You're 5 greatest football (soccer) players of all time and ultimate team

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
I'm always interested to see who people consider to be the best.

Mine is:
  • George Best
  • Garrincha
  • Ronaldo (Fenomono)
  • Messi
  • Xavi
My ultimate team is
Buffon
Baresi Beckenbauer Maldini
Gullit
Xavi Norman Whiteside
Messi
Best Ronaldo Garrincha​

Last edited:

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 5606639]P.Schmeichel
D.Edwards
B.Charlton
P.Scholes
E.Cantona[/QUOTE]

I think i smell a man u fan! All great players though. Its a shame the world didn't get to see much of Duncan Edwards, every man u fan I know speaks very highly of him

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
[video=youtube;r_V6y5P050M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_V6y5P050M[/video]

Wheres the Garrincha love everyone?

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
I genuinely don't get the Zidane hype, probably not even in my top 20. Technically he was absolutely outstanding to be fair but i've never considered him to be one of the greatest

LC77

Dedicated Member
May 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Duff-MaN_, post: 5606862]I genuinely don't get the Zidane hype, probably not even in my top 20. Technically he was absolutely outstanding to be fair but i've never considered him to be one of the greatest[/QUOTE]

:lol:

On his wrong foot.

[video=youtube;crDzasp1-60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60[/video]

Not many players could do this on their strongest foot.

Besides, his last act on a football field was to nut some fella in the chest. :cool:

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
[QUOTE="LC77, post: 5606885]:lol:

On his wrong foot.

[video=youtube;crDzasp1-60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60[/video]

Not many players could do this on their strongest foot.

Besides, his last act on a football field was to nut some fella in the chest. :cool:[/QUOTE]

To be fair i did say he was technically astounding, lubomir moravcik was more two footed than zidane, it doesnt make him the best player ever

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Duff-MaN_, post: 5606988][video=youtube;csfUi8d9XMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfUi8d9XMs[/video]

Better than anything Zidane ever did :)[/QUOTE]That's impressive?

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Come on guys. Messi isn't in the top 5 yet. Playing at a club that is full of stars, play him at International level, he goes missing.

Anyway, all subjective I guess.

Top 5.

1. Pele
2. Zidane
3. Maradona
4. Cruyff
5. Best
(6) Dalglish :mrgreen:

An all star team is friggin hard.

So am just going to go based on the last 20 years.

----------------------Buffon-------------------
Cannavaro------------Stam---------------A.Cole
Figo--------Zidane----------Cantona-----Nedved
--------------------Bergkamp-------------------
--------------Henry----------Del Piero----------

Was a toss up between Del Piero and Shevchenko (AC Milan days)

Little short on defence I know, but I am of the opinion that if you have possession players who hold the ball, defending wont be an issue :lol:

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
I think Kopkiwi has the best post here to be honest. I agreed with him fully and unbiased.. I mean he did put in Best where as Tut just put United players... and Shibby with Liverpool. :lol:

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5607582]I think Kopkiwi has the best post here to be honest. I agreed with him fully and unbiased.. I mean he did put in Best where as Tut just put United players... and Shibby with Liverpool. :lol:[/QUOTE]

How can Best NOT be rated amongst the best (see what I did there)? Even as a United hating Liverpool supporter I can appreciate pure class when I see it. Unless they play for Everton (apart from Southall, he was fantastic)

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
I don't consider myself qualified to critique Best as I haven't seen much of him. From the little I saw I liked though.

And hey, I only put 2 Liverpool players not 5 haha. And I can make a case for both of them. Zidane himself hailed Gerrard as the best in the world. And Dalglish was the best player in the best Liverpool side of all time, which is often hailed as the best team of all time. Obviously you can challenge that, but it's my opinion, not yours so, as Kenny himself would say, piss off Wenger :D.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Duff-MaN_, post: 5607768]Yes?[/QUOTE]It's ok, but it's probably not his highlight moment and certainly not something better than what Zidane did or any other top player for that matter.

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 5607804]It's ok, but it's probably not his highlight moment and certainly not something better than what Zidane did or any other top player for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough each to their own, i just dont see why zidanes volley is seen as the height of technical achievement in football. Even in his own era i think players like bergkamp where just as good technically yet zidane is considered by some to be one of the best ever, i just dont get the hype

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Duff-MaN_, post: 5607876]Fair enough each to their own, i just dont see why zidanes volley is seen as the height of technical achievement in football. Even in his own era i think players like bergkamp where just as good technically yet zidane is considered by some to be one of the best ever, i just dont get the hype[/QUOTE]One thing doesn't make Zidane great, it's what he has done and achieved. Bergkamp was good as well, i agree, but he still achieved less.

This is one reason i can't include Messi. He's good, but he is still young.

Duff-MaN_

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 5607894]One thing doesn't make Zidane great, it's what he has done and achieved. Bergkamp was good as well, i agree, but he still achieved less.

This is one reason i can't include Messi. He's good, but he is still young.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Zidane has achieved more than Messi? Even at 23 I know many that would argue that Messi has surpassed Zidane in terms of personal and team achievements.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
I think people forget how good Zidane was at carry his team because people are probably looking at only stats. Watch a few season review of Real Madrid or the 2006 World Cup even when he was about to retire to see his influence on a team.

If you only look at stats sure... but if you watch the games it's quite a different story.