Xbox Fans Are DYING To Celebrate A Masterpiece. Phil Spencer chimes in.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
I hate that we don't have threads this active in the PlayStation section.

All I know is Microsoft had a better E3 conference this year than last and I commend them for it, though I'm personally not interested in picking up an Xbox One/One X, largely due to saving up for a PS4 and Switch instead. That said, I will admit that Microsoft having the superior 4K gaming experience or however many of their exclusives end up being "masterpiece" experiences don't matter to me.
Because there is hardly a need to present bias there as objective opinion.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
You can consider this my last post in this thread, as it's clear you need to have the last say, but to add some clarity:

It did not, as has been on display in this thread, you lack the ability to stay on topic, arguing though obfuscation and a clear lack on knowledge. Despite being shown devs personal accounts, and struggles you could not get past auguring tangential trivialities. Kinda odd since Phil Spencer himself has come forward and admitted that there is a definite imbalance to the design - as was the point of the argument before it got derailed.

You try incessantly to make the argument an "us vs. them" affair as this is all you can actually handle - posting paragraphs and paragraphs about things hardly relevant to the point, and at times, even making up points out of thin air.... as can be seen on this very page.

I'll go back again to this argument you seemingly have in your head.

This wasn't the point of the discussion. As with the CPU debate, you lack the ability to grasp the topic at hand.

The point was mynds interpretation of the status-quo, and how the 5 new studio's fit into that. I disagreed.
What wasn't being discussed was some long winded history lesson on who bought who previously, and who's metacritic is higher than the other... as these have no relation whatsoever to what was being discussed.

If you had any objectivity you'd have noticed this.

I think at this point you're kinda just copying what i say... much in the same way i stated Ninja theory have talented crew, only for you to mimic that sentiment...thanks, i guess??

Again, lacking objectivity...

Of all the posts thus far.... this one is literal definition of being tragic.
Let us begin with the bold part, context of what you quoted and thread topic. Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

"Moving to a different CPU - even if it's possible to avoid impact to console cost and form factor - runs the very high risk of many existing titles not working properly," Cerny explains. "The origin of these problems is that code running on the new CPU runs code at very different timing from the old one, and that can expose bugs in the game that were never encountered before."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...tation-4-pro-how-sony-made-a-4k-games-machine

I fail to see why this is a point of debate. Microsoft and Sony both went to AMD for a System on a Chip with the consoles releasing in late 2013. These consoles could have been in development for two years minimum from thought process to actualization based on what was available. It is not a secret that there is an imbalance in the current setup with the GPU being favored. But what was another option if all these companies had to begin with was Jaguar? Should they have waited for something else to show up, a new manufacturing process and delayed the generation that people complained lasted way too long?

This is why I always tell you that they look to have a product that is affordable first and foremost. If what they put out is not to your liking, there is another option available......it is called PC Gaming. I am not a fan of what Nintendo puts out, but I am hardly complaining years on end about it.

It is unclear what the complaint really is on a demand for a better CPU outside whinging for the sake of it.

On the studios, services and how they are setting up.........people are not really interested in negativity before these studios grow and begin working on a project. It is as @gremlinz has said, bias being represented critical thinking.

If you cannot look at gaming going forward and have optimism at what is being done by anyone, then what are you even gaming? It is open bias.
Also love how you GT Sport, potato bla bla stuff has disappeared.

Last edited:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Because there is hardly a need to present bias there as objective opinion.
The fact is, no one responds to good, insightful news in this part of the forum more than they do simply going back and forth defending Xbox. If you, Sub-stance1, and other Xbox fans decided not to feed the troll, so to speak, it wouldn't kill you, it really wouldn't and you would feel a lot better overall. You don't need a staff member to clean up anything when you can simply choose what posts you think deserve attention, you know what I mean?

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
The fact is, no one responds to good, insightful news in this part of the forum more than they do simply going back and forth defending Xbox. If you, Sub-stance1, and other Xbox fans decided not to feed the troll, so to speak, it wouldn't kill you, it really wouldn't and you would feel a lot better overall. You don't need a staff member to clean up anything when you can simply choose what posts you think deserve attention, you know what I mean?
There comes a time when people need to be told as it is. Guys were nagging about power, they got it with the X. They were crying about expansion of the first party, it was expanded and now they cannot stop raising issue with developers brought in. We could not even absorb E3, the studios and the improving services. This was as complete an E3 as any and you have negativity, unfounded negativity being peddled as critique.
Nah, it is hard to stomach at times.

This sub forum went south when these consoles and their specs were. I complained, staff did not listen, in fact staff like Vulgotha were part of the issue back then. It has never recovered.

There would be no issue if some of the known trolls had been talked to. There is a member who has no interest in owning the console and has come out and even mentioned that on other mediums he makes some $$$$ on the side trolling. His posting here continues unabated, it is seen as normal. You do not see us trashing topics in the ps4 section because we actually enjoy playing on the platform. You will not see a shortage of praise on my part on some of the quality titles Sony has released, but you will have someone coming up mentioning MS flag or 'us vs. them'.

The people who are an issue here are known, and you will know who they are by what they post.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This sub forum went south when these consoles and their specs were. I complained, staff did not listen, in fact staff like Vulgotha were part of the issue back then. It has never recovered.
That is cute that you think that is why this sub forum has gone south. All forums went south over the last 10 years and keeps getting worse. Arguments are what actually brings these forums to life now.

Microsoft has a nice console with no amazing exclusive games. That is a fact no matter how hard anyone tries to deny it. The PS4 Pro does a good enough job getting games to look like 4K and it only needs to do the job for another 2 years. The PS4 has already established that they are the superior company this generation by the sales numbers alone. Games are what bring consumers in and Microsoft needs to start getting those great exclusives rolling.

Uncharted 4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
inFAMOUS Second Son
inFAMOUS First Light
The Last of Us 2
Spider-Man
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Detroit: Become Human
Yakuza series
Street Fighter 5
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 1 & 2
Ratchet & Clank
DriveClub
Nioh

Microsoft needs games like these. Games like these make the PS4 the console to own. But at least the Xbox One X makes your old 360 games look better....

May 20, 2008
That is cute that you think that is why this sub forum has gone south. All forums went south over the last 10 years and keeps getting worse. Arguments are what actually brings these forums to life now.

Microsoft has a nice console with no amazing exclusive games. That is a fact no matter how hard anyone tries to deny it. The PS4 Pro does a good enough job getting games to look like 4K and it only needs to do the job for another 2 years. The PS4 has already established that they are the superior company this generation by the sales numbers alone. Games are what bring consumers in and Microsoft needs to start getting those great exclusives rolling.

Uncharted 4
inFAMOUS Second Son
inFAMOUS First Light
The Last of Us 2
Spider-Man
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Yakuza series
Street Fighter 5
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 1 & 2
Ratchet & Clank
DriveClub
Nioh

Microsoft needs games like these. Games like these make the PS4 the console to own. But at least the Xbox One X makes your old 360 games look better....
I wouldn’t never make the claim that Sony doesn’t have some amazing games because what you see as amazing the next person may not and vice versa. I think games like forza, sunset overdrive and Quantum Break are amazing as well as a few others on Xbox. It all comes down to what gamers want to play. When this generation started it was Microsoft that was pumping out exvlusives more so than Sony. That’s a fact that gamers like yourself always tend to omit when making these arguments.

PlayStation and Xbox both have their strengths and weaknesses. Now that’s a fact I believe many wouldn’t deny.

Jun 4, 2007
There is a member who has no interest in owning the console and has come out and even mentioned that on other mediums he makes some $$$$ on the side trolling. His posting here continues unabated, it is seen as normal. You do not see us trashing topics in the ps4 section because we actually enjoy playing on the platform. You will not see a shortage of praise on my part on some of the quality titles Sony has released, but you will have someone coming up mentioning MS flag or 'us vs. them'.

The people who are an issue here are known, and you will know who they are by what they post.
I post facts right from Phil's mouth that you guys just can't handle it. You go on and on and around the subject that ultimately makes you just look foolish in the end. Rather than address the issue you try and turn a fact into an opinion or lie. Sorry. It doesn't work like that. You can bitch and complain all you want. Phil says these stupid things and they come back to bite him in the ass along with all you diehard xbox guys. Sue me.

I don't give a :poop: what you do in the ps4 section. Go ahead. I promise you that no one is going to think any less of you guys than what they do now. Mynd and Aqua tried their hand at it recently. No one really gives a shit because what they were saying is false lol.

How about you make threads posting news instead of complaining about what you don't get around this section. You're not even putting effort into it. Your response is going to be the lame excuse of "It gets trashed by Two" Miss me with the bullshit. I've made plenty of positive xbox threads that got no response from you guys.

I asked the same question. I even told them not to post in my thread. For whatever reason they have this "You are not talking about my xbox boss mistakes. I will tell you off by any means" mentality

Things ultimately boils down to these xbox fans not having their console and exclusives praised like they were in the 360 era. That gets under their skin to the point that they will just lie about the reality of things. They never want to get down to the issues of things. They'll rather make excuses.

According to these guys MS has all the advantages but yet they are getting killed by the ps4. MS turned things around far faster with the xbone than Sony did with the PS3 but sales, with all these advantages, lag behind even the ps3 when you align their launch months.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
I post facts right from Phil's mouth that you guys just can't handle it. You go on and on and around the subject that ultimately makes you just look foolish in the end. Rather than address the issue you try and turn a fact into an opinion or lie. Sorry. It doesn't work like that. You can bitch and complain all you want. Phil says these stupid things and they come back to bite him in the ass along with all you diehard xbox guys. Sue me.

I don't give a :poop: what you do in the ps4 section. Go ahead. I promise you that no one is going to think any less of you guys than what they do now. Mynd and Aqua tried their hand at it recently. No one really gives a shit because what they were saying is false lol.

How about you make threads posting news instead of complaining about what you don't get around this section. You're not even putting effort into it. Your response is going to be the lame excuse of "It gets trashed by Two" Miss me with the bullshit. I've made plenty of positive xbox threads that got no response from you guys.
So much for that ignore list you said he was on and not being worthy of a response from you...lol

And where are those positive Xbox threads? If they’re plenty out there I haven’t seen them. I did see thread after thread about state of decay being crap, but those have gone silent since the game is doing well. Anyone can go to those threads and read the stuff. I could be wrong but personally, I think you’re disappointed that Phil didn’t drop the ball at E3 like you expected and you have to eat a bit of crow on it. Where is your thread about Sony not supporting crossplay for Fortnite? You can’t use the excuse that you don’t play the game because you surely don’t play any Xbox games but you love to chime in on those, right?

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010

Uncharted 4
inFAMOUS Second Son
inFAMOUS First Light
The Last of Us 2
Spider-Man
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Until Dawn
Yakuza series
Street Fighter 5

The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 1 & 2
Ratchet & Clank
DriveClub
Nioh

Surprised you have missed out on Killzone: Shadowfall.

You are talking sales and no one is even debating this. I am on record multiple times saying that Microsoft messed up at the start of the generation.

Cute, I am talking games. If all I cared was about sales, I would never have played Xbox (original), Dreamcast

Forza Motosport 5.
Forza Motorsport 6.
Forza Motorsport 7.
Forza Horizon 2.
Forza Horizon 3.
Forza Horizon 4 (Seeing you have stated Spiderman which is yet to release).
Sunset Overdrive.
Dead Rising 3.
Halo 5.
Gears of War 4.
Killer Instinct.
Quantum Break.
Project Spark.
Sea of Thieves.
State of Decay 2.
Halo Wars 2.
ReCore.

All games published by Microsoft, and you have Titanfall that they landed as an exclusive.

Anyone can put up a list of games that hit 70 ish or above. Microsoft is not, and will never be lacking for titles.

What they have lacked is your story driven games just like Sony is lacking in a quality third person shooter, a racer that is actually good, and good at release date, or a top tier first person shooter.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Surprised you have missed out on Killzone: Shadowfall.

You are talking sales and no one is even debating this. I am on record multiple times saying that Microsoft messed up at the start of the generation.

Cute, I am talking games. If all I cared was about sales, I would never have played Xbox (original), Dreamcast

Forza Motosport 5.
Forza Motorsport 6.
Forza Motorsport 7.
Forza Horizon 2.
Forza Horizon 3.
Forza Horizon 4 (Seeing you have stated Spiderman which is yet to release).
Sunset Overdrive.
Dead Rising 3.
Halo 5.
Gears of War 4.
Killer Instinct.
Quantum Break.
Project Spark.
Sea of Thieves.
State of Decay 2.
Halo Wars 2.
ReCore.

All games published by Microsoft, and you have Titanfall that they landed as an exclusive.

Anyone can put up a list of games that hit 70 ish or above. Microsoft is not, and will never be lacking for titles.

What they have lacked is your story driven games just like Sony is lacking in a quality third person shooter, a racer that is actually good, and good at release date, or a top tier first person shooter.
lol I posted good games only. Games that actually make people buy the console. I can list all the Yakuza games as individual if you like. And don't try to compare exclusives please. The Xbox has no foot to stand on in that department lol. I didn't even add Killzone, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 1, Knack 1 and 2, ect. We can compare the entire AAA exclusives list all day and the PS4 will win that one as well.

Sorry but the following games suck: (How do I know? I own them!!!)
ReCore
State of Decay 2
Dead Rising 3
Halo Wars 2
Project Spark (LMAO! Really???)
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves

The sorry ass list you provided proves my point even further. Microsoft needs a masterpiece game ASAP!

Last edited:
H

Hedon

Going off the thread title, I would agree that Xbox fans are dying for that masterpiece. I feel Sony has many "masterpiece" games.

Bloodborne
God of War
Horizon
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Persona 5

These are all absolutely incredible games that are easily considered "masterpieces". Does the Xbox One have any?

Possible games that could be masterpieces are:

Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
Death Stranding
Days Gone
The Last of Us 2

As an owner of multiple Xbox One consoles, I can honestly say that my favorite game on the console is Sunset Overdrive. After that would be Forza Horizon 3. Are my favorite XB1 games considered "masterpieces"? Not really.
From your list, I have found the following to be masterpieces:

God of War
Horizon
Bloodborne (not really sold on Bloodborne being a masterpiece personally as it's really just another souls game, but it did do well)
Ghost of Tsushima looks to be a masterpiece
The Last of Us 1 and 2. I wasn't a fan of 1, 2 is looking better, but I know many others have found it to be great, so I would say it is.

and not on your list:

Oure
The Last Guardian

I also find the following games to be masterpieces:

Quantum Break
Cuphead
Forza Horizon 3
Halo 5
Ori & the Blind Forest
Sunset Overdrive
Recore

IMO

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
lol I posted good games only. Games that actually make people buy the console. I can list all the Yakuza games as individual if you like. And don't try to compare exclusives please. The Xbox has no foot to stand on in that department lol. I didn't even add Killzone, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 1, Knack 1 and 2, ect. We can compare the entire AAA exclusives list all day and the PS4 will win that one as well.

ReCore
State of Decay 2
Dead Rising 3
Halo Wars 2
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves

The sorry ass list you provided proves my point even further. Microsoft needs a masterpiece game ASAP!
You populated a list with Uncharted Lost Legacy, Until Dawn, Infamous, Detroit, Yakuza, unreleased games, a Ratchet and Clank remake, Driveclub as masterpieces.

Get outta here.

If those are AAA killer app titles, you have no moral high ground to try and lecture anyone here.

May 20, 2008
You populated a list with Uncharted Lost Legacy, Until Dawn, Infamous, Detroit, Yakuza, unreleased games, a Ratchet and Clank remake, Driveclub as masterpieces.

Get outta here.

If those are AAA killer app titles, you have no moral high ground to try and lecture anyone here.
Perhaps his hypocrisy is his way of getting to that moral ground...lol

From your list, I have found the following to be masterpieces:

God of War
Horizon
Bloodborne (not really sold on Bloodborne being a masterpiece personally as it's really just another souls game, but it did do well)
Ghost of Tsushima looks to be a masterpiece
The Last of Us 1 and 2. I wasn't a fan of 1, 2 is looking better, but I know many others have found it to be great, so I would say it is.

and not on your list:

Oure
The Last Guardian

I also find the following games to be masterpieces:

Quantum Break
Cuphead
Forza Horizon 3
Halo 5
Ori & the Blind Forest
Sunset Overdrive
Recore

IMO
Duh, those cant be masterpieces because they aren't on PlayStation. Didn't you get the word? /sarc

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007

ReCore
State of Decay 2
Dead Rising 3
Halo Wars 2
Quantum Break
Sea of Thieves

The Xbox guys just don't get it. The boss of Xbox would have never commented on their lack of masterpiece titles if they actually existed. It's plain commonsense that these fans lack.

May 20, 2008
The Xbox guys just don't get it. The boss of Xbox would have never commented on their lack of masterpiece titles if they actually existed. It's plain commonsense that these fans lack.
hmmm, I don’t remember Phil using masterpiece to describe anything. He did say high quality and diverse 1st party is what Xbox gamers deserve though. I’d say he’s off to a good start with the recent announcements at E3. But, I’m not surprised you got it wrong again since you have a tendency of misconstruing statements so easily.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Better than anything seen on the Xbox. Yep! Nail in the coffin!

Lost Legacy has the same score as Halo 5 and Gears 4 on Metacritic. Just sayin..

Yakuza 5 - 85
Ratchet & Clank - 85
Yakuza 6 - 83
Gravity Rush 1 and 2 - 80
The Last of Us Remastered - 95
Bloodborne - 92
God of War - 94
Persona 5 - 93
Uncharted 4 - 93
Shadow of the Colossus - 91
Horizon Zero Dawn - 89
Nioh - 88
Street Fighter V - 87
Uncharted Collection - 87

I mean come on now. The best exclusive on the Xbox One is Forza Horizon 3 with a 91. I also think that is the only exclusive title in the 90s

This shit literally speaks for itself.

Nintendo Switch, How you doin?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 97
Super Mario Odyssey - 97
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 92
Bayonetta 2 - 92

What have we learned? Xbox fans are begging for a masterpiece. *drops mic

Last edited:

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
I still see the Xbox consoles as being very shooter game centric. There's obviously nothing wrong with that, as that's a very popular genre in the US and EU. However, it doesn't pull the same appeal in eastern countries. That is where Microsoft will continue to lose to both Sony and Nintendo. I'm glad the guy wants to focus on bringing more diversity to the console, but even that will be an extremely slow process.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Better than anything seen on the Xbox. Yep! Nail in the coffin!

Lost Legacy has the same score as Halo 5 and Gears 4 on Metacritic. Just sayin..

Yakuza 5 - 85
Ratchet & Clank - 85
Yakuza 6 - 83
Gravity Rush 1 and 2 - 80
The Last of Us Remastered - 95
Bloodborne - 92
God of War - 94
Persona 5 - 93
Uncharted 4 - 93
Shadow of the Colossus - 91
Horizon Zero Dawn - 89
Nioh - 88
Street Fighter V - 87
Uncharted Collection - 87

I mean come on now. The best exclusive on the Xbox One is Forza Horizon 3 with a 91. I also think that is the only exclusive title in the 90s

This shit literally speaks for itself.

Nintendo Switch, How you doin?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 97
Super Mario Odyssey - 97
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 92
Bayonetta 2 - 92

What have we learned? Xbox fans are begging for a masterpiece. *drops mic
Have you learnt nothing from this thread?

You prefer Metacritic, I prefer IGN, and they have rarely let me down in close to 20 years. It is a matter of preference.

Going by IGN, and sticking to your criteria of 80% and above,including remasters.

Forza Horizon 3 - 95
Forza Motorsport 7 - 92
Gears of War 4 - 92
Rare Replay - 90
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 90
Forza Horizon 2 - 90
Sunset Overdrive - 90
Forza Motorsport 6 - 90
Halo 5: Guardians - 90
Titanfall - 89
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition - 89
Gears of War Ultimate Edition - 85
Ori and the Blind Forest - 85
Killer Instinct - 84
Dead Rising 3 - 83
Quantum Break - 80
Project Spark - 80

Bar Titanfall, all those games are published by Microsoft.

Just so you know, Uncharted 4 has scored equal to Halo 5, Halo MCC, FH2, FH6, sunset overdrive, rare replay. Just sayin.

It is hardly the narrative spun that the console has no games.

Perhaps his hypocrisy is his way of getting to that moral ground...lol
About time we ended this narrative that the Xbox One is lacking in quality games.

Last edited:

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
Just throwing my two cents into the discussion. I'm not looking to argue with anyone.

I own Xbox One S and PS4. There are games I enjoy from both systems. That being said, I own a LOT more PS4 games than I do XB1 games. For me there simply aren't enough quality games on XB1. I tend to use my XB1S more as a 4K movie player than a gaming machine. One nod I'll give to XB1 is they have a good amount of 360 and original Xbox games available to play. On the other side, PS4 has plenty of awesome remasters, remakes, and collections. As for the rest of XB1, I can only list a handful of games that I found to be good. Sea of Thieves really let me down even though the concept was fun. I've never been able to get into the Gears of War series. I do enjoy the Halo MCCollection but it reminds me of the Assassins Creed series where there's just so many games and only some are good. Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay are pretty fun but didn't blow me away. Ori and the Blind Forest is probably my favorite exclusive and favorite game on the XB1. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. Forza Horizon 3 is a great racing game but PS4 has plenty of great ones too.

I think XB1 needs a brand new fresh series that has serious time and development put into it. Take something like Horizon Zero Dawn. In my opinion there is absolutely nothing on XB1 that even comes remotely close to how good HZD is. Obviously that's just my opinion but when you take away the Halo, Forza, and Gears series, you're really not left with too much else of any substance on XB1. There is a reason the PS4 has outsold all the competition in this generation to date.

Every system is going to have good and bad games. There are good games on Switch, XB1, and PS4. There are bad games on Switch, XB1, and PS4. At the end of the day though, I just take a look at my shelves. I simply have more PS4 games than every Microsoft game console combined (XB, XB360, XB1). I can honestly look at my PS4 collection and smile at how many quality games there are to choose from. That doesn't mean XB1 and Switch "suck", it just means they don't have as much content to offer. It's going to be interesting to see how the next generation of consoles evolve as we head into the 2019-2020.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
you have negativity, unfounded negativity being peddled as critique.
So you don't have a problem with negativity as long as it's based in reality, right?

I can respect that but from what I've seen in this part of the forum time and time again is that the same two or three people go back and forth in discussions that don't go anywhere. No one comes away from these discussions learning anything or admitting they were wrong. Even when someone puts the other person on their ignore list, they still eventually end up arguing with one another again to the point where one person knows exactly how the other will react. It probably contributes a great deal to why few people bother to log in and post anymore, when they see the most active discussions take place in the Xbox forum on a site you would think people would primarily post about PlayStation.

What is it going to take for the same two or three people to break the cycle of nonsense?

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Just throwing my two cents into the discussion. I'm not looking to argue with anyone.

I own Xbox One S and PS4. There are games I enjoy from both systems. That being said, I own a LOT more PS4 games than I do XB1 games. For me there simply aren't enough quality games on XB1. I tend to use my XB1S more as a 4K movie player than a gaming machine. One nod I'll give to XB1 is they have a good amount of 360 and original Xbox games available to play. On the other side, PS4 has plenty of awesome remasters, remakes, and collections. As for the rest of XB1, I can only list a handful of games that I found to be good. Sea of Thieves really let me down even though the concept was fun. I've never been able to get into the Gears of War series. I do enjoy the Halo MCCollection but it reminds me of the Assassins Creed series where there's just so many games and only some are good. Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay are pretty fun but didn't blow me away. Ori and the Blind Forest is probably my favorite exclusive and favorite game on the XB1. I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. Forza Horizon 3 is a great racing game but PS4 has plenty of great ones too.

I think XB1 needs a brand new fresh series that has serious time and development put into it. Take something like Horizon Zero Dawn. In my opinion there is absolutely nothing on XB1 that even comes remotely close to how good HZD is. Obviously that's just my opinion but when you take away the Halo, Forza, and Gears series, you're really not left with too much else of any substance on XB1. There is a reason the PS4 has outsold all the competition in this generation to date.

Every system is going to have good and bad games. There are good games on Switch, XB1, and PS4. There are bad games on Switch, XB1, and PS4. At the end of the day though, I just take a look at my shelves. I simply have more PS4 games than every Microsoft game console combined (XB, XB360, XB1). I can honestly look at my PS4 collection and smile at how many quality games there are to choose from. That doesn't mean XB1 and Switch "suck", it just means they don't have as much content to offer. It's going to be interesting to see how the next generation of consoles evolve as we head into the 2019-2020.
People really need to stop this reasoning that console sales are testament to how many good games a platform has. We had the Wii.

You will not find anyone debating that the Xbox needs diversity in content.