Xbox Games Showcase Thread (July 23rd)

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
What do you mean a before and after? I haven't heard much about this event.
Lol... how's that possible? It's everywhere my friend.

See you tomorrow. It's gonna be a glorious day for gaming :D

9 AM PT
11 AM Mexico City
12 PM ET
1 PM São Paulo
5 PM UK
6 PM Cape Town
6 PM Western Europe
7 PM Moscow
9:30 AM Mumbai
1 AM Tokyo (July 24)
2 AM Sydney (July 24)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007

12TF this and 12TF that. MS certainly got a lot more to prove after this showing. Halo's shooting looks ok but it defintely was on an easy setting and those graphics hahahaha "nothing's being held back due to being a cross gen title." *Insert ray tracing at an unannounced date after release*

Last edited:
May 20, 2008

12TF this and 12TF that. MS certainly got a lot more to prove after this showing. Halo's shooting looks ok but it defintely was on an easy setting and those graphics hahahaha hairy ass. I expected them to blow the ps5 out the water from the hype that Phil and fanboys built up. I should haven't known better.
Halo looked good. I don't know what you saw.... plus its was only 1080p stream and most likely not the final build. 4k and 60FPS too. Plus new ips so now it looks like you cant use the same old " Forza Gears Halo" line anymore. Plus 6 more studios still haven't shown what they're working on. No, it wasn't the best show but I saw what I wanted to see. All those will be in gamepass too.

Avowed
The Medium
Stalker 2
and Fable is coming back

Looking forward to those

Pros...new IPs
Cons....Not enough gameplay for the other games

8/10 score for me

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
They forgot the 4k textures for his face
-
“Halo Infinite is the start of our platform for the future,” he said. “We want Infinite to grow over time, versus going to those numbered titles and having all that segmentation that we had before. It’s really about creating Halo Infinite as the start of the next ten years for Halo and then building that as we go with our fans and community.”

This does not mean that Halo Infinite is a live service game, a la Destiny. But it does mean that new story experiences will be told underneath Infinite’s umbrella, and it also means Infinite will be evolved technologically for quite a while. 343 confirmed that Infinite will get a free raytracing update sometime after launch.
https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-2-wont-be-happening-says-343-industries

A weird decision that has angered the community from what I'm reading around the web. Raytracing after launch is laughable. It should have been in there at launch. All the bragging about 12TF with 5 years of development with a huge team. What's the issue here, Phil?

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Halo has never been about just graphics. It never been the best game graphically and will never be , but what it does offer is tons of replay value that other games don't.
Campaign
Split screen Coop
Competitive Multiplayer
Horde Mode
Plus 60FPS
And the best part is that we finally get to play as the Chief again. The Combat Evolved vibe is back.

lol...Is that all you got now? What about all that "where's the new IPs" talk? Where's all that talk about Phil Spencer isn't creating new IPs now? The same Phil Spencer who was so bad for xbox this gen, but yet still has his job. A house with thicker glass is still a glass house.

Jun 4, 2007

12 Tera muthafreaking Flops. This shit is so funny. New engine from the ground up and all. 12TF was surely supposed to handle raytracing with no problem at all but it's lacking at the time of release. What a damn joke. 4k really exposed those weakass textures. It'll be interesting to see if 343 gets halo back into the 90's again with a campaign that's worth a damn. Halo 4 was ehh. Halo 5's campaign was trash.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Fuck any of the bullshit you're talking Sub. You're on my ignore list and I know you're feeling some kind of way lol.
What bullshit? You seem to be suffering from a bit of amnesia all of a sudden.

12 Tera muthafreaking Flops. This shit is so funny. New engine from the ground up and all. 12TF was surely supposed to handle raytracing with no problem at all but it's lacking at the time of release. What a damn joke. 4k really exposed those weakass textures.
Well, 12 teraflops doesn't necessarily mean that every game is going for graphics over gameplay. Personally, id rather have better frame rates when it come to a game like Halo. For me its more about the story and gameplay, which looks on point. Well at least the gameplay does. The jury is still out on the story for obvious reasons. im looking forward to where they go with the antagonist in this one. But you don't really care about that stuff. For you its all about those textures now...lol Microsoft has games like Hellblade2 from Ninja theory that is sure to be a graphical showpiece going by what we've seen so far. Its the best looking next gen stuff we've seen so far IMO.

It'll be interesting to see if 343 gets halo back into the 90's again with a campaign that's worth a damn. Halo 4 was ehh. Halo 5's campaign was trash.
No, the last two halo campaigns werent as good as they could of been. Halo 5 did receive a lot of positive reviews and praise for its gameplay, visuals, level design and multiplayer modes and it did help gross over 500 million dollars its first week though, so not to shabby, id say. The fans still supported it. Halo Infinite will do well too. Its a huge franchise and microsoft knows how important it is now more than ever. Plus, we havent seen the final code for the game yet. As far as the score it will get, who knows. I really wont let that stop me from enjoying the game whether is 76, 86 or 96. Sort of like you did when Days Gone got a 71 but you still felt the need to say you disagreed and thought it was better. You remember that, right? Anyways, you said Microsoft focused too much on Halo,Forza and Gears so why are you now doing what you criticize them for all these years. Did you not see the new IPs they showed plus the ones they said are still coming? Were'nt you the one that said microsoft didnt care about new IPs? So now i guess new IPs dont matter anymore. They need to focus more on the ones you said they focus too much on.:confused:

May 20, 2008
https://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-gameplay-demo-pc/

And the news just keeps rolling in lol. It makes me highly doubt anything was running on the XSX.
Well, that shouldn't be all that surprising considering that game development starts out on dev kits with similar specs to the consoles and with no live shows because of the worlds situation right now. Its not the first or last time this has happened with demos..It wouldnt surprise me that others games turned out to be running on dev kits also. Sony showed ps4 games at gamescom running on dev kits . Microsoft showed some xbox one games running on dev kits too. Its no secret Microsoft is trying bridge the gap between PC and console. Based on what they showed im still confident the game will turn out good regardless of what version is played. I still game on PC too so i havent decided on which version to get. The only negative is i may have to get both versions because as far as i know, smart delivery doesn't apply to PC purchasers. Dam you, Microsoft! Overall, most of the reaction to the games has been positive because of the similarities in gameplay to CE.

Sep 10, 2005
The games were not at all bad,even tho we didn't saw any gameplay to begin with....aside from halo.It was mostly Trailers.The problem that most people had is graphics.....The graphics was not good at all.Around 40% of the Xbox stream are dislikes.People were expecting way more (graphics wise) after all the talk and hype.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Ahh come on guys... we all must be over our 30's now... maybe over 40... behave as such. We're not on 2005 anymore.

Microsoft's show did suck... but it doesn't mean games are any bad or that PS5's lineup is better... they just didn't show up sh*t on the games we all wanted to see. Showing mini teasers from Forza, Avowed, Fable... a great looking but confusing trailer from Everwild and plain nothing from Hellblade 2 felt like a bad taste joke from MS... and it felt even worse when they dedicated plenty of time to cr*p like Tetris or Destiny 2 :cautious:

As for Halo Infinite, the demo looked good, but I also noticed those horrible textures on the last cinematic. I know Halo has never been about graphics but come on... you can't miss textures in such a big budget game. I hope they have time to improve it by launch, considering the global situation.

All they did is give fuel to the PS trolls but doesn't mean anything in terms of content. They do need to hire someone that does know how to sell a conference though. That one was deplorable.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Thought theirs was a little bit worse than the sony event truth be told. If they got some actual stalker gameplay in there both would probs have been about the same (Stalker is the hotdiggity, if you can get it on PC give it a go!). In general they showed the same kinda stuff tho; A few big titles for the gamers, stuff for the kids/family, and a plethora of 'avant-garde' type indie stuff etc. Personally, i thought they'd come out like the trailer for crossfire, and that would be the pace we'd see for a good chunk of the event. It kinda bogged down a bit, that tetris was a bit of a low point tho, not gunna lie.

From a technical perspective, i thought Gunk looked kinda cool. Kinda curious how they managed that ooze effect. Never really saw the character interact with it so no real guesses.

Really thought there would be more focus on raytracing. It's one area where they have an unquestionable leg up. Thought we'd see some real bombastic kinda trtailers like the quake one:

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
An actual sequel to Stalker was surprising to see announced yesterday.

Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
They say it running on a PC, they say could only blame covid for some work! Really! They launched a teaser back in 2018 at E3 they have almost 3 years of build and looks like this. Look at KZ shadowfall launched 7 years ago on ps4 looks miles an miles better than infinte, with a console with power an 12 tflop looks awful, dissapointed to be honest seems to play ok looks awful seen much better looking games than this, even guardians look better than this. Knew Phil would hype the event an saying we have big blows to Sony? What big blows? plus near 9 to 10 games had no gameplay trailers.

Jun 4, 2007
Ahh come on guys... we all must be over our 30's now... maybe over 40... behave as such. We're not on 2005 anymore.
It's always a good time to kick Phil in the ass for his failures. It's not like he hasn't had 7 years to get his shit together. It's all the xbox fans fault too. Fans should have been in an uproar over this weak xbox one generation. Instead they keep their mouths shut and take whatever he gives them.

"Development of halo is going great. This is an old build. We have months left until launch. *small print* It's going so great on the worlds most powerful pc, I mean CONSOLE, that we will have a raytracing patch after it launches in the future."

Phil talks too much. He says one thing and does another. He hates toxic fanboys but works with them. He hates time exclusives but makes time exclusive deals. He hypes events to the max only for them to be a letdown. He talks on and on about 12TF but has a hard time showing what it can do. Aaron Greenberg is just the worst. Shannon Loftis is an embarrassment. I'm not sure how I feel about Matt Booty yet. After all this time they haven't learned to shut the f up and let the games do the talking for them.

This 2nd kick to the ass better wake Phil up. If they're catching backlash showing what 12TF can do with Halo, their biggest series, then they are really going to be in for it when they reveal the Lockhart. Strike 1 was in May. July was a Foul Ball. They have to hit a homerun their next event.

Edit:Because it's funny and a prime example of Phil talking too much

Last edited:

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
It was a pretty underwhelming affair. I was really disappointed with it. And I am going to agree on the Halo comments, it looked current gen at best! There were some interesting new IPs announced, but I'm concerned that if you can't bring it to an event like this then what exactly are we going to see in November!

Highlight of the show for me though: FABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Uhmmm... the fact that the way they carried the even sucked, doesn't mean the console or its games will.

Just a reminder for those that seem eager to see XSX failing... it won't happen, and you should be happy about it.

Jun 4, 2007
It's not about seeing the xbox brand go the way of Sega. It's about holding them accountable. No more excuses. We've heard enough of them over the entire xbox one gen. Phil had enough time. People are tired of the waiting game. That's why I said they need to hit a homerun. They need something great in the form of a game. Not a service or hardware.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
It's not about seeing the xbox brand go the way of Sega. It's about holding them accountable. No more excuses. We've heard enough of them over the entire xbox one gen. Phil had enough time. People are tired of the waiting game. That's why I said they need to hit a homerun. They need something great in the form of a game. Not a service or hardware.
XSX owners won't wait more than PS5 owners to have their AAAs. It's just PS fanboys making it look as a big deal. In the meantime, we'll have Halo Infinite and The Medium... and for those new on the brand, a lot of improved One X games. Heck... even for current owners, will be a nice way to revisit them.

Halo Infinite will be a good game and will look much better than this demo. They decided not to show gameplay for other games, not even Forza. I hated it, but it doesn't change anything. It would've been different if MS had nothing new to announce, but that's not the case.

As for power... you will still have Cyberpunk and Valhalla if you really want to compare at launch. FC6 a couple of months later.

XSX is the best console to get at launch and all the way through 2021. Once PS big AAAs arrive, it will be time to consider a PS5 for me.

Edit: Lol... dude ... you changed your Avatar just to troll. I mean... I know games are supposed to make us go back to our childhood sometimes, but not literally.

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Uggh... What a post...

Not going in to that "Why Game Pass didn't help Xbox One" convo. That's being discussed a trillion times everywhere.

Triple As aren't made in two years (Obsidian, The Initiative, Playground Games) So yes. You'll have to wait.

Jun 4, 2007
I'm tired of talking about it also. I'm just going to move on from it.

The Devs explain the gameplay between the 2 worlds.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Looks like the rumors about Zeta are true. Exploring installation 7 should be very interesting. Maybe this is why 343 wanted the game to be more open word because Zeta is supposed to be 2 or 3 times the size of the other rings.(y)
https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-lead-confirms-game-takes-place-zeta-halo
Halo Infinite lead confirms the game takes place on Zeta Halo

• Halo Infinite lead Chris Lee has confirmed that the game will take place on Zeta Halo, one of the remaining Halo rings.
  • Compared to other Halo rings, Zeta Halo has a unique history centered around ancient humanity and the Flood.
  • Chris Lee also provided some other details on Halo infinite, such as info on overall structure and plans for the future.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
I believe i said as much a few months ago, but 4K60 is a ludicrous render target - particularly for a console (an APU to boot). Kudo's to the Halo devs for setting it as their render target, nothing wrong with that. However, gamers can be a bit dim, and i feel that's where a lot of this "issue" comes from.

Halo looks fine for a title hitting 60fps at the "native" render res. You can look at this gen, and observe the exact same thing: Titles that hit the native res (1080p) and 60fps are usually simpler in complexity than their 30fps contemporaries.
Triple As aren't made in two years (Obsidian, The Initiative, Playground Games) So yes. You'll have to wait.
I remember during the ps360 era when this was the case and boy did the games suck. COD even managed to shovel out something new every single year lol.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
I remember during the ps360 era when this was the case and boy did the games suck. COD even managed to shovel out something new every single year lol.
Indeed. Hope Halo Infinite isn't doing a Perfect Dark. On the other hand, Kameo looked great for a launch game.

Said this, that was a hell of a generation in the first 5 years or so.