Zone of the Enders 3 - Kojima says: it's up to the fans!

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
OMG! What a great news. I can't waiiiiit. I did forget about this game, but now I recall how awesome it was on PS2.

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]I'd prefer Metal Gear..I don't like mech games[/quote]

Dont be silly, all men love giant robots :D

but it doesnt seem they actual care what ZOE fans want, they want to know what our casual friends think, not us :(

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]I'd prefer Metal Gear..I don't like mech games[/quote]
While I like Metal Gear too, I think its killing Kojima that he only makes Metal Gear games. Come on, give him a peace for once.

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
[QUOTE="Mael Duin, post: 0]While I like Metal Gear too, I think its killing Kojima that he only makes Metal Gear games. Come on, give him a peace for once.[/quote]

I agree I think the whole reason why he made sure MGS4 and the database explained EVERYTHING was because he didn't want to be pressured to continued making MGS games. I think he's earned enough credibility from the MGS series that it would be nice to see him either focus on another series (Polienauts, Snatcher, ZOE) or create something new.

Honestly the only new MGS you should expect from Kojima is either an MGS4+ or you should probably expect a Raiden prequel but not directed by Kojima probably have him in the executive producer seat if anything.

Aug 1, 2007
Z.O.E 3 on HD Consoles Would Be Like...... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

it's the only left title that i really really want to see it in this generation (( I got my Silent Hill And Beyond Good & Evil 2 )).....

so please.... make it true!

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 0]I'd prefer a new franchise from him.[/quote]

SILENCE YOUR BLASPHEMY!!!

While I normally really prefer new IP. ZOE2 was so fantastic I just wanted more. All I need is one for the new generation. Some games have that effect, like Yakuza, god of war, and relatively new IP like Gears of war and uncharted. I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequels.

Byuu

Dedicated Member
May 3, 2007
www.threshold-clan.com
Yes, please is all i can say.....mind you i'll probably be killed for what i'm about to say....but i've never played any of the ZoE games....unfortunately. But mind you i've only heard good things, and now i think i'll go bad and take a look see.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
Anyone who says they'd rather have some new IP instead of "just another mech game" clearly hasn't played Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner, which is simply one of the best games of PS2 and everyone should at least try it out, even if they aren't fans of mech games. Zone of the Enders is nothing like the Gundam games or Armored Core

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]Anyone who says they'd rather have some new IP instead of "just another mech game" clearly hasn't played Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner, which is simply one of the best games of PS2 and everyone should at least try it out, even if they aren't fans of mech games. Zone of the Enders is nothing like the Gundam games or Armored Core[/quote]

I remember when Gundam crossfire was announced as a launch title for the PS3 I was actually praying that they would follow Zoe2's model but alas that dream was crushed and raped by the piece of crap that was crossfire

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="LegendaryAim, post: 0]I remember when Gundam crossfire was announced as a launch title for the PS3 I was actually praying that they would follow Zoe2's model but alas that dream was crushed and raped by the piece of crap that was crossfire[/quote]

:lol: So true. I hate that clucky Gundam model.

I wish most mech games used Kojima's mech model.

EXGN

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2007
As much as I like ZOE, I'd rather see a new IP from Kojima.

That being said, Kojima was only the producer of the 2nd Runner. For those that aren't sure what that means, the producer is mainly responsible for making sure the game hits milestones and is out in time. They have very little creative input.

Rather, Shuyo Murata was the director AND writer of the ZOE2, meaning the story and creative elements were ALL HIM. He was also the co-director and primary writer of Metal Gear Solid 3/4. Let Shuyo Murata step out of the shadows!

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
[QUOTE="EXGN, post: 0]As much as I like ZOE, I'd rather see a new IP from Kojima.

That being said, Kojima was only the producer of the 2nd Runner. For those that aren't sure what that means, the producer is mainly responsible for making sure the game hits milestones and is out in time. They have very little creative input.

Rather, Shuyo Murata was the director AND writer of the ZOE2, meaning the story and creative elements were ALL HIM. He was also the co-director and primary writer of Metal Gear Solid 3/4. Let Shuyo Murata step out of the shadows![/quote]

Your thinking along the lines of an Executive Producer. Sometimes Producers and Executive producers share the same role but, It was Kojima who produced the idea of the ZOE universe he actually came up with the basic concept and story of ZOE and Co-Directing the game with Shuyo Murata.

This was shown in two different cases first being when the Anime was in it's early stages they had to ask Kojima for direct input and certain aspects of some characters. When the GBA game was created they went to KOJIMA not MURATA to ask if the story could be considered canon.

If ZOE3 is created expect Kojima to be taking the seat of director especially since he's now free of MGS

DeRaddyoMoFo

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2007
zimbobwe
Up to the fans!?? DO IT!!! Z.O.E 3 on ps3 would be so darn AWSOME!

Another game i would love to see made, (not related or anything).. A new REZ game. Oh deary that would be so beautiful if made on ps3/360. mmm

S

SixAxisRumble

Would much rather he done a new ip, ZOE is pretty average for a guy that can do games like MGS.

NuSoardGraphite

Superior Member
Jul 4, 2006
[QUOTE="SixAxisRumble, post: 0]Would much rather he done a new ip, ZOE is pretty average for a guy that can do games like MGS.[/quote]

Yet another person who has obviously not played ZOE2

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
Kojima and Konami are a bunch of ****** bags. Always teasing the fan with this garbage. Just get to the developing! :mad: