Your Switch, my Switch, THE SWITCH

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Didn't see a thread for this... so here we go. What do you have for the Switch at this point? What accessories do you have?

Games
Mighty Gunvolt Burst*
Oxenfree*
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King*
Rive*
Doom
Mario Oddyssey
Golf Story*
Stardew Valley*
Oceanhorn*
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition*
FIFA 18
SteamWorld Dig 2*
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Sonic Mania*
I am Setsuna*
Graceful Explosion Machine*
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero*
Overcooked*
Splatoon 2
Blaster Master Zero*
Arms
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove*
NBA Playgrounds*
Mr. Shifty*
Mario Kart 8
Zelda BotW
Snake Pass*
Lego City Undercover
Thumper*
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Kamiko*
Isaac+
Fast RMX*
Wonder Boy: Dragons Trap*

*-denotes digital game

Other this and that

amFilm Tempered Glass screen protector
Basstop dock replacement
Orzly Playstand
Myriannn Aracde Cabinet
Hori Play Stand
Red/Blue joy-cons
Yellow joy-cons
Pro controller
Splatoon themed Pro controller
Splatoon neon green/pink joy cons

SUPER EXCITED SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION JOY-CONS COMING SOON just waiting for them to be finished and shipped to me. SUPER epic.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I don't have much. I hardly touch the thing anymore.

Games
Zelda
Street Fighter II
Binding of Isaac
Fast RMX
Mario Kart
1-2 Switch
Arms

Accessories
Extra docking station
Pro controller
Retro NES style Joy-Cons (not recieved but ordered)

sneezymarble

Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2008
Bought it. Hated it. Returned it. I've learned I'm just not a handheld guy, and, frankly, I hate Nintendo's hardware. I get that a handheld for a lot of people is ideal. It's just not for me. I don't have a lot of time to game these days, but when I do, I just want to sit down on the couch in front of a giant screen. The only Nintendo game I care about is BotW and I'm able to play it now at 5k, solid 30fps, higher res shadows, better AA. As of the latest cemu version I've played well over 30 hours with no crashes and it's god damn glorious. That's what I want. What I don't want is a hand held experience, with hand held quality, on my UHD screens. Sorry, Nintendo. I have no doubt they'll be successful. I'm simply not their target demo.

Edit: Before you scream piracy, I bought both the Wii U and Switch version of BotW and kept them, even though I own neither system. Devs got my money, twice, for a great game that I'm fortunate to be able to play in a way and at a quality that I want.

Last edited:

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
The only game I have on it is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. My preferred way of playing is connected to the TV (lol); I don't plan on returning it due to future Nintendo games.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6532079]I thought more would be had here. Especially from Letha. :([/QUOTE]

The console is seriously lacking in games that I actually want from Nintendo. Thank God for the new Mario in October.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I have Zelda, Mario Kart, and I am Setsuna. Pro controller, screen protector, and a carrying case are the only accessories I have.

Haven't played it much lately. Got a bit bored with Zelda, but just needed a break. Switch really needs some new games.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Bought one for my son, he absolutely loves it and can't stop playing Mario Kart 8 (he's not the only one lol).

Only have that and Minecraft Super Mario edition right now, have asked for some more games for his birthday though so shall see what he gets. Have to say I'm very impressed with it though, like how you can play it many ways!

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
Bought one a few weeks ago. Only have Mario Kart, 1-2 Switch and Zelda so far. Haven't had a chance to start Zelda yet, really looking forward to diving into it.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I sold my Switch the other day. I will buy another to play Mario and then sell it again. The Switch just doesn't do it for me.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Bought a new Switch for Mario and then sold it a few days ago. Mario was great but it is hard for me to play the Switch when the PS4 Pro and One X smash the hell out of it graphically. I also need a trophy system to want to keep playing.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6534515]I simply love the portability. I can't wait to see a a 2d Mario on this.[/QUOTE]

Im just to busy to play games on the go. Whenever I do have time it is when I am home.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Oh I'm sure. I don't really ever play "on the go" either. However, if I'm at the house, and the tv is being used, I can just play in my lap, etc. The indie support has been really nice, and the first party games are top notch. Add the third party games, and it's just a damn nice "console" for me. Playing Doom on it. It's just awesome.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6534524]Oh I'm sure. I don't really ever play "on the go" either. However, if I'm at the house, and the tv is being used, I can just play in my lap, etc. The indie support has been really nice, and the first party games are top notch. Add the third party games, and it's just a damn nice "console" for me. Playing Doom on it. It's just awesome.[/QUOTE]

Surprised you even bought one seeing how it is only 32gb. ;)

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6534547]Considering games don't install from carts...[/QUOTE]

Nope, they just require large downloads after you bought the cart. :)

Doom - Multiplayer mode requires a 9gb update

NBA 2K18 - Additional 16.1gb of storage required

LA Noire - 14gb download required

These are physical copies that require these downloads which forces the user to purchase a larger sd card.

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I've considered selling my Switch but ultimately decided I'm going to stick it out. There haven't been any games that I thought were mind-blowing. I played a lot of Zelda, but felt like I was forcing myself to play it. Kept waiting for that moment where I realized it was as good as everyone else in the universe claimed it was. Never happened. I have Mario, but haven't had a chance to put a lot of time into the game.

Other than the big two, I have played some Golf Story, Mario Kart 8, and a couple of indies. Personally, I have no interest in these big third party ports like Doom and LA Noire on Switch. I already have better versions elsewhere. What I am really waiting on are the big JRPGs to hit. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks pretty good. SMT V is coming.....eventually.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Nice list dude!
I haven't got a Switch yet but definitely will get one at some point.
Though.. I WANNA SEE A LUIGI'S MANSION FOR THE SWITCH!
A new one, not just a previous re-released D:

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Nice list dude!
I haven't got a Switch yet but definitely will get one at some point.
Though.. I WANNA SEE A LUIGI'S MANSION FOR THE SWITCH!
A new one, not just a previous re-released D:
I hope hope we get to see some top notch side scrolling Mario. A Luigis Mansion would be kick ass too. The indie games on this have been awesome. They've really done a great job with this system.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
Added:

Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Oxenfree

34 games on my Switch now. Seriously wanna get the NEOGEO games, but I'm holding out to see if they'll do Metal Slug Anthology for $20 instead of me having to buy all of them for $7.99 each.