The Overwatch update 1.9 patch, now available to download on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC, brings with it a host of improvements and bug fixes.
The update, which is available to download via the PlayStation Network (PSN), features one major change, and a few general fixes. The big new feature is that payload speed has been increased on the Eichenwalde map, so defenders no longer have so much of an advantage.
Read the patch notes down below, or visit the official Overwatch site for more details.
- Players should now see fewer Plays of the Game featuring Mercy’s Resurrection ability
- Increased payload speed on Eichenwalde
User interface updates
- A new Competitive Tier legend has been added to the Competitive Play info screen
- A new Match Complete splash screen has replaced the former Round Complete splash screen in competitive matches
- Fixed a bug which prevented the Triple Kill announcement from being played after a kill streak of 3 or more
- Fixed several issues causing some players obtain a skill rating that's higher than their actual rating
Note: A very small number of people were affected by these issues, but those who were affected will have their skill rating adjusted appropriately
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong arrow to be shown on Hanzo's bow, or disappear entirely (the correct arrow would still be fired)
- Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat’s RIP-Tire from receiving credit for kills, achievements, and other stats
- Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on Hollywood