.

G

gremlinz

This playlist though.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkbPPvFn08YSW5wINbITk8n_nBC8j64Zo

I have a lot of these lined up if you ever want to see how wrong this opinion is.
Four years into the Playstation 3 life cycle, Polyphony Digital released Gran Turismo 5. Four out of every five cars in this game were using the previous generation textures, blacked out interiors and had limited customization options. This was more a Playstation 2 game than it was a Playstation 3.

20 days after the Playstation 4 launched, they released Gran Turismo 6 and we had a bolt from the blue of seeing Standard and Premium models. This developer went through an entire generation using assets from the previous console on a franchise that sells more than any other in the Playstation ecosystem. Where is the pride in the product that you put out?

In year four of the Playstation 4 and almost 4 years after they launched their last game, they gave us puzzlement; a half assed, bare bones online game rocking a conked out multiplayer penalty system. Gran Turismo Sport is full price title that came within a month of Project Cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 releasing. While this was Polyphony Digital’s first game this generation, this was the second time Slightly Mad was putting out a game and it was Turn 10’s third title this generation, and effectively second title in the same time frame looking at previous game releases.

Four years and all they had to show for it was multiples of replicas of the same vehicle (at times this is all you had from a manufacturer while in some parts you have safety cars as an option. What?) and castle in the air Vision GT cars that had the same treatment in some quarters. Out of the 162 cars that released, cutting down the replicas leaves you under 100 cars in the game. You would be below 70 if you got rid of the imagination entries. The limited content, cutting of features and game modes has one in marvel as to why this was not sold as a Prologue for a price relevant to offering.

The ignoble part about that post you just quoted is a wild comment on how anyone that does not agree does not care about racers. You will get rammed on Gran Turismo Sport just the same way you get rammed in Forza. You will get a time penalty on it in Gran Turismo Sport. You will have acceptable contact on a game and both will be penalized because the model being run has an distribution problem. This is egregious.
The puffed up grouping system does not function because the penalty system that is its establishment is garbage.

This is not a launch window title where a game is being rushed to meet a certain deadline. This is a title where minimal work has been done similar to what we saw on The Division, Street Fighter V, Destiny and Destiny 2. On the first three games, it took huge updates over several years to get them content and feature rich mostly through paid DLC. Polyphony Digital is handling the oldest platform defining title on the Playstation and three straight games they have put out a substandard product.

If they have a small team, why not increase the number of developers given the amount of sales this series garners? It is not about them pushing out more games faster (although it would be optimal), but having a team in place that enables Polyphony Digital to push out a more articulate result in the same time frame.

This is where discussing issues comes in for me, and you will note that when we sit down with friends or are playing online that this is what discussion revolves around. It is never this fanboy rhetoric because at the end of the day when you get a game and put time, you would love for it to be an otherworldly experience regardless of platform.

Microsoft have erred for too long in not having a more diverse line-up and instead of taking a quick fix, they have opted to play the long game as Sony did last generation. The attractiveness of what they are trying to achieve is not only in the games that will hopefully gain review scores attained by Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn but having a robust consumer friendly service that is beyond compare.

As we wait for this vision to hopefully come true, there is the present and the near future and a lot of time for Sony to figure out how they can reel in some of the distance between services.

Playground and Insomniac have games out later this year that God willing are of the highest level. Bend and Sumo Digital have Days Gone and Crackdown 3 whose issues have been well detailed but there is much time still left to get it right coming out in February next year. We will possibly see one or two more titles from Sony’s E3 showcase games and Gears 5 and maybe a Forza Motorsport game from Turn 10.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
You can consider this my last post in this thread, as it's clear you need to have the last say, but to add some clarity:
Notice how your CPU debate died.
It did not, as has been on display in this thread, you lack the ability to stay on topic, arguing though obfuscation and a clear lack on knowledge. Despite being shown devs personal accounts, and struggles you could not get past auguring tangential trivialities. Kinda odd since Phil Spencer himself has come forward and admitted that there is a definite imbalance to the design - as was the point of the argument before it got derailed.

You try incessantly to make the argument an "us vs. them" affair as this is all you can actually handle - posting paragraphs and paragraphs about things hardly relevant to the point, and at times, even making up points out of thin air.... as can be seen on this very page.

Notice how your critique of MS acquisitions died the moment history was pulled up?
I'll go back again to this argument you seemingly have in your head.

This wasn't the point of the discussion. As with the CPU debate, you lack the ability to grasp the topic at hand.

The point was mynds interpretation of the status-quo, and how the 5 new studio's fit into that. I disagreed.
What wasn't being discussed was some long winded history lesson on who bought who previously, and who's metacritic is higher than the other... as these have no relation whatsoever to what was being discussed.

If you had any objectivity you'd have noticed this.

Notice how you seem to be projecting
I think at this point you're kinda just copying what i say... much in the same way i stated Ninja theory have talented crew, only for you to mimic that sentiment...thanks, i guess??

The moment someone has an issue with anyone using IGN......and I have said it for years that they are my to go to reviewer
Again, lacking objectivity...
Of all the posts thus far.... this one is literal definition of being tragic.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I hate that we don't have threads this active in the PlayStation section.

All I know is Microsoft had a better E3 conference this year than last and I commend them for it, though I'm personally not interested in picking up an Xbox One/One X, largely due to saving up for a PS4 and Switch instead. That said, I will admit that Microsoft having the superior 4K gaming experience or however many of their exclusives end up being "masterpiece" experiences don't matter to me.