Xbox Sales and Numbers Thread

Jun 4, 2007
Pro had supply issues for a few months. I'm not really surprised the X is outselling it.

Sony said the Pro accounted for 20% of the ps4 sales. 20% of the ps4 sales from nov 16' to jan 17' means the X has sold over 576,000.

Last edited:

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Well the X1X had supply issues too, and were sold out often. We we frequently get updates on when more stock would go out, when it did. But I feel that the PS4 was already sufficient in performance where as the Xbox was just way to weak due to their decision to include Kinect. So I think their was less of an incentive to go for a Pro when the standard is already good and consistently giving 1080p games. The Xbox original was still giving us 720p games.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
It didn't have supply issues nowhere near the degree that the pro had. It went out of stock once on amazon and was quickly restocked. It didn't have months of supply issues like the pro. There was never a time where you couldn't buy the X in stores in NA due to stock. You can't say that about the Pro because it took until like March or April for stock to finally meet the demand.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Well the X1X had supply issues too, and were sold out often. We we frequently get updates on when more stock would go out, when it did
Sadly, you're a person that lies for no reason. Don't get mad at me because it's exactly what you're doing here^. There was no reason for it. I wasn't downplaying the xbone outselling the pro. That would be stupid. I was just stating another reason, behind poor marketing, why the pro sales were as low as they were in NA during that time period. I'm not pushing an agenda or whatever else you want to call it. The information is documented. The Pro didn't meet demand until after March. The X supplied its demand with no issues in NA.

The X supply issues weren't severe to the point of restricting sales in any meaningful way for NPD results. That is a fact. There's no arguing you can do to change that. Your opinion doesn't change that either. Being out of stock for a couple hours/days on amazon is nothing major especially when you're insinuating that the pro and x supply issues were equal. You could easily find the x from other online retailers and in stores. That includes the launch, black friday and Christmas.

That's not shocking and it makes perfect sense as to why MS was well prepared. NA accounts for 60%(maybe more now) of the xbone total sales. They would have been dumb to send an abundance of supply to other countries where the xbone isn't selling too well.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
It didn't have supply issues nowhere near the degree that the pro had. It went out of stock once on amazon and was quickly restocked. It didn't have months of supply issues like the pro. There was never a time where you couldn't buy the X in stores in NA due to stock. You can't say that about the Pro because it took until like March or April for stock to finally meet the demand.
First Ive ever heard of pro supply issues.

Jun 4, 2007
First Ive ever heard of pro supply issues.
And? It doesn't mean it's not true(for you hedon. you aren't vindicated). Anyways, it was spoken about for months.

Google it. Sony speaks on it. Gamers speaks on it for months in other forums. Low restocks that sell out as soon as they came in. It happened until after March.

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah I guess I don't understand what he is talking about.
I'm sorry. I can't dumb it down any further for you. What I can do is give you simple words to search inside google or pretty much any search engine. Don't worry. It's very simple.

PS4 Pro Shortages == Copy and paste that into the search engine.(y)

There's examples through multiple months that back up my claim. I searched your claims about the X shortages and it came back void. I said before and I'll say it again. It still doesn't take away the fact that the X sold more.:eek:

This is one example from Sony if you're having trouble using the search engine. You have to read a little bit. Let me know if you're still having trouble.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ion-20-of-ps4-sales-since-november-are-a-pro/

You'll have to find the gamers comments across various sites on your own.

Edit for @mynd

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ion-20-of-ps4-sales-since-november-are-a-pro/
Supply shortages confirmed by Sony. Then there's sites such as neogaf, reddit and gamefaqs where people were constantly bitching about stock all the way into March. That's what I seen with my searches.

Anyways, the Pro is selling just fine. Just when you align launches it wasn't selling faster than the X. It's no big deal. I welcome to be proven wrong. You haven't done so.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
And a google search makes it apparent in North America there was never ever a shortage of PS4 pros.

Here's a thing: the PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation VR are severely supply constrained. While the former is readily available in parts of North America, it's almost entirely sold out across Europe and Asia.
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017..._solve_ps4_pro_playstation_vr_stock_shortages

For a system that was already out for 3 months. EU shortages wouldnt be a surprise, seeing as Sony ship in bulk there.

https://www.psu.com/news/ps4-pro-stock-shortages-still-low-but-bundles-still-available-in-uk/

You can't say that about the Pro because it took until like March or April for stock to finally meet the demand.
Well you dam well can frankly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ps4...s=cdr:1,cd_min:2/1/2017,cd_max:4/30/2017&tbm=

A quick google search of North America PS4 Pro shortages between Feb-April 2017 = NOTHING.

Jun 4, 2007
The Xbone is around 35 million in sales. It gets in a slump outside of the holidays or launch periods of new hardware. I honestly don't get that.

Edit: Looking at the data I think It'll track along with the 360 for the rest of the year. It think it'll fall behind the 360 next year though. That's when the 360 sales jumped with Kinect. Edit: Looking at the data it's already trailing behind the ps3 by 18.7m units. The PS3 had a lot of negative press, ect. too. 53.7m in the same time frame.

I just don't understand how it's not selling better considering that they fixed their image a long time ago. They have the best console for 3rd party. The best online along with services. You can play all/most of your old games. They have a killer line up of exclusives. And they have a 4k blu ray player. Surely that's all enough to boost sales, right? You guys have nothing to say now? News not interesting orrr does it hurt too much to talk about MS failing with console sales? lmao

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
The Xbone is around 35 million in sales. It gets in a slump outside of the holidays or launch periods of new hardware. I honestly don't get that.

Edit: Looking at the data I think It'll track along with the 360 for the rest of the year. It think it'll fall behind the 360 next year though. That's when the 360 sales jumped with Kinect. Edit: Looking at the data it's already trailing behind the ps3 by 18.7m units. The PS3 had a lot of negative press, ect. too. 53.7m in the same time frame.

I just don't understand how it's not selling better considering that they fixed their image a long time ago. They have the best console for 3rd party. The best online along with services. You can play all/most of your old games. They have a killer line up of exclusives. And they have a 4k blu ray player. Surely that's all enough to boost sales, right? You guys have nothing to say now? News not interesting orrr does it hurt too much to talk about MS failing with console sales? lmao
To be honest, there is a easy to catch diffrence between standard ps4 and Xbox one x on almost every game I played. If you are not an exclusive person, there is zero reason to own PS4 pro, when there is one x out there. Even the fan voice kills me after experienced the silience of one x.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
To be honest, there is a easy to catch diffrence between standard ps4 and Xbox one x on almost every game I played. If you are not an exclusive person, there is zero reason to own PS4 pro, when there is one x out there. Even the fan voice kills me after experienced the silience of one x.
If they're into multiplats only then they're likely playing online. Most of their friends could be gaming on ps4. That's one reason.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Oh there is also that. As a all a person who loves all kind of games, I would go with pro without hesitating , but I played a few game on one x which I already played on standart ps4. The diffrence is massive mate. I am only speaking for Witcher 3 and Hitman (2016). And thanks to that experience, I preordered Sekiro and Hitman 2 for one x.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Oh there is also that. As a all a person who loves all kind of games, I would go with pro without hesitating , but I played a few game on one x which I already played on standart ps4. The diffrence is massive mate. I am only speaking for Witcher 3 and Hitman (2016). And thanks to that experience, I preordered Sekiro and Hitman 2 for one x.
Standard PS4 and even Xbox One S get blown away by the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Seeing how Sony has the best exclusive titles, everyone should own both the 1X and Pro if they want the best experiences. It is as simple as that.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Standard PS4 and even Xbox One S get blown away by the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Seeing how Sony has the best exclusive titles, everyone should own both the 1X and Pro if they want the best experiences. It is as simple as that.
I'm going to disagree with you on part of your statement. Nintendo still has the strongest 1st party line up. And honestly there would be no reason for me to have any version of an Xbox console strictly to play Gears of War. If I feel value in getting a 2nd console of the game gen, it would obviously be a Nintendo system without a doubt.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I'm going to disagree with you on part of your statement. Nintendo still has the strongest 1st party line up. And honestly there would be no reason for me to have any version of an Xbox console strictly to play Gears of War. If I feel value in getting a 2nd console of the game gen, it would obviously be a Nintendo system without a doubt.
lol Not a chance. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda. Compare Switch 1st party to PS4. The PS4 has a way better lineup. Nintendo has too many 1st party kid games.

The only 1st party games I play on my Switch are:
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8

Everything else is too kiddish for me.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
lol Not a chance. Nintendo has Mario and Zelda.
Yes, I did make the comparison. This isn't about what's more mature and what isn't. I can go up to many people and they will at least heard of IPs like Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong even if they aren't into gaming that much. I can't do the same with PlayStation sided games because the reality is most of them don't stay around long enough to hit that legacy status. For example, take the last God of War title. There were legit people that though that was the first game. Yes I like the PlayStation lineup more myself, but I'm not going to put on some front and discredit Nintendo in this situation. This is the last time I'll respond to you on this topic, because otherwise it's going to derail too much from the thread and also I know I won't get anywhere with you at the end of the day.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Yes, I did make the comparison. This isn't about what's more mature and what isn't.
Of course it is. I am a grown man and Sony provided the best exclusive titles to their adult audience. Plain and simple. If you are 10 years old you can easily think Nintendo has the best exclusives.

Sales records also show that nobody thought God of War was the first one. Not to mention the marketing campaign and all the videos at many conferences........

Jun 4, 2007
Xbox One is now estimated to have sold 41m units. A measly 6m units sold for 2018. Keep in mind the console was discounted the whole year(if you shopped around) along with having a large supply of consoles under $200 during the holidays. It has also fallen behind the Xbox360 by 10.9m units when you align their launch months. There's no kinect to fall back on. Don't be fooled by YOY north america talk. There's no pr twisting your way out of this.

Bonus: * The PS3 has outsold the Xbox One by 21m units during the same time on the market. Shocking, right?
* The PS4 has averaged 10m more units per year than the Xbox One. I wonder why?
* The PS4 outsold the Xbox One 3:1 in 2018. What? Even with the X on the market?

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007

$1 gamepass working wonders. Lets take a look at how well the 360 performed with the xbone being a year away.

Code:
Xbox 360  Hardware Unit Sales (Unit:Million)

FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn      FY       LTD

2005/06         -       1.5      1.7      1.8       5.0      5.0

2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7       6.6      11.6

2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3       8.7      20.3 

2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2       11.2     31.5 

2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5       10.3     41.8

2010/11        2.8      6.3      2.7      1.7       13.7     55.3

2011/12        2.3      8.2      1.4      1.1       13.0     68.3

2012/13        1.7      5.9      1.3      1.0       9.9      78.2

Last edited:

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
Just read that at Forbes. Apparently all console hardware is dramatically down this quarter.

Next gen coming soon! Woo hoo!