Your taste of music?

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
(I saw there isn't a thread about this so I made one.)
Like the title says, what kind of music genre do you listen to? Is there music you can't stand?

I personally like metal, it's interesting how I only liked alternative rock at first but it progressed from there to rock, hard rock and now METAL!!! My friends and family members say I'm emo but what do they know. I like bands like Disturbed, Lamb of God, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Bullet for My Valentine and bands of that sort. I like all music:).

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
I like a lot of different music. I usually listen to rock/alternative/Jpop/Jrock though. My favorite bands/musicians are Blink-182, Shiny Toy Guns, The Presidents of The United States Of America, SR-71, The Killers, Jimmy Eat World, Lifehouse, Nickelback, Saving Abel, Sugarcult, The Go! Team, Nobuo Uematsu, The Pillows, Linkin Park, etc.

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Shadowfyre, post: 0]I like a lot of different music. I usually listen to rock/alternative/Jpop/Jrock though. My favorite bands/musicians are Blink-182, Shiny Toy Guns, The Presidents of The United States Of America, SR-71, The Killers, Jimmy Eat World, Lifehouse, Nickelback, Saving Abel, Sugarcult, The Go! Team, Nobuo Uematsu, The Pillows, Linkin Park, etc.[/quote]

Blink-182 and Linkin Park are some of my favorite, some of the first music I listened to came from them.

A

another guy

I have to say that I love Reggaeton (Arcangel, Wisin & Yandel, ~ejo & Dalmata) 'cause I'm from Puerto Rico, Reggae (Bob Marley, Cultura Profetica) is also a good choice and the complete opposite of the past genres i just mentioned: METAL (Disturbed, Slipknot, Maximun the Hormone)

exYle

Master Guru
Aug 16, 2006
I listen to mostly heavy metal and alternative bands (all time favorite is Muse followed closely by Disturbed), but I do occasionally listen to pop-rock bands that I somewhat like (Paramore and Fall Out Boy only, though)

Filler

Superior Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mostly metal, though I've been trying to broaden my taste(with varying results) so I'm not just listening to The Melvins and Acid Bath over and over again. Since most metal sucks.

I'll take any suggestions.

Mar 8, 2008
Progressive Metal, R&B guitar, Jazz guitar, Classical guitar. Everything guitar except country don't like the twangy guitars.

I listen to A LOT of Lamb Of God, great start to the working day. Bought Disturbed's new CD and it's really good, been listening to a lot more metal and have gone off rap, mostly the newer stuff. But I have weird tastes in music I guess, I like a lot of 80's music as well...

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Lots and lots of rap. Tupac, Jay-Z, Jim Jones, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross.....I guess you get the idea. I'm into a little bit of R&B (Usher, Chris Brown, etc.). That's about it though. Not very broad horizions in music...I know. :DD

One thing I forgot to mention to the OP was listen to a band called The Devil Wears Prada, they are a christian band believe it or not but they play some very good music and sound very similar to Lamb Of God. I went to see them play live and they kicked ***, I suggest downloading their song Don't Dink and Drance...

W

WuTangBlade

[QUOTE="MiNiMaL_sAnItY, post: 0]Rap, progressive and post-rock, electronic, Instrumentals/Soundtracks. That about covers it.[/quote]

Yea I'd say something along those lines.

I'm going through a Beatles & Pink Floyd stage atm, got to love them both!

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
Heavy Metal, Hard Rock...and that's it :DD

My favourite bands are:

Lamb of God
Children of Bodom
Bullet for my Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold
Megadeth
Ripskin (I'm the song writer :DD)
Chimaira

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
I'm into mostly anything. My music varies so much it's pretty scary.

My playlist could be playing some N trance - set me free then it will go onto Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl to System of a down or something.

A

another guy

[QUOTE="SymphonyX, post: 0]Progressive Metal, R&B guitar, Jazz guitar, Classical guitar. Everything guitar except country don't like the twangy guitars.[/quote]

I noticed that ur another guitarist like me. What guitar model do you have??

magma12

Dedicated Member
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Scotracer, post: 0]Heavy Metal, Hard Rock...and that's it :DD

My favourite bands are:

Lamb of God
Children of Bodom
Bullet for my Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold
Megadeth
Ripskin (I'm the song writer :DD)
Chimaira[/quote]

Yeah man!!! Bullet for My Valentine!!! what's your favorite song?

@THUGG, Don't Dink and Drance? consider it downloaded;).

Mar 8, 2008
[QUOTE="another guy, post: 0]I noticed that ur another guitarist like me. What guitar model do you have??[/quote]

Classical I got a Ramirez

Electric I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard 93

&

ESP LTD Gl-500k (trying to sell it though)

I also have a that volkswagon guitar but I don't use it.

A

another guy

[QUOTE="SymphonyX, post: 0]Classical I got a Ramirez

Electric I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard 93

&

ESP LTD Gl-500k (trying to sell it though)

I also have a that volkswagon guitar but I don't use it.[/quote]

I mostly have classical and acoustic guitars (classical is my style;))
and electric I have a Stratocaster.
For how much are u selling that ESP LTD Gl-500k?

Jun 3, 2008
Real hiphop like The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mos, Common, Scarface, Devin the dude, Boot Camp, WuTang, Dead Prez on and on and on

Womble

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Indie rock, Brit Pop, British Rock 'N' Roll, Bit of True Punk (none of the american wannabe stuff, no offence people)mod, a bit of Ska now and then, Reggae aswell.

Favourite band ever is Oasis

Dark_Light

Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2007
I like everything including Classic Rock like Led Zep, modern indie like The Young Knives, 90's trance, classic metal like Pantera, Mozart's violin symphanies, Bach's Lute Suites.

Not too keen on rap music though. Or, as I like to call it, Crap music, heh.

I also play classical and electric guitar. Segovia FTW!!

A

Apophys

I mostly listen to metal (nearly all genres) and hard rock, though I am into ambient, darkwave, progressive, classical and power electronics as well. The only hip-hop band I listen to is Dalek, which is interesting since I am not really into that genre.

The music that I can't listen to is pop and the mainstream stuff. It's so recycled and repetitive.

As for my favourite bands, they would be:

Anaal Nathrakh (been listening to them a lot)
Opeth
Wolves In the Throne Room
Biomechanical
Professor Fate
Disturbed
Scar Symmetry
'Neath
Portal
Agalloch
Meshuggah
Dark the Suns

I am checking out many underground bands, so there's much more.

Sep 10, 2007
I loves me some metal. Especially the older stuff : Metallica, Testament, Slayer, Pantera, Sabbath. Newer stuff is awesome as well. I like straight up rock & roll too, ACDC type stuff. I'm really liking this band called Airbourne lately. I've been known to listen to some rap every now and then, and some techno type electronic stuff when weird moods hit me. I'm liable to do about anything but country, r&b, and show tunes.