Xbox Forum

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
Got an Xbox today, still having a fiddle with it.
Is there an Xbox forum similar to this place?
I've searched for a while and only find crappy dead ones.

I want an unofficial one like this place (a thriving community).

What forum do you use for your Xbox news?

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
You wanna leave us? :(

I've looked all other the place for a cool forum like this. But most Xbox forums I've seen were too devouted to only Xbox with no room for fun, or personality.

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
Being member on pretty much all gaming forums, i'd say the closest you can find is TeamXbox, but i don't like it personally because the community isn't as mature as psu.

Imo, the best community is here, PS3 or Xbox 360. I think there's a good amount of dedicated Xbox fans here.

And congrats on your purchase ! ;)

I OU a Beatn

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern PA
I've looked and looked and looked and still haven't found one. Team XBox is ok, but I'm not a fan of it. About my only hope is if this place ever decides to slide more towards both consoles, expand upon the 360 section of the forums(and the main site), and then it would more than likely start to attract some 360 fans. Of course, that isn't likely to happen. :snicker

S

Soldier 95B

I would recommend TeamXbox.com. That has a veteran community, has some great Xbox discussions, as well as off topic for other consoles. Many members here are also there, daily, including me. Overall, I think the members are a bit older there.

J

JakeM

TeamXbox.com is a fanboy infested cesspool. It is absolutely disgusting. The amount of fanboyism at that forum can not be put into words. Almost all of the members are VERY immature. It is the laughing stock of video game forums. It is absolutely despicable. I would not go anywhere near that forum.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 5538420]Team Xbox I guess but it's a part of IGN and we know what is said about them...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5538424]Being member on pretty much all gaming forums, i'd say the closest you can find is TeamXbox, but i don't like it personally because the community isn't as mature as psu.

Imo, the best community is here, PS3 or Xbox 360. I think there's a good amount of dedicated Xbox fans here.

And congrats on your purchase ! ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="I OU a Beatn, post: 5538491]I've looked and looked and looked and still haven't found one. Team XBox is ok, but I'm not a fan of it. About my only hope is if this place ever decides to slide more towards both consoles, expand upon the 360 section of the forums(and the main site), and then it would more than likely start to attract some 360 fans. Of course, that isn't likely to happen. :snicker[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5538563]I would recommend TeamXbox.com. That has a veteran community, has some great Xbox discussions, as well as off topic for other consoles. Many members here are also there, daily, including me. Overall, I think the members are a bit older there.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="JakeM, post: 5538668]TeamXbox.com is a fanboy infested cesspool. It is absolutely disgusting. The amount of fanboyism at that forum can not be put into words. Almost all of the members are VERY immature. It is the laughing stock of video game forums. It is absolutely despicable. I would not go anywhere near that forum.[/QUOTE]

Teamxbox is dead. A husk of what it used to be and will never reclaim its lost glory. Either stay here in the xbox section or look at the official xbox forums on xbox.com. There really are no other worthy alternatives for xbox owners.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
gamersyde? don't know what the forums, per se, are like, but the comments sections on videos are good, and i believe they mirror them.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
I personally think this (PSU) is the best place for Xbox discussion.. I mean we have people from both sides and it isn't full of fanboys.

Aug 27, 2008
The only place I go to besides here for xbox is xbox360achievements.org.

You could check there, but I'm not sure about their "off-topic" or "general" stuff though.

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks all. I haven't kept up with the Xbox side of things in 3 years so I hadn't a clue about anything. If you think this place gets updated with all the need to know news then I'll most likely stick around here. I wasn't looking for somewhere to have a chat with people, just trying to keep up to date.
I'll look at the places suggested anyway.

Cheers for the help, and I've rep'd as much as I can for today, I'll do the rest tomorrow.

Also, as I'm new to the Xbox scene, are there any tips or need to know info on the system? Plus I spent most of yesterday getting windows media centre - or any media server to work on it. I'm google'd out! What servers do you use?

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 5538727]Teamxbox is dead. A husk of what it used to be and will never reclaim its lost glory. Either stay here in the xbox section or look at the official xbox forums on xbox.com. There really are no other worthy alternatives for xbox owners.[/QUOTE]

I used to LOVE teamxbox, but since 2006-2007 it started to get very bad, too many hardcore fanboys that you can't have a fair discussion with. Right now, it's totally infested with too many kids, of course there's still some very good posters on there, but just not enough... I miss the 2002-2005 teamxbox, it was a nice place to be !

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5539378]I used to LOVE teamxbox, but since 2006-2007 it started to get very bad, too many hardcore fanboys that you can't have a fair discussion with. Right now, it's totally infested with too many kids, of course there's still some very good posters on there, but just not enough... I miss the 2002-2005 teamxbox, it was a nice place to be ![/QUOTE]

It doesn't help that IGN killed it last year which drove away many members (including myself).

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="JakeM, post: 5538668]TeamXbox.com is a fanboy infested cesspool. It is absolutely disgusting. The amount of fanboyism at that forum can not be put into words. Almost all of the members are VERY immature. It is the laughing stock of video game forums. It is absolutely despicable. I would not go anywhere near that forum.[/QUOTE]

Just not true.

[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 5538727]Teamxbox is dead. A husk of what it used to be and will never reclaim its lost glory. Either stay here in the xbox section or look at the official xbox forums on xbox.com. There really are no other worthy alternatives for xbox owners.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not dead. I am posting there daily with lots of great people. The forums at Xbox.com are horrible. I swear the majority of people posting there must not even be a teen yet.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5540337]Just not true.

It's actually not dead. I am posting there daily with lots of great people. The forums at Xbox.com are horrible. I swear the majority of people posting there must not even be a teen yet.[/QUOTE]

Ehh all the good/fun people left.

IGN can keep txb, its no longer the place it used to be. All in the name of corporate greed.

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 5540347]Ehh all the good/fun people left.
[/QUOTE]
nah, we are still there.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I post at TeamXbox.com. It's a good Xbox site for news and discussion. By far though, it's much more fanboy infested than any other forum i've been a part of.