Yamauchi on GT7 in 2017? "People will not wait so much."

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Tuesday, 9 June 2015 18:08 GMT By Shabana Arif

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series, talked to Spazio Gamesabout the release date for the new game as well as addressing other issues present in the franchise.

Yamauchi was in Paris for an event unveiling the Peugeot Vision GT Concept and mentioned that the partnership between Peugeot and Gran Turismo would continue in Gran Turismo 7.
He also spoke about issues the previous games had with crash and damage physics, saying that these problems would be resolved in the new title.
Premium cars have also been confirmed, but no further details were mentioned other than their presence in the game.
When asked about the rumoured 2017 release date, Yamauchi stated that “People will never wait so much.” This is courtesy of Google translate, but apparently he was quite emphatic, leading Spazio Games to surmise that we will more than likely be seeing the game during Autumn 2016.
Thanks for the tip, NeoGAF.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/09/gran-turismo-7-may-hit-ps4-in-2016/

Oh yes. Oh very very yessy yes. Ladies, and gentlemen, do start your engines.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Really hoping to see something at E3, even if it's just an announcement that would please me! Thing is though it may be 2016 but knowing out luck it will be winter 2016 so there will still be a long wait till we can get our hands on it!

Tetsu

Forum Guru
May 6, 2006
I must admit that more than anything, I'm a Gran Turismo freak. GT6 is a flawed but tasty hors d'oeurve that has sustained me for a year and a half. But I'm ravenous for some next gen GT action. Project CARS shows what's possible on PS4. Now it's time for Kazunori Yamauchi and his team of wizards to show what can be done with all that PS4 power for real.

Start your engines indeed!

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Absolutely.

Looking forward again to starting on the ladder, first races in a boggo 1.6l MX-5 as it's all you can afford. Slowly building up cash for your dream cars, finding that unexpected bargain in the second hand dealerships which, with a quick oil change, proves a complete rocket.
Would really like to see damage implemented on the new one too along with hundreds of cars, hundreds of tracks, endurance races, rallying and a plethora of tuning options. Don't think it's much to ask............ :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk