In a tweet by Okami Games, there is new information regarding Cyberpunk 2077‘s forthcoming massive expansion, Phantom Liberty. The tweet lists new features and news for the upcoming expansion, mentioning new skills inspired by the Cyberpunk Edgerunners Netflix anime, in addition to overhauled police systems, quality of life changes, and more. You can catch the full list of new additions below:
Includes new gameplay from Dogtown and the various new systems.
• The story is NOT standalone but takes place in the midst of the main storyline. However, you can skip ahead to the DLC if you want.
• Police can now spawn in with mounted vehicles. MaxTac officers can also spawn in eventually.
• Different districts can have different police forces.
• You will now come across fights, car chases, and gang wars while driving around Night City. The devs wanted to add more life to the world.
• Skill tree has been revamped almost entirely – it now tries to lean you into specific fantasies.
• Some of the new skills were inspired by Edgerunners.
• You can slice enemy tires with a katana using the new vehicle combat system. Mounted vehicles available with rockets, machine guns, and more.
A new trailer was released for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty at Gamescom 2023, showcasing a raft of new features that essentially relaunch the base game. Chiefly, the new expansion will revamp the game’s core systems, and will add a new ending for the base game, in addition to an all-new storyline that takes place alongside the narrative of the base game. CD Projekt RED also reported that this expansion is its biggest to date as they prepare for its release this September.
Are you excited about Phantom Liberty? You can check out the latest trailer below to feed your anticipation!