Xbox Sales and Numbers Thread

May 20, 2008
Just read that at Forbes. Apparently all console hardware is dramatically down this quarter.

Next gen coming soon! Woo hoo!
Yep, Nintendo is still doing well though. Even with that decline Microsoft still made a ton of money even though the troll want you to think it's the opposite.

Jun 4, 2007
New consoles announced, current consoles not yet had a price drop - that's why numbers are down across the board.
Drop offs in sales are of course normal towards the end of the generation. What you described applies more towards the PS4 than xbone. The xbone has plenty of deals across the board and it's been that way since last year. Rather those deals come officially from MS or stores making deals in order to move product. The xbone struggled to sell 6 million consoles for the entire year of 2018. 2019 seems to be an even rougher year. Xbox problems existed long before their next gen announcement. Drops offs with the xbone is like jumping off a cliff compared to what the 360 faced. Even when the xbone was $199 it wasn't selling out.

Basically what I'm saying is the userbase for the xbone is saturated. That's a totally different story when compared to the PS4. Sony didn't supply enough PS4's for demand. $199 PS4's were selling out as fast as they hit the shelves.

Yep, Nintendo is still doing well though. Even with that decline Microsoft still made a ton of money even though the troll want you to think it's the opposite.
No trolling going on when facts are presented. MS does still make money. That's why they'll be around. MS making money isn't bringing in groundbreaking quality AAA exclusives to the xbone. Where's the new AAA i.p that sits next to Halo, Gears and forza(fable used to be there until Phil and Don fucked it up)? They haven't created one the entire generation with all that money they're making off you gamers backs lol. Games is why MS console is struggling. The quality is not there.

Sony makes a whole lot more in the gaming division as they should. There's more than double the ps4s out there than xbones. We'll see just how much sales have slowed down in the qt report soon. It's for a fact not going to be anywhere near the drop that the xbox is suffering. That's what boils your piss, man of no Substance.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under

$1 gamepass working wonders. Lets take a look at how well the 360 performed with the xbone being a year away.

Code:
Xbox 360  Hardware Unit Sales (Unit:Million)

FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn      FY       LTD

2005/06         -       1.5      1.7      1.8       5.0      5.0

2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7       6.6      11.6

2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3       8.7      20.3

2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2       11.2     31.5

2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5       10.3     41.8

2010/11        2.8      6.3      2.7      1.7       13.7     55.3

2011/12        2.3      8.2      1.4      1.1       13.0     68.3

2012/13        1.7      5.9      1.3      1.0       9.9      78.2
Last gen saw a 35 percent decrease in hardware sales at the same time.
Much of muchness. The 1/4 before was nearly 50 percent down.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Basically what I'm saying is the userbase for the xbone is saturated. That's a totally different story when compared to the PS4. Sony didn't supply enough PS4's for demand. $199 PS4's were selling out as fast as they hit the shelves.

No trolling going on when facts are presented..
Well then why dont you fucking wait till the Sony results next Tuesday before you start spouting "facts".
Even in the last Fiscal report Sony state dhtey also had decreased PS4 sales. So stop talking shit.
Game & Network Services SegmentFY2018(year-on-year)
Sales: 367.1 bln yen (19%) significant increase (FX Impact: -9.4 bln yen)
ꞏ(+) Increase in game software sales ꞏ
(+) Increase in the number of subscribers for PlayStation®Plus,a paid membership serviceꞏ
(--) Decrease in PlayStation®4 (PS4™) hardware sales
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/18q4_sonypre.pdf

Everybody across the board is down.

Sony didn't supply enough PS4's for demand[
Bullshit.

May 20, 2008
Drop offs in sales are of course normal towards the end of the generation. What you described applies more towards the PS4 than xbone. The xbone has plenty of deals across the board and it's been that way since last year. Rather those deals come officially from MS or stores making deals in order to move product. The xbone struggled to sell 6 million consoles for the entire year of 2018. 2019 seems to be an even rougher year. Xbox problems existed long before their next gen announcement. Drops offs with the xbone is like jumping off a cliff compared to what the 360 faced. Even when the xbone was $199 it wasn't selling out.

not true.

No trolling going on when facts are presented. MS does still make money. That's why they'll be around. MS making money isn't bringing in groundbreaking quality AAA exclusives to the xbone. Where's the new AAA i.p that sits next to Halo, Gears and forza(fable used to be there until Phil and Don fucked it up)? They haven't created one the entire generation with all that money they're making off you gamers backs lol. Games is why MS console is struggling. The quality is not there.

Sony makes a whole lot more in the gaming division as they should. There's more than double the ps4s out there than xbones. We'll see just how much sales have slowed down in the qt report soon. It's for a fact not going to be anywhere near the drop that the xbox is suffering. That's what boils your piss, man of no Substance.

If they make so much money why don't they have a cloud service that can stand on its own? And don't say they aren't that interested because their actions say otherwise. The truth is that they don't make "a whole lot more" as you stated.

But ok, lets talk "money" since you seem to be so interested in how much money Microsoft is making. In hardware sales, yes, Sony makes more from their hardware than Microsoft, but hardware isn't where the most money is made. Xbox division includes
PC
windows 10
xbox Live
Mixer
Gamepass

and whatever else they have, its not as clear of a win that you make it sound. The money MS makes goes back into the division as you can see with the purchase of studios and services.

Sales and profits aren't exactly the same. For example, this time last year sony reported $17.7 billion in sales, but only $1.6 billion profit. That 1.6 billion was more than any other part of their company. Some of that 1.6 billion is most likely used to help out other areas which probably took away from them investing more in cloud services and as a result led to them going to their biggest gaming rival because they were obviously being left behind Ms, Google and Amazon. And truthfully speaking, its the latter 2 that's motivating MS to do what their doing right now, which I don't really care much for, but most likely inevitable. Sony is doing the same thing. They may be talking hardware out in public but behind closed doors they are jumping on the streaming stuff as well because they want to make more money too. Microsoft is positioning themselves to be ready for things going beyond traditional gaming.

"It’s not just Microsoft feeling the pain of falling hardware sales. According to market research firm NPD Group, game console spending is down 20 percent so far this year, and the only device seeing year-over-year growth is the newer Nintendo Switch. Hardware spend in June dipped 33 percent year-over-year to $235 million, NPD reported today."

Despite the down quarter, Microsoft’s gaming revenue rose nearly 10 percent to $11.4 billion for the 2019 fiscal year, thanks to a strong holiday season.
https://www.geekwire.com/2019/micro...ls-countdown-next-generation-consoles-begins/
Those two facts were right there too but im not surprised you didnt include those because it doesn't fit your narrative. Gaming revenue is down pretty much across the board just like a few of us have already stated.

And as for Halo Gears and Forza, I play all three so I hope they keep them coming.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
The two Xbox fanboys are still loyal I see ROFL. Even Crackgamer the King of Xbox fanboys himself gave up on the Xbox. The Xbox One is a colossal failure where it matters and that is a fact. It's not even about the sales as the WiiU beat it as far as games go. You two guys really need to move on man LOL. You get nothing for being tools.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
What the hell does their money got to do with games? Man you are sad. I don't care about Sony's money, but they actually put money into games as does Nintendo. M$ just puts it into their pocket you tool.

Jun 4, 2007
@mynd is rattled. I love it. It's not my fault Phil led the charge and fell on his rusty blade.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS4 is stomping the xbox in the ground. It's just reality. Deal with it:cool:. This is the worst xbox generation ever. $199 PS4's sold out just as fast as they could stock them over the holidays. These $199 PS4's had a limited stock. So yes, :poop:for brains, Sony didn't supply enough to meet demand because people were turned away due to no more being available. You can be in denial all you want. I don't give a fuck. Go punch a pillow. Get some of that anger out.

The xbox one drop in 2019 is massive and that's coming off the back of a shitty 6m sold in 2018 :p. AS I SAID BEFORE, the ps4 suffered a drop in the previous qt and they'll likely suffer one this qt but it damn sure isn't going to be "dramatically down" like the xbox one. Hedon summed up an article that paints PS4 and Xbox one in the same light. An article in which Hendon claimed said that the PS4 was "dramaitcally down" this qt when the results isn't even out lol. So don't bring your "wait for the results" bullshit my way. You can go do something to yourself.

Edit: do yourself a favor and save the anger filled reply. I won't read it. I'm only going to laugh at you from now until the next set of news hits for the xbox. And lets be honest here. It's likely going to be some news none of you diehard fans want to hear lol. Blame Phil.

Last edited:

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
The funny thing is PS4 and Switch owners are playing games and waiting for more games. Xbox gamers are damage controlling. Why? These are just pieces of plastic and we only buy them for the games we can play. At age 35 I still don't understand it. It's funny though but sad. Hey screw Sony except for PS. My second Sony 4KTV got pressure damage after the first one had the same danage, but this time I had a warranty and got a reimbursement so I got a new better Samsung TV on the way. I go where my money is best spent no matter the product. You Xbox guys need to do the same. I am waiting for a price drop to get another Switch because of some exclusives. Remember it is about the GAMES, not the box or corporations lol.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
What the hell does their money got to do with games? Man you are sad. I don't care about Sony's money, but they actually put money into games as does Nintendo. M$ just puts it into their pocket you tool.
Who said sony didn't put money into games.? I sure didn't.
You stated above that you go where your money is best spent. Well so do I. I'm not gonna stop playing games on my console because of someone else's preference.
The question I have is why does it bother you Sony guys so much that a few of us here don't hate Xbox as much as you do? I don't remember anyone here saying Microsoft' is perfect. They definitely have their faults and so does Sony and Nintendo.

Hedon

Jan 19, 2018
The funny thing is PS4 and Switch owners are playing games and waiting for more games. Xbox gamers are damage controlling. Why? These are just pieces of plastic and we only buy them for the games we can play. At age 35 I still don't understand it. It's funny though but sad. Hey screw Sony except for PS. My second Sony 4KTV got pressure damage after the first one had the same danage, but this time I had a warranty and got a reimbursement so I got a new better Samsung TV on the way. I go where my money is best spent no matter the product. You Xbox guys need to do the same. I am waiting for a price drop to get another Switch because of some exclusives. Remember it is about the GAMES, not the box or corporations lol.
I personally enjoy owning all 3 consoles. I have a Switch, PlayStation 4 Pro and an Xbox One X. This way I get to play Super Marios, Zeldas and Donkey Kongs on my Switch, Uncharted, God of War and Gran Turismo on my PS4 Pro and Halo, Gears and Forza on my Xbox One X. Not only that, but when we get other exclusive games like Oure, Spider-man, The Last of Us, State of Decay, Quantum Break, Ashen etc, I get to play and enjoy all those too.

Granted, most of my time is spent on multiplatform games, but if each console didn't have their own exclusive games, I wouldn't be buying them.

I am glad that Sony has given us a great library of games, I am glad that MS is finally listening and getting more games out there by having more studios, and Nintendo is being Nintendo, and their Switch games are dominating the Metacritic charts and sales are through the roof.

My PC has been relegated to mostly being used for ARMA3, rFractor and WoW.

Everyone has different tastes, so I am glad that there are many options out there for people to choose from. GAMING ROCKS!

Jun 4, 2007
@Hedon But you said sales of the ps4 was "dramaitcally down" this qt. :eek: What happened? You lied.

Sales of the PS4 grew from QT4 18' to QT1 19'.

- 100m sold. 1billion software(sold/shipped. who gives a fuck? The same metric is used for all consoles in this discussion.)

More than double what the Xbox One family has on the market. Performing like the ps2 without some of the clear-cut advantages the ps2 had.

@Sub-stance1 You said the Switch was doing well. Guess what? Sales of the Switch was down this QT compared to the last QT. The PS4 sales grew this QT compared to their last QT. The PS4 sold more this QT(As they did last QT) than the Switch. So if the Switch was "still doing well" then it means PS4 is doing great according to your logic. That just leaves the xbox one doing terrible:cry: @mynd how's that for some "shit" talking?:ROFLMAO: Everyone I tagged makes it so easy.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
The NPD Group has released its monthly sales report for June 2019, and the numbers show a decline in consumer spending across all major market categories. Video game hardware spending took a particularly big hit in June with a 33% decrease over the same time last year.

Year-to-date hardware spending is also down 20% at $1.3 billion, but Nintendo Switch continues to find a way. It was the only platform to see growth, leading the month of June and it remains the best-selling hardware platform for the first half across both unit and dollar sales, NPD reported
https://gamedaily.biz/article/1057/...-and-software-sales-saw-a-decline-in-june-npd
In the Game & Network Services segment, Sony expects to record flat revenues due to adverse foreign currency translation and lower PS4 hardware unit sales, partially offset by higher game software sales.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/top...1-earnings-disappointment-in-store/ar-AAETT0E
Scroll down to page F-4 in the following link and you will see the numbers from sony in the Game/Network services ending June 30.
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/19q1_sony.pdf

Game & Network Services (G&NS)
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/19q1_sony.pdf

Sales are expected to be lower than the April forecast primarily due to lower-than-expected PlayStation®4 (“PS4”software sales mainly from non-first-party titles, as well as lower-than-expected PS4 hardware unit sales.Operating income is expected to remain unchanged from the April forecast primarily due to the impact of cost reductions and an increase in network services revenue including sales for PlayStation®Plus, substantially offset by the impact of the above-mentioned expected decrease in sales of software and hardware

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
@Hedon
Sales of the PS4 grew from QT4 18' to QT1 19'.

@mynd how's that for some "shit" talking?:ROFLMAO: .
Why are you comparing different quarters?

Sales were stagnant, which is a victory unto itself however.

Operating income was down from 83.5 to 73.8 million.

Or put in perspective...

income was down 11 percent, actually worse than MS's dip.